Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Injury thread

Injury thread

Might as well create one since it's one of those years.

Feel free to post any injury nuggets in here. Major injuries, like Bum's, may get its own thread.

Parker has also been transferred to the 60-Day DL.

MORSE....yes! Span....good riddance!

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Denard Span expected to be out more than 10 days. Signing looks worse and worse as each day passes. That along with Shart.

This is why I cringe at free agents that are not ours. Oh well, not my money. As long as we keep our core important guys and keep competing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Denard Span expected to be out more than 10 days. Signing looks worse and worse as each day passes. That along with Shart.

This is why I cringe at free agents that are not ours. Oh well, not my money. As long as we keep our core important guys and keep competing.
    Shark was always a bad signing and as for Span, well, at least he stayed healthy for pretty much the whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    Shark was always a bad signing and as for Span, well, at least he stayed healthy for pretty much the whole season.
    True, and he turned up in the postseason which is really all you can ask for.

Shart, not so much. The other idea I was thinking to myself, boy does this dude suck under pressure. Went to check out his postseason numbers and they are awful. Dude can be decent but when there is pressure he chokes, which makes him useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    True, and he turned up in the postseason which is really all you can ask for.

Shart, not so much. The other idea I was thinking to myself, boy does this dude suck under pressure. Went to check out his postseason numbers and they are awful. Dude can be decent but when there is pressure he chokes, which makes him useless.
    What's your thought on Slater in CF? Is he close to being ready and could he handle the position?

Everyone is injured.

/thread

Pence to the DL with a hamstring strain. Williamson has been called up.

Span has inflamed and bruised left hand. Can't grip a bat. Just caused by being jammed. No X-Rays yet. Awaiting doc. #sfgiants
    - Schulman

Probably off a couple days.

Pence did some sprinting. Bochy said he's about a week away.

Wasn't the initial word on Pence something to the tune of "no big deal, he'll be back when his ten day stint is up"?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Wasn't the initial word on Pence something to the tune of "no big deal, he'll be back when his ten day stint is up"?
    Yup. And this was the first time he's done any type of running.

Not surprised at all, just disappointed. I'm sure they have a good reason to downplay most injuries but it can be frustrating as a fan.

The Giants are a really frustrating organization when it comes to injuries. Half the time it seems like they're holding their breath, hoping they don't have to DL guys. I can see down playing injuries, but their overall unwillingness to put injured guys on the DL is infuriating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast