Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

May Game Thread and Discussion

May Game Thread

Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

The Pirates continued reluctance to actually use the DL is simply baffling. Cervelli out of the lineup yet again today.

i cannot believe this run the pirates are on they have won every week end series and have lost every week day series. in all my years of following baseball ive never seen any thing like it .

I'm thinking we are in for a rough year. I'm sure everyone has heard Taillon was treated yesterday for suspected testicular cancer. Obviously first thoughts are to him to make a full recovery time table unimportant. Second thought is man what a rough year this has been for our Pirates.

Let's face it the Pirates simply aren't very good. The reasons why are numerous and are organizational wide. The team isn't doomed for non-competitiveness for years as they have plenty of young exciting guys but right now the team is just bad and it isn't fun to watch.

Frazier and Freese should be back soon but I thought I'd go for it and show some moves I'd like to see the Pirates make. I'm thinking something like

When Freese and Frazier return Ngoepe and Bostick go down to AAA. Frazier starts in LF and Freese at 3B. Also find a RH OF to pick up and have him replace Osuna on the roster. Also drop Polanco in the lineup.

On the pitching side drop Williams and Lindblom back to AA (also DFA Bastardo). Hutchison comes up and takes Williams spot in the rotation and Neverauskas replaced Lindlom in the pen. Nicasio replaces Hudson in the 8th inning role with Hudson going to the middle innings along with Neverauskas.

I'm thinking something like

Lineup: Frazier, Bell, McCutchen, Freese, Cervelli, Polanco, Harrison, Mercer
    Bench: Stewart, Jaso, Hanson, Moroff, RH OF
    Rotation: Cole, Nova, Kuhl, Glasnow, Hutchison
    Long Relief: LeBlanc, Barbato
    Middle Relief: Neverauskas, Hudson
    Set Up: Rivero, Nicasio
    Closer: Watson

the inevitable trade rumors are starting to swirl cole to the yankees and astros are swirling already. it is still confusing me that they play competitive ball on fri sat and sunday. they are 12-3 on weekends and 2 -20 mon-thurs. oh well its above my pay grade.

well it took 6 weeks but the pirates finaly win a weekday series

Frazier is really on a roll. He is fun to watch.

just for conversation is it just me or did cutch become mortal after cutting his hair.????