Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    From Peter Kings MMQB

Vikings prediction in 10 words or less: By Halloween, Cook will be a top-five NFL back.
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/5/...5-running-back

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Really excited about Cook. Every video I see of him working out or OTAs he looks so unbelievably fast. He may not have the fastest 40 but holy crap he has to have the fastest footwork of anyone

Cook is going to be a beast for us!

Vikes praising Dalvin Cook's pass protection
    Aug 4 - 9:25 AM

Vikings OC Pat Shurmur sang second-round rookie Dalvin Cook's praises for his ability in pass protection.

Being competent in pass protection at running back is the quickest way to a coach's heart and playing time in today's pass-happy NFL. Coming from a pro-style offense in college, Cook gets it. "He's got a great background in it," Shurmur said. "He has a really great foundation coming from Florida State, so he understands the big picture, he understands our terminology as to who weíre blocking and he really has a good feel for the game. I donít see any elements of running back play that he canít be very good at, and pass protection is one of them." Cook is on the fast path to true three-down duties in Minnesota. He's taking full control of the job with Latavius Murray still sidelined at camp.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

I saw him say that and I was a little surprised but its AWESOME to hear. Outside of the off-field stuff Cook's only downsides were pass protecting (which he wasn't asked to do often at Florida State) and ball security. It sounds like he is working his butt off to correct both issues. I can't wait to see him out there next week.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Read the same thing! I know we signed Murray for 4 years but he can be cut after two with no penalty if I'm correct. Outside of an injury there isn't going to be much ball for Murray and McKinnon this year. I said it right after the draft that I truly think he can have an Ezekial Elliott type of impact. Obviously the OL isn't the same but one thing most of our OL graded out well at is run blocking. It's the pass blocking that is still a concern.

The off the field stuff is a small concern because when you go into the depths of it, it sounds like he is a good guy just hung with the wrong crowds. If he can't separate himself from that though its something that could still be an issue. Ball security is a concern but for sure is something that can be helped with work. I just hope its not as bad as AP's. With AP I accepted it just because what he brought on the field but damn it was irritating lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Read the same thing! I know we signed Murray for 4 years but he can be cut after two with no penalty if I'm correct. Outside of an injury there isn't going to be much ball for Murray and McKinnon this year. I said it right after the draft that I truly think he can have an Ezekial Elliott type of impact. Obviously the OL isn't the same but one thing most of our OL graded out well at is run blocking. It's the pass blocking that is still a concern.

The off the field stuff is a small concern because when you go into the depths of it, it sounds like he is a good guy just hung with the wrong crowds. If he can't separate himself from that though its something that could still be an issue. Ball security is a concern but for sure is something that can be helped with work. I just hope its not as bad as AP's. With AP I accepted it just because what he brought on the field but damn it was irritating lol.
    but if you remember AP had it under control for a little while and then it just reverted.

Cook isn't the seek contact style of runner AP is, tho....so at least in theory there should be no reversion if he makes the necessary adjustments.

Chester Taylor still got 150 touches after we drafted AP, plus 29 receptions. However, those touches may be split between Murray and Jerrick depending on how McKinnon is used (as in how many times he lines up in the slot)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Cook isn't the seek contact style of runner AP is, tho....so at least in theory there should be no reversion if he makes the necessary adjustments.

Chester Taylor still got 150 touches after we drafted AP, plus 29 receptions. However, those touches may be split between Murray and Jerrick depending on how McKinnon is used (as in how many times he lines up in the slot)
    Ya true...I think McKinnon as a receiver could be a real asset.

Here's an interesting read on Dalvin Cook. I hope he reaches his potential because he can be a force in this league.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/20...l-dalvin-cook/

Good read! So pumped for the season to start.

Well Kareem Hunt was the #1 rated PFF RB in college last year and if you guys didn't watch the game he only rushed for 148 yards 1 TD and then caught another 98 yards with 2 TD's. Unbelievable debut.

Time to see what the #2 rated PFF back can do!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123