Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    "What we won't do is short cut," he told fans, "because once we get it there, it will be a freight train and it's not going to stop."
    this is exactly why i think he knew he was gone when he went all in. because he set up the mess that the team is facing now, didn't exactly fit with his MO. that's part of the reason we all loved it, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    jeez louise, some of you have short memories, dont you rememnber those 2 playoffs, those 2 great summers? its like they never happened to some of you because all any of you remember are the prospects lost

guess what playoffs arent free. look at what the Red Sox traded for Kimbrel and then for Porcello and lastly for Sale. my God Prospects are great but sooner or later if you dont win something what good are they? I guess 21 seasons of being a joke wasnt long enough for some of you
    I was just going to say that it was definitely worth it in my last post. But now we are in the fall out and suffering the consequences of an unsustainable model.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    this is exactly why i think he knew he was gone when he went all in. because he set up the mess that the team is facing now, didn't exactly fit with his MO. that's part of the reason we all loved it, btw.
    but the timeline doesnt fit the theory Shapiro wasnt hired until a month after the trade deadline, so how could he know he was gone?

Shapiro was hired 8/31/15

https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluej...president.html

the trigger for AA leaving was Shapiro scolding him for trading all the prospects after the fact, so how Would AA know Shapiro would scold him when AA made the trades a month before Shapiro was hired....

AA was all in because thats the way he's wired not because he knew he was leaving. some people are just dynamic and believe in themselves. thats why he had no problem leaving when he felt he was disrespected. he didnt care about the big 5 year contract he rejected, He felt hos own self respect was more important.

I did exactly the same thing when I was 22. i was a junior exec, making 65,000 a year 2 years out of Hofstra, I found out that the company I was with lied to me, and in a fit of pique I quit. my dad was so pissed at me saying I was a fool since my dad had never made that kind of money, but I just knew if I let them take advantage of me, even once, they'd never respect me....it was important to me as a disabled person to stand up for myself. 6 months later the IRS hired me.

So I get where AA was coming from...if you dont believe in yourself who will?
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 04-29-2017 at 04:52 PM.

but the timeline doesnt fit the theory Shapiro wasnt hired until a month after the trade deadline, so how could he know he was gone?

for starters, the results of his tenure heading into 2015 had yielded absolutely zero results. and he was going into the final year of his deal was he not? that doesn't seem like a situation that would give most people a lot of confidence to me. i mean sure, not all executives get extended in advance but surely some do, no? plus, his relationship with Beeston was supposedly a big deal to him and the jays had behaved in a way that was considered deeply disrespectful that off-season hadn't they?

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    for starters, the results of his tenure heading into 2015 had yielded absolutely zero results. and he was going into the final year of his deal was he not? that doesn't seem like a situation that would give most people a lot of confidence to me. i mean sure, not all executives get extended in advance but surely some do, no? plus, his relationship with Beeston was supposedly a big deal to him and the jays had behaved in a way that was considered deeply disrespectful that off-season hadn't they?
    thats true, but it doesnt change your professional demeanor, the big reason is, because you know that your own pride demands that you give it your all. even if you think youre gonna be let go, you still have to answer to youself. you have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror. like I told my Dad when he got pissed at me for quitting, there's other jobs....but i have to live with myself and I cant do that if I let them do this. I fought too long and too hard to get where I am and if I dont stand up for myself who will?

no one is saying what AA did was bad.. But he did clear out the farm. That is all I'm saying

Shapiro/Atkins came with the vision of rebuilding the farm system and that is what they will be given a chance to do by ownership. Only makes sense

the trigger for AA leaving was Shapiro scolding him for trading all the prospects after the fact, so how Would AA know Shapiro would scold him when AA made the trades a month before Shapiro was hired....

AA was all in because thats the way he's wired not because he knew he was leaving. some people are just dynamic and believe in themselves. thats why he had no problem leaving when he felt he was disrespected. he didnt care about the big 5 year contract he rejected, He felt hos own self respect was more important.

I did exactly the same thing when I was 22. i was a junior exec, making 65,000 a year 2 years out of Hofstra, I found out that the company I was with lied to me, and in a fit of pique I quit. my dad was so pissed at me saying I was a fool since my dad had never made that kind of money, but I just knew if I let them take advantage of me, even once, they'd never respect me....it was important to me as a disabled person to stand up for myself. 6 months later the IRS hired me.

So I get where AA was coming from...if you dont believe in yourself who will?
    Beeston was done. It was no secret the Jays were looking for a new president and with AA regime having produced nothing close to a playoff appearance in 5 years, he probable knew the chances of him staying were not that great

I would have done the same thing if I were him. He built the farm system, why leave it to the next person to come in instead of having one last go urself

as for the trades fitting AA's model. That is not true. Tulo was the only guy they got that was under team control for a while

some people might do that, but they'd be committing professional suicide, there's always someone watching. that kind of pettiness gets you blackballed in a hurry. youre better off doing what you believe in, saying the right things and getting the hell out. the corporate culture is such that everybody is replaceable, and the only way to make a name for yourself is to let your performance do the talking. after a while they recognize who is capable and who is not, but acting capriciously or out of pettiness never works. it just doesnt.

some people might do that, but they'd be committing professional suicide, there's always someone watching. that kind of pettiness gets you blackballed in a hurry. youre better off doing what you believe in, saying the right things and getting the hell out. the corporate culture is such that everybody is replaceable, and the only way to make a name for yourself is to let your performance do the talking. after a while they recognize who is capable and who is not, but acting capriciously or out of pettiness never works. it just doesnt.
    its not out of pettiness. The guy legit wanted to save his job and took his best shot to do so

AA convinced ownership to spend what 50m dollars to grow the value of the team and media worth by about a billion dollars?

thats true, but it doesnt change your professional demeanor, the big reason is, because you know that your own pride demands that you give it your all. even if you think youre gonna be let go, you still have to answer to youself. you have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror. like I told my Dad when he got pissed at me for quitting, there's other jobs....but i have to live with myself and I cant do that if I let them do this. I fought too long and too hard to get where I am and if I dont stand up for myself who will?
    what was it that people always said about Anthopolous, that if you heard about something it wasn't true.... so why are people so sure they actually knew who he was. seems strange.

Im going to the game tmr they better not suck

well those season tickets i let go last year to make a point sure look like a saving this year at least, the fact that i picked up raps tickets instead is all pride.

At least that is a well run organization.

In for a treat tmr hopefully, its Stroman jersey giveaway day and a pitchers duel with Sanchez vs Archer. Aka were guaranteed to not score more than 2 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by tazsub3 View Post
    well those season tickets i let go last year to make a point sure look like a saving this year at least, the fact that i picked up raps tickets instead is all pride.

At least that is a well run organization.
    I feel you. My tickets tomorrow are free. I went to almost 15 games last year but this year they're unwatchable almost thus far.

Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast