Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Durant did what Durant does to Utah. He always did this to us with the Thunder and it doesn't surprise me that he pulled the Warriors out with a victory yesterday.

We have an answer for every player on the Warriors team except Durant. And I thought at the beginning of the year that Durant was the X-factor for the Warriors if we play them. If the Warriors keep this group together next year than we're going to need to build a team for them, as I think we're going to be playing them in the playoffs for the next several years to come.

I really think the Jazz screwed up not getting a backup point gaurd and its really showing. Imagine having Lou Williams instead of Mack out there.

Great season for the Jazz. We improved a lot, made the playoffs, and advanced to the second round. We should celebrate this season despite not being able to beat a super team.

ya, we gave them a run for their money, in the end it was KD who killed us. And he will continue to torch us until we can find an answer for him. And if we are going to be facing him the next 5 years we better find a player that can defend him.

yeah its just too bad we played the warriors this round. I think they are the only team we don't get at least 2 games from, but they just crushed us. Will be a very tough off season for the Jazz. Have to keep Hayward and either need to resign hill or get a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    ya, we gave them a run for their money, in the end it was KD who killed us. And he will continue to torch us until we can find an answer for him. And if we are going to be facing him the next 5 years we better find a player that can defend him.
    You may be asking for the impossible. Durrant is an elite NBA scorer. You would have to double him, but you can't do that with a team full of stars. The real problem is the NBA rules allowed this ridiculous super team to be assembled. Meanwhile the Cavs were allowed to buy a roster with a payroll that exceeds the Jazz by 48 million. The NBA must fix the real problem. It's an uneven playing field. The NBA needs more parity. We all knew the Cavs and Warriors were going to rematch in the finals. When was the last time we were surprised at who was in the finals? Are you kidding me, I've had a perfect NBA playoff bracket for decades. This is why the NFL is a much better league. Yes the stupid Patriots have dominated but there is still a dozen teams with a legit chance at a ring next season. NBA is boring and predictable.

yeah I agree wes. Honestly if the warriors keep this core together I might only pay attention to the Jazz from now on. it's so stupid how good this team is. They have 2 top 5 nba players with a top 15 guy in draymond and an all star in Klay Thompson. The NBA players screwed up letting this happen but they were just so greedy that they couldn't see how bad this might be to let the cap jump by 20+ million.

Well one thing for sure, if they want to keep this core together they are literally going to be 30+ million over the cap without signing almost all their backup roster. If they want to sign Iggy/Livingston/west/etc than they will have to go over that 30 million that they're already at.

The way the salary cap expense goes, is you get charged x amount based on how much % you are over the cap.

Than that's multiplied by the amount of years you've been over the cap.

Year 2 = 2X the charge
    Year 3 = 3X the charge

So by the time Klay Thompson's contract is up they'll be paying through the nose with luxury tax.

But if they want to pay KD and Curry, Curry will be a super max player at 38 million, KD will be 5 million under that, and the soft cap is going to be around 110 million, so just those 2 players are more than 71 million of their salary.

Sure the owners pockets are deep, but I'm not sure they're THAT deep. I don't see this team staying together more than a couple years before someone has to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12