Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Which young NBA star would you choose to build a franchise around?

A recent article on Bleacher report lists these players as the top ten under the age of 25 in the NBA. Which of these players (or a player off this list) would you select to build your franchise around and why?
    Anthony Davis
    Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Kyrie Irving
    Karl-Anthony Towns
    Joel Embiid
    Kristaps Porzingis
    Nikola Jokic
    Bradley Beal
    Andre Drummond
    Andrew Wiggins

If we're including 6 year vets like Kyrie then give me 6 year vet Kawhi. Wiggins/Beal/Drummond all laughable. Embiid, prove yourself and stay on the court before you deserve consideration in anything (despite having the most talent). Kristaps is a wild card though he will be awesome, ditto Jokic. It's KAT or Giannis. I'll take Giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scoop HQ View Post
    A recent article on Bleacher report lists these players as the top ten under the age of 25 in the NBA. Which of these players (or a player off this list) would you select to build your franchise around and why?
    Anthony Davis
    Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Kyrie Irving
    Karl-Anthony Towns
    Joel Embiid
    Kristaps Porzingis
    Nikola Jokic
    Bradley Beal
    Andre Drummond
    Andrew Wiggins
    1. Giannis
    2. Anthony Davis
    3. KAT
    4. Jokic
    5. Porzingis
    6. Embiid

Kyrie, Beal, Drummond, Wiggins = trade them and start the rebuild over.

I'd have to take Giannis. AD is amazing but he's hurt to often.

The Truth Hurts.

Anthony Davis is the best player on this list IMO. With that said, availability is valuable, and Davis is often off the floor due to injuries. Giannis is the next man on the talent list, and he is getting better every year. The scary thing about Giannis is that we have not even seen him unleash his full potential. So if I were starting a franchise today, I would have to select the 'Greek Freak' as my centerpiece.

Giannis for me. I echo the health concerns for Davis. I love Giannis' two way dedication and his intensity and effort. Even when Davis is healthy you don't always see that from him. KAT is an incredible scorer and rebounder at his age but his defense is horrendous. As a Knicks fan I love KP of course, but honestly the jury is still out on whether or not he's a true franchise player. The talent and mentality is there but he hasn't proven he can play at that level for any notable length of consistency yet for that claim.

Give me Giannis, he's on his way to great things.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    1. Giannis
    2. Anthony Davis
    3. KAT
    4. Jokic
    5. Porzingis
    6. Embiid

Kyrie, Beal, Drummond, Wiggins = trade them and start the rebuild over.
    Swap Davis and KAT, but otherwise, yea, this, exactly. You just get me.
    POOP

Giannis
    KAT

everyone else....

Get Wiggins and Beal off that list, god. I am getting sick of fighting people in my own teams board over Wiggins, the dude is so one dimensional, and hasn't improved even slightly since entering the league, and is routinely on my **** list during games.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Which young NBA star would you choose to build a franchise around?

Greek freak

If we are basing this off fully healthy then it would be Anthony Davis then Embiid then KAT then GreekFreak

if we are going on right now today then it goes Anthony Davis then KAT then GreekFreak then Irving then Jokic then Porz the rest are a coin flip, I would usually take the big man over the guard to build a team from scratch, and the league pretty much has been that way ever since the 50's-60's

I found the artcile that this post was based off http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...power-rankings and the list is pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I found the artcile that this post was based off http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...power-rankings and the list is pretty terrible.
    Irving that high is hilarious

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

KAT.

Giannis may prove me wrong if he develops a jumper. I think he'll be like Westbrook, a guy with a shaky jumper his whole career.

KAT is the most well rounded, just needs more refinement and he'll be a two way beast. He's going to be a better shooter vs. Giannis with height to spare.

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo healthy, best at getting to the cup, can't shoot, DPOY potential
    2. Karl-Anthony Towns healthy, scores from anywhere, defensive anchor potential
    3. Anthony Davis health issues, otherwise the best player on this list
    4. Joel Embiid even more health issues, but even more potential
    5. Nikola Jokic healthy, non-athlete, crafty
    6. Kristaps Porzingis healthy, can score from anyhwere, decent defensive potential
    7. Kyrie Irving healthy, can score from anywhere, no defense
    8. Andrew Wiggins healthy, can't shoot, decent defensive potential
    9. Andre Drummond healthy, offensively limited, decent defensive potential, not an alpha
    10. Bradley Beal hasn't proven long-term health, can score from anywhere, solid No. 2 option if healthy

You have to go KAT here. If we are talking over all potential Emibiid wins this by a decent margin. He showed potential to be elite almost every where. I think Davis and Antetokounmpo has been the most productive. My issue with Davis outside of the obvious health concerns is he just doesn't win. Of course a lot of that has been our team health as well, but 5 years and only one playoff appearance is concerning. Kyrie just doesn't play defense and doesn't necessarily make his teammates better IMO. I think Jokic is an interesting choice. Not sure he's ready to be build around just yet.

"Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast