Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Man I really hope teams are using advanced tracking techniques like these to quantify attributes that previously were only scout's eye things.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Man I really hope teams are using advanced tracking techniques like these to quantify attributes that previously were only scout's eye things.

I forgot all about Sports Science. Might need to look up the entire video.

Vision, vision, vision...you can have all the tools in the world but without vision you become Trent Richardson.

I remember after we drafted Barr there were quite a few that didn't like that pick. I posted the Sports Science and it really showed his explosiveness which carried over the first few years.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I forgot all about Sports Science. Might need to look up the entire video.

Vision, vision, vision...you can have all the tools in the world but without vision you become Trent Richardson.

I remember after we drafted Barr there were quite a few that didn't like that pick. I posted the Sports Science and it really showed his explosiveness which carried over the first few years.
    Cook's vision really shows up on the tape. He's always finding space to get a few extra yards. He's also really good at setting up blocks. There is a touchdown he scored against Clemson where he does a quick stutter step, draws a LB into a hole, allows his blocker an extra second to get his guy turned and then he shows his excellent burst up the sideline. The more film I watch of Cook the more excited I get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlXp...youtu.be&t=451
    ^ this is the TD vs Clemson I'm talking about
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 05-03-2017 at 06:43 PM.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Cook's vision really shows up on the tape. He's always finding space to get a few extra yards. He's also really good at setting up blocks. There is a touchdown he scored against Clemson where he does a quick stutter step, draws a LB into a hole, allows his blocker an extra second to get his guy turned and then he shows his excellent burst up the sideline. The more film I watch of Cook the more excited I get.

Daaaaamn, I watched that game but don't remember the details of course. That was nice!

why is everyone down on the o line a corpse would be better off than clemmings. read something today that elflin could move berger to rg and claim the center position . hell the kid they claimed of the jags(i believe) was far better than clemmings . but the new o line will help the run game. and with time to pass bradford should look alot better.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    why is everyone down on the o line a corpse would be better off than clemmings. read something today that elflin could move berger to rg and claim the center position . hell the kid they claimed of the jags(i believe) was far better than clemmings . but the new o line will help the run game. and with time to pass bradford should look alot better.
    Our line should be around average but honestly that is a massive upgrade.

2016: Matt Asiata, TJ Clemmings, Brandon Fusco, and Jeremiah Sirles

2017: Dalvin Cook, Latavius Murray, Riley Reiff, Pat Elflein, and Mike Remmers

IMO if we had the 2017 group in 2016 we probably would have made the playoffs. I've been saying it's nothing sexy but it's good enough to win with.

IMO if we had the 2017 group in 2016 we probably would have made the playoffs. I've been saying it's nothing sexy but it's good enough to win with.

when i got home on the second day of the draft i paged to the 48th pick and saw the bugles had selected mixon i was pissed then i paged back to the bungles orig 41 st pick and saw they drafted cook in my mocks i had the lsu back ,the stanford back and cook and none of them lasted past the 16th selection . so getting him almost half a round later then getting elflin ,johnson and the virg tech te made the draft for me.

The league will rue the day they fell in love with athletic metrics and passed this guy over. Since the combine, his stock dropped like a rock because the latest scout trend is relying on these "metrics". I'm very skeptical of this measurement and have to ask who exactly gained those 1700 yards and was voted as the most elusive RB in the draft somehow? Doesn't add up. These scouts outsmart themselves sometimes and whiff on players as much as they hit as a result. One cannot argue with his ability to see the field and elude tacklers. I guess they threw all the game tapes out when evaluating players but that's to our benefit. We got a sure-fire 1st round talent without owning a 1st this year. Gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Jets Fan View Post
    The league will rue the day they fell in love with athletic metrics and passed this guy over. Since the combine, his stock dropped like a rock because the latest scout trend is relying on these "metrics". I'm very skeptical of this measurement and have to ask who exactly gained those 1700 yards and was voted as the most elusive RB in the draft somehow? Doesn't add up. These scouts outsmart themselves sometimes and whiff on players as much as they hit as a result. One cannot argue with his ability to see the field and elude tacklers. I guess they threw all the game tapes out when evaluating players but that's to our benefit. We got a sure-fire 1st round talent without owning a 1st this year. Gotta love it.
    Yep for some reason scouts tend to overly use metrics at certain positions. Metrics are absolutely an important piece of the puzzle but they are not the end all be all. Cook's tape shows a guy that will kill it in the NFL and scouts were just not wowed by his measurables. What also has to be factored in here is his off the field issues in the past. I think he does end up going late 1st round if not for those.

Yep for some reason scouts tend to overly use metrics at certain positions. Metrics are absolutely an important piece of the puzzle but they are not the end all be all. Cook's tape shows a guy that will kill it in the NFL and scouts were just not wowed by his measurables. What also has to be factored in here is his off the field issues in the past. I think he does end up going late 1st round if not for those.
    Hey if there is one thing the Vikings do, it's having a good RB. Some teams can get the QB or other positions but we for the most part in my recent memory always have a good RB.

Lets see, we have had AP, Chester, Michael Bennett, Robert Smith, Terry Allen, Herschel Walker (did not live up to the hype with us), Darrin Nelson, Chuck Foreman...I remember also a few years where we had like Barry Word and a few others that would see to do well.

Metrics shouldn't be the end all be all but don't overlook them. Pro Bowl caliber players usually end up having top of the line athletic traits. Cooks agility drills were not sharp, which is surprising given how quick he looks on tape.

I think this was an underrated offseason for Rick regarding the OTís. Instead of overpaying and pursuing the best pass-pro OTís, he went after the best run-blockers knowing that Bradford possesses a quick release combined with a revamped RB corps which should emphasize the run more than in past years. The dedication to the running game alone will provide open passing lanes and keep DL on their heels vice being in predictable pass-rushing downs. I love the approach.
    More than this, I think the Vikes may have selected three future starting interior linemen in Elflein, Isidora and Collins. I know that sounds a bit over-optimistic but really believe this. There are several guys that I think have a good chance at making the team and contributing.

I''m sorry, we'll emphasize the run more than in past years? More than in an offense featuring AP?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I''m sorry, we'll emphasize the run more than in past years? More than in an offense featuring AP?
    Could you nitpick a little more? Okay, they had to run because Teddy couldn't throw. There, I fixed it for ya.
    Oh, and they had a historically low running attack in 2016 or did you forget? That is before they finished with a flurry to average 3.2 ypg still finshing dead last.
    Besides, they had an OL collapse in 2015 and couldn't protect Teddy but I think it's reasonable to believe that Norv had more plans for his offense than hand it off to AP every down.
    Is it your job to dissect my posts are you sore from previous replies? I'm not singling out your posts with little irritants. But if you'd like me to, I'll oblige and you may not appreciate it. I can be a pain in the ***, don't you know? Food for thought.
    Last edited by Ex-Jets Fan; 05-20-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast