Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1174
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    im so bothered that they keep referring to Goins as a clutch hitter. ****ing annoying
    Why?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

another BS for Osuna.. tough to imagine him being one of the main reasons why we're not gonna make the playoffs considering how good he was for that 2 month stretch

Jays should be running from this anxiety thing like it's the plague man I tell ya

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

It's the nature of the job. Osuna will be fine. Look at Chapman 2 runs allowed or more In 4 straight appearances. The pressure Is bound to get you from time to time.... Its just more noticeable with closers

Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    another BS for Osuna.. tough to imagine him being one of the main reasons why we're not gonna make the playoffs considering how good he was for that 2 month stretch
    Osuna didn't look very good but how can you blame a guy who K'd two guys that got on base?

Osuna got 3 outs. They may not have been the easiest to block, but still.

Off topic but I'd like to shake Dustin McGowan mother ****ing hand. Finally succeeding more than a decade after a volume of heartbreaks and setbacks that would make just about anyone quit. Sure would have been a great story if we could have acquired him for our pen.

Osuna still gave up 3 hits.. and you can't expect ur catcher to block every wild pitch. If you're gonna try to get guys out with pitches in the dirt, this is a risk you run

There is no way to put a positive spin on this. I don't care how good his peripherals are, 8 BS are 8 BS and 6 of those turned to losses. That isn't acceptable from a guy you're counting on to be one of ur most dependable players

Even with those 8 blown saves turned around we'd still be at .500 and barely a wild card in one of the weakest wild cards ever. Face it bomber this team isn't and hasn't ever been good enough. From Morales to Pearce, the additions of last winter have underwhelmed at best. Let's not forget Smoaks career year here, a guy no one, including me, expected to do anywhere close to what he's done. Blaming Osuna for not being perfect is ridiculous.

Blame Morales for being thoroughly mediocre, blame Pearce who aside from one week with 2 grand slams and 11 RBI was invisible, blame Shapiro for a bullpen that had one dependable arm (Osuna) and a bunch of question marks all season, Smith was okay but was hurt on and off, and Howell was a tire fire at best. Face it the heart of the lineup, Bautista, Donaldson, Tulo, Morales, Pearce and Smoak was 2 Studs and 4 guys named Moe.

Our starting pitching staff of Sanchez, Stroman, Happ, Liriano Estrada, and Latos \ Biagini is a combined 31-39 more than 2\3rds of the way through the season...

Sooner or later you just have to admit that the construction of this team was flawed from the start. With all the age on this team both in place and added, injuries were a given and no one but Smoak stepped up. That's the story of the season not Osuna's blown Saves.
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 08-22-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Osuna still gave up 3 hits.. and you can't expect ur catcher to block every wild pitch. If you're gonna try to get guys out with pitches in the dirt, this is a risk you run

There is no way to put a positive spin on this. I don't care how good his peripherals are, 8 BS are 8 BS and 6 of those turned to losses. That isn't acceptable from a guy you're counting on to be one of ur most dependable players
    He actually gave up two hits and every professional catcher should be able to block off speed pitches in the dirt. There's a difference between uncorking wild pitches and purposely burying pitches in the dirt. IIRC two of them were K's and one was a legit wild pitch. As a pitcher, if your catcher proves not once but twice that he can't block off-speed stuff in the dirt then that shatters a pitchers confidence. There isn't a pitcher in the game that doesn't want to bury one in the dirt when they're up 0-2 or 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    He actually gave up two hits and every professional catcher should be able to block off speed pitches in the dirt. There's a difference between uncorking wild pitches and purposely burying pitches in the dirt. IIRC two of them were K's and one was a legit wild pitch. As a pitcher, if your catcher proves not once but twice that he can't block off-speed stuff in the dirt then that shatters a pitchers confidence. There isn't a pitcher in the game that doesn't want to bury one in the dirt when they're up 0-2 or 1-2.
    Absolutely. Let's not forget the catcher here, this wasn't Russell Martin a veteran with thousands of games behind the dish. This was a guy with all of 87 innings behind the dish in his career. There's a reason he's 29 and only 87 innings in his career at this point. And talking about catching, was anyone else aware that our catchers cumulatively have gone 80 for 437, An Average Of .183 on the season with 37 total RBI? Thats beyond attrocious. Gary Sanchez, who missed 5 weeks, has almost double that and our 6 catchers combined have been abysmal.

Martin
    Montero
    Maile
    Ohlman
    Lopez
    Saltalamachia

Hall of Famers They Aint.
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 08-22-2017 at 01:18 PM.

I hope the jays get rid of Morales.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    I hope the jays get rid of Morales.
    With 2 more years on his deal it will be problematic to be sure. The deal was poorly thought out from the beginning with all the aging veterans who have injury histories on the team to begin with. Why tie up the DH slot? It was asking for trouble. One thing about baseball, if you have a weakness that you fail to shore up and hope to hide, the game will find it.

If you find my post from when he was acquired, that was my one major issue, tying up the DH, with a team that has Tulo, Martin, Bautista,Travis and Donaldson, all with a tendency to get nicked up, having that DH spot to half - rest guys when they need it is invaluable.

That's the real reason you see Josh playing Short and Martin at 3rd and Bautista wherever, it's because we need Morales bat in the lineup along with the others and there's no other way to do it, so we end up hurting our defense for offense and getting our stars injured because they don't rest when they need a breather. It becomes a vicious circle.
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 08-22-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    Even with those 8 blown saves turned around we'd still be at .500 and barely a wild card in one of the weakest wild cards ever. Face it bomber this team isn't and hasn't ever been good enough. From Morales to Pearce, the additions of last winter have underwhelmed at best. Let's not forget Smoaks career year here, a guy no one, including me, expected to do anywhere close to what he's done. Blaming Osuna for not being perfect is ridiculous.

Blame Morales for being thoroughly mediocre, blame Pearce who aside from one week with 2 grand slams and 11 RBI was invisible, blame Shapiro for a bullpen that had one dependable arm (Osuna) and a bunch of question marks all season, Smith was okay but was hurt on and off, and Howell was a tire fire at best. Face it the heart of the lineup, Bautista, Donaldson, Tulo, Morales, Pearce and Smoak was 2 Studs and 4 guys named Moe.

Our starting pitching staff of Sanchez, Stroman, Happ, Liriano Estrada, and Latos \ Biagini is a combined 31-39 more than 2\3rds of the way through the season...

Sooner or later you just have to admit that the construction of this team was flawed from the start. With all the age on this team both in place and added, injuries were a given and no one but Smoak stepped up. That's the story of the season not Osuna's blown Saves.
    No one i saying this is a good team or that they deserve good things to happen to them but at the end of the day, If Osuna is any better which he should be, we are either in a wild card spot or very close to 1

No one i saying this is a good team or that they deserve good things to happen to them but at the end of the day, If Osuna is any better which he should be, we are either in a wild card spot or very close to 1
    Exactly. Plus the BP has been decent besides him. We got something for Smith and Tepera, Barnes, and Leone have all had pretty good years

Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast