Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 564
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,068

    Official Offseason Thread

    Discuss all things offseason here.


    Haters gonna hate

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,716
    If TOR can win their series we'll pick #16 and if they lose we'll pick #17 in the entry draft

    Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,152
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    If TOR can win their series we'll pick #16 and if they lose we'll pick #17 in the entry draft
    Not a huge difference. Was going to ask where the Bruins likely pick, if they even have a 1st rounder. I guess it just comes with being a fan (or pinkhat lol), but after you get over the emotions of getting bounced or missing the playoffs, the offseason is such a fun time.

    Time to start doing the draft research now.

    "Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,716
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Not a huge difference. Was going to ask where the Bruins likely pick, if they even have a 1st rounder. I guess it just comes with being a fan (or pinkhat lol), but after you get over the emotions of getting bounced or missing the playoffs, the offseason is such a fun time.

    Time to start doing the draft research now.
    Yes and no lol. That one spot could be a team whose targeting the same guy you are lol. Some of the names that I like in that range...

    Juuso Välimäki - LHD
    Callan Foote - RHD
    Elias Pettersson - C/LW
    Lias Andersson - C
    Kristian Vesalainen - LW/RW
    Nikita A. Popugayev - LW/RW
    Kole Lind - RW

    Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,350
    If there's any silver lining it's the emergence of McAvoy. Important off season this year. Next season Tampa will have stamkos back and Florida will have 2/3 of their top line back in barkov and huberdaeu. This division will tougher next year, but hopefully the B's will be better.

    As far as the draft, there isn't much to begin with but there's a big drop off in talent around the 12th pick or so then it appears to be mostly second round talent. Maybe some players emerge, I don't know but from everything I've read it's not looking too good.

    Unless the scouts fall in love with a potential draftee, I would seriously consider using the first rounder in a trade to bring in a top 4 defender.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,152
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Yes and no lol. That one spot could be a team whose targeting the same guy you are lol. Some of the names that I like in that range...

    Juuso Välimäki - LHD
    Callan Foote - RHD
    Elias Pettersson - C/LW
    Lias Andersson - C
    Kristian Vesalainen - LW/RW
    Nikita A. Popugayev - LW/RW
    Kole Lind - RW
    Well, true dat haha....

    My early choice that I've really liked is Elias Pettersson and Lias Andersson. However, not sure they're going to be there at #16/17 with this being a shaky draft. Valimaki, if they go defense, is intriguing as well. Guy was a PPG player in the WHL....As a defenseman lol

    But like I said, more research to be done. I haven't looked into the draft class that much this season b/c of the fact it wasn't going to be very strong. But I always find my favorites.

    "Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,068
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Yes and no lol. That one spot could be a team whose targeting the same guy you are lol. Some of the names that I like in that range...

    Juuso Välimäki - LHD
    Callan Foote - RHD
    Elias Pettersson - C/LW
    Lias Andersson - C
    Kristian Vesalainen - LW/RW
    Nikita A. Popugayev - LW/RW
    Kole Lind - RW
    So far Nick Suzuki and Callan Foote are the guys I'd really like at that spot. To be fair, I've done a lot of research on these two specifically, but haven't done much on others.


    Haters gonna hate

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,716
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Well, true dat haha....

    My early choice that I've really liked is Elias Pettersson and Lias Andersson. However, not sure they're going to be there at #16/17 with this being a shaky draft. Valimaki, if they go defense, is intriguing as well. Guy was a PPG player in the WHL....As a defenseman lol

    But like I said, more research to be done. I haven't looked into the draft class that much this season b/c of the fact it wasn't going to be very strong. But I always find my favorites.
    I think the problem with this draft is there aren't many lock great prospects. There are a ton of guys with the potential/ability, but they don't show those elite games. I feel like this draft has a lot of 2nd/3rd liners and 2nd/3rd pairing players.

    Towards the end of the 1st (as things look right now) there is some good sized wingers that could be intriguing prospects.

    First and foremost though....

    Sign Pasta
    Offer VGK a pick to take Beleskey
    Find trading partner for Spooner/Hayes
    Shred dead cap money
    Find some bottom 6th depth

    The big thing is where the B's youngster are in development. Chelarik looked good for a few games, Henien was a guy many thought would in the NHL this past season. They have talent, but need to play with experienced guys. Right now we have a hole at #2LW (I think Bjork does 4 years then signs with us) so who is going to player there, Chelarik?

    This will be an interesting off-season. I feel like we could stay the course and keep building from within or with all the assets we have go out and get an impact player i.e. Landeskog/Fowler

    Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    So far Nick Suzuki and Callan Foote are the guys I'd really like at that spot. To be fair, I've done a lot of research on these two specifically, but haven't done much on others.
    I've seen Suzuki anywhere from just outside top 5 to top 15, so IDK if he'll be there. Foote is an interest prospects as well, but I feel like we have a bigger need for a good sized winger.

    Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,152
    Nick Suzuki seems like a draft climber that will end up going top 10. That kid tore up the OHL this season.

    "Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,716
    One thing to keep in mind is this UFA class also isn't very strong. There are depth guys by the tons, but not a lot of top 6 talent. I'd love to make another run at Landeskog this off-season. Maybe Sakic has a little more realistic asking price.

    Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,106
    Got a question for you all. With all the prospects we have in the minors do you think we have a bergeron and krejci replacement? Not for next year but lets give them 3 more years before they just hit a wall do we have anybody in the current prospects that we can predict to take over for them?
    Unleash the Pasta!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,106
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is this UFA class also isn't very strong. There are depth guys by the tons, but not a lot of top 6 talent. I'd love to make another run at Landeskog this off-season. Maybe Sakic has a little more realistic asking price.
    Why? Montreal would pay a higher price, minni, CBJ.
    Unleash the Pasta!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    628
    the players I like in this years draft are Callan Foote, Jason Robertson , Matthew Strome and Nicolas Hague

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,716
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Why? Montreal would pay a higher price, minni, CBJ.
    If MTL was willing to pay a higher price they would have at the TDL to get Duchene. Every GM balked at Sakic's asking price, not to mention MTL wants Duchene and BOS wants Landeskog. It all comes down to what players COL likes more. I think Boston can offer one of the deeper packages since they have a deep prospect pool

    Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •