Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 75 of 79 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1174
    Betts made one of the best catches I've seen all year to rob Urena.

as cruel as it seems, I think you have to shut Osuna down for the remainder of the season so he doesn't completely shatter his confidence. His stock has fallen HUGE since the AS break, which is unfortunate...it would of have been nice to see if you could flip him for a couple top 5 specs. His arm is not going to last...and now, unfortunately, it looks like his head is the bigger issue...which is more pressing to address for his sake.

Thats relievers for you.. they are the most volatile commodity in the game. Which is why I was all for trying to see if there is serious interest in Osuna. Unfortunately the time has passed for that until maybe next year if he shows he can actually go a week without blowing a save

I wouldnt shut down Osuna but scale him back though today they definitely needed him.. guy is only 22 and overall has been solid. He has long-term potential, but I think he's getting very tired now. He's had the most appearances by a closer so far in the AL... at 22 that's going to take alot out of you.

Maybe 1-2 times a week going forward... with a guy with TJ history you need to be careful not to over do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    I wouldnt shut down Osuna but scale him back though today they definitely needed him.. guy is only 22 and overall has been solid. He has long-term potential, but I think he's getting very tired now. He's had the most appearances by a closer so far in the AL... at 22 that's going to take alot out of you.

Maybe 1-2 times a week going forward... with a guy with TJ history you need to be careful not to over do it.
    I agree. Decrease the workload and hell, maybe even bump him back to the 7th inning or something. Let him regain his confidence and finish the season strong.

at this point, all i want from this season is for the offense to continue to struggle so maybe the FO would seriously consider getting rid of Jacoby.. Today is a nice example

Man, Im excited about this Urena kid. Hes better than Goins defensively based on the eye test

Sucks to see Osuna struggling. Hopefully he can bounce back next season.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

BlueJays Running Series Thread

Yeah Osuna needs break. He's still has plenty of talent to be an elite closer he's just having his struggles along with piss poor defense behind him. He's still really young

I just think Osuna is overworked.. He'll be fine next season .

Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    Man, Im excited about this Urena kid. Hes better than Goins defensively based on the eye test
    Urena is well know for his D, it's a matter of whether his bat will play in the Majors.

He'll be in Triple A next year to start anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Urena is well know for his D, it's a matter of whether his bat will play in the Majors.

He'll be in Triple A next year to start anyways
    I know but I didn't expect it to be this good. There were reports that he's had mental lapses especially on routine plays which contributed to high error totals in low minors. He has cut that down so that is a good sign.

His profile reminds me of Alcides Escobar.

I'd like to see Urena play out the season on 2nd and if he ends the season decently, push Travis in ST for the spot. I'm sick of Travis' injuries.

I was thinking, though, can Travis play 3rd base if we trade Donaldson... and Travis, god forbid, doesn't get hurt for the first time in his life.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I'd like to see Urena play out the season on 2nd and if he ends the season decently, push Travis in ST for the spot. I'm sick of Travis' injuries.

I was thinking, though, can Travis play 3rd base if we trade Donaldson... and Travis, god forbid, doesn't get hurt for the first time in his life.
    Prior to this season I saw Travis as a bonus if he could stay healthy but now he's taking up a roster spot. It really sucks because he's an excellent and I mean ****ing excellent hitter. He just can't stay healthy if his life depended on it. I haven't seen a player as injury prone as him in a very long time. He's essentially the Brandon Morrow of position players.

I'm all for riding out Urena this year and getting him as much experience as possible. Hopefully he can compete for a roster spot next year but if a good 2B is available this off-season then I hope we go hard at him.

Urena couldn't hit as pitching this year. I would have him start in AA again

Page 75 of 79 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast