Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast

NFC East Thread (Post Draft)

Someone had to do it right?

In all honesty I'm super happy with how the draft went for the Cowboys. More specifically the first 5 picks. I don't know if there was a time in my life that I can recall a time with back to back cowboys drafts were I didn't have any WTF moments with the top picks.

This was one of those rare drafts were BPA and need went almost hand in hand.

That being said I'm not happy with how the others drafts went. Lol. I don't believe how well all 4 teams did in the draft. Both in the short term and long term with Sydney Jones and Webb possible being the replacement for Eli. Don't know if any other division did as well as this group from start to finish.

I'm looking forward to all the new acquisitions via the draft and FA the cowboys will be adding to the rotation on defense. And I mean players who should see tons of playing time.

Paea, Jaylon Smith, Taco, Awuzie, Lewis, Tapper, and Woods all have a chance to start and be productive. That's HUGE turnover.

I can see this defensive line coming together. I don't see the Cowboys having that Von Miller type of pass rusher but I can see them being NYG-esque where they can be very good as a group. Won't have the guy with 15+ sacks but could have 4 guys reach 10 sacks and get some good pressure from the 3-tech DT position.

Thoughts on the draft?
    Last edited by AmericasTeam; 05-01-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Philly addressed their 2 glaring weaknesses, WR and CB, not to mention grabbing a guy in the 1st to get help get after the QB. No true time table on Jones, although most reports say it will be sooner than later.

I'm least impressed with Dallas' draft overall, I still think they need a compliment to Dez.

Washington did a great job and the Giants have improved with both FA/draft. Looks like they are going all out to get Eli 1 more shot.

Should make for an interesting year.

In terms of overall draft, I'd rank it the following:

NYG
    Wash
    PHI (mostly due to Jone's uncertainty in status)
    Dal

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

dallas sucks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    dallas sucks
    Trust the process...

I think NYG is the tops in the division right now and were pre-draft. They got better in the draft and will be a tough take down. Definitely rides on Eli.

Dallas looks to be next but I could see them being last in the division IF Dak and Zeke have a set back/soph slump. The defense isn't intact yet and have some question marks. As stated, could be fighting for first or (un)comfortably in last.

Wash and Philly are next for me. MY heart wants the Eagles to be in first but I know the other teams, Wash included, in the division got better and were already good. Philly hit on some needs and solid depth pieces in the draft. Gave Schwartz a lot more to work with. A stronger D could help Wentz and the offense out that upgraded the line and WR big time. Could be a surprise team, I hope. Washington looks to be a solid team with the off-season and draft.

I think we could see all the teams in this division with at least 8 wins. If there was a team to not at least be .500, it'd be Philly. I think they're the hardest team to put a finger on and I think the Giants are the easiest and should be expected to at least be a 10-6 team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

To me the biggest unknown is philly. Wentz had something to seriously fix mechanically (drops his elbow a lot) and he wasn't exactly stellar last season. Plus his WR don't help him with having the damn drops. That's hard to fix. And the team will go as Wentz goes. But his upside is their if he puts in the work. It's not for lack of talent.

The giants have a problem with running the ball and that is going to cost them until they fix it. They are like that 3pt shooting team. They can get hot and get wins but when they got to play perfect to win. No ugly wins go that way.

The skins are doomed as that forever mediocre team until they can find a better run game and get cousins to either take that next step or replace him.

To me Dallas' has to be concerned with the RGIII symptom for Dak, although I believe he's setup better to not have that slump. With what his responsibilities are and what he has surrounding him. I think their playing style results in them having the lowest floor of all the teams because their big question isn't what makes them go or not. The run game is. And that isn't changing or going away.

I do like the defensive foundation they are building and i feel that we may finally be in a situation where the playoffs will be expected year in and year out and anything short of the Super Bowl would be a disappointment.
    Last edited by AmericasTeam; 05-01-2017 at 04:27 PM.

ESPN gave us an A- draft grade. I wouldn't go that high. I would say a solid B.

Aaron Judge- MLB's Next Rising Star!

Redskins defense got 1000x times exponentially better with each draft pick, including offensive draft picks. Losing Garcon and Jackson sucks but ad long as our defense isnt historically bad again and Cousins maintains his GOAT status as expected, we should easily win at least 12

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasTeam View Post
    To me the biggest unknown is philly. Wentz had something to seriously fix mechanically (drops his elbow a lot) and he wasn't exactly stellar last season. Plus his WR don't help him with having the damn drops. That's hard to fix. And the team will go as Wentz goes. But his upside is their if he puts in the work. It's not for lack of talent.
    The Eagles did a total makeover of their WR group. Alshon and Torrey Smith were huge gets. 2 speedsters in the draft that could push one or both of Agholor and Green-Beckham out the door and/or result in a trade of Jordan Matthews. Those drops won't happen next year.

The Skins added Perine at RB...that's another big get IMO. I actually wanted my Vikings to grab him over grabbing Cook, in large part because of what they gave up to take Cook vs where they could have gotten Perine...but for all the hype around Mixon, Perine may have the better NFL career.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    The Eagles did a total makeover of their WR group. Alshon and Torrey Smith were huge gets. 2 speedsters in the draft that could push one or both of Agholor and Green-Beckham out the door and/or result in a trade of Jordan Matthews. Those drops won't happen next year.

The Skins added Perine at RB...that's another big get IMO. I actually wanted my Vikings to grab him over grabbing Cook, in large part because of what they gave up to take Cook vs where they could have gotten Perine...but for all the hype around Mixon, Perine may have the better NFL career.

There is zero evidence in the real world that the words "Torrey Smith" and "huge get" deserve to be in the same sentence. Even if he was playing for free.

I'm scared to death of the Eagles love what they did in the draft

Giants added some online that's their main issues. They added a stud blocking ate from Minnesota to help with the running game. Perkins can play
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by NYYChase28 View Post
    ESPN gave us an A- draft grade. I wouldn't go that high. I would say a solid B.
    I really like the TE the Giants got in the 1st but the only problem I had with their draft is that they need help on the OL. When their pick came up there were still two stud OL on the board. OL is not a sexy pick and maybe they were gun shy because of the Flowers pick but in my opinion that's where they should have gone with that first pick. Other than that their draft was very solid.

Overall the entire NFC East had really good drafts. This division should once again be the toughest division in the NFL from top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasTeam View Post
    There is zero evidence in the real world that the words "Torrey Smith" and "huge get" deserve to be in the same sentence. Even if he was playing for free.
    Not if you purely look at stats and not realize his potential impact as a 3rd wideout....or you could just include the larger part of that sentence, Alshon's impact. The real point being that WR group went from weak to quite solid at minimum.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I think discrediting Smith as a huge get is severely underrating or completely misunderstanding why he was brought in. He is essentially playing for free too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast