Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1174

BlueJays Running Series Thread

Wow a triple play with Pillar running to 1st. It's just that type of year for the Jays.

I'd say the young guys have been impressive. Hernandez hasn't hit much but in such a SSS you can see he has some talent, Ramirez has well been perfect and Urena has been great on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3:31841251

Prior to this season I saw Travis as a bonus if he could stay healthy but now he's taking up a roster spot. It really sucks because he's an excellent and I mean ****ing excellent hitter. He just can't stay healthy if his life depended on it. I haven't seen a player as injury prone as him in a very long time. He's essentially the Brandon Morrow of position players.

I'm all for riding out Urena this year and getting him as much experience as possible. Hopefully he can compete for a roster spot next year but if a good 2B is available this off-season then I hope we go hard at him.
    I hear ya, it's so frustrating with Travis.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I don't know about you guys, but I'll be watching Jose Bautista closely as his career with Blue Jays winds down.
    Last edited by aman_13; 09-10-2017 at 12:27 AM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I'll be watching Jose Bautista closely as his career with Blue Jays wind down.
    Oh ya, me too

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

You get the sense he's become somewhat humbled this year. Too bad he can't hit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    You get the sense he's become somewhat humbled this year. Too bad he can't hit anymore.
    Agreed. I'm not surprised by his hitting gone down the toilet, but rather his inability to take a walk now. Never would I have thought Jose would have a low .300 OBP before he retired.

The Lost Boys of PSD

LOL Adam Jones drops the routine flyout to Edwin to keep the inning going.

Anyone else watching the Tribe go for 18?

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Well what is he going to say? LOL. He knows he's finished, age has caught up to him. He'll probably get a $4 mil deal with some team like San Diego or Oakland next year.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    LOL Adam Jones drops the routine flyout to Edwin to keep the inning going.

Anyone else watching the Tribe go for 18?
    Doubt Edwin is regretting not being in Toronto now... tho losing out on $20 mil guaranteed more is a little tough but he may make it back if he's still good in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Agreed. I'm not surprised by his hitting gone down the toilet, but rather his inability to take a walk now. Never would I have thought Jose would have a low .300 OBP before he retired.
    He can't lay off the high fastballs if his life depended on it now. He's getting fooled by off-speed pitches falling out of the zone now too. His patience has completely diminished.

Nice to see the young guys get one of the games best in Britton.

That ball Urena hit was a laser. The Jays really deserved to win that game, Biagini pitched great and I forget what inning it was but I'm pretty sure every out was a deep fly ball. First game I've watched in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    That ball Urena hit was a laser. The Jays really deserved to win that game, Biagini pitched great and I forget what inning it was but I'm pretty sure every out was a deep fly ball. First game I've watched in a while.
    Without the benefit of a HR

I recall all the times Bautista, Martin and others trying to be heroes swinging for the fences when all they need to do was just get on base! A classic case where speed and hustle helped the jays win !
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 09-13-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Biagani had a solid outing. He should have a chance to be starter from the start of the year and see what happens. Right now the BP is looking good for mid type relievers like Biagani so the opportunity should be there.

Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast