Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 592
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    19,516
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    IDK, sounds like the democrats have been working with some Russians, lol.
    Well the article you posted (which was quite good) says that This Russian ladies "connection" to Fusion is she hired them.

    Which so did several of Trump's GOP rivals and then Clinton and the DNC.

    Doesn't seem like Fusion's hands are too dirty with Russian connections (though their hands are dirty of publishing a thus far uncorroborated and likely fake Dossier on Trump).

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    75,406
    My son is not a crook is the best Trump can do now.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    68,537
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Damn if you lost Charles, you've lost the fight.

    For the record, Charles is a good guy. I had no idea he's in a wheelchair in all my years watching him on Fox News.
    Maybe my descriptor of him was harsh. He's definitely tremendous at what he does...he just has supported A LOT of really bad policy. But he's a smart guy who has a more nuanced approach to things than most of his peers.


    As for Don Jr.'s upcoming legal battle...

    Anyone mentioning treason is flat out wrong. When Tim Kaine says that he's just being a sensationalist boob. This was not treason, at least not by the legal definition. We are not at war with Russia and thus it's not treason. Period.

    Didn't he violate campaign finance laws? Perhaps. I don't know. I've seen people argue yes and no.

    But yeah. Another case of really bad optics, shady activity and a continual trend of dishonesty and lying in regards to all of it. It's almost unbelievable how often the White House, and especially a guy like Pence, have just lied and lied and lied about this and changed the story over and over again. It's disturbing.

    But this still isn't the smoking gun. This still isn't Watergate. Maybe we're getting there collectively, but we're not there yet. And as always, Democrats need to keep focus on what really matters though. This will sort itself out in due time. We have a well-respected special prosecutor with subpoena power and we'll get a report. We'll get answers. But when people who are struggling wake up in the morning they don't care about Russia and what Putin's doing. This all is crowding out all of that from the national consciousness. People are still suffering and those people are still not hearing anything, or at least enough, from the Democratic party.
    this my sig

  4. #229
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    17,028
    Donald Trump Jr should not have taken the meeting. but I understand why he did. Hillary's side was having/seeking dirt on Trump, so DJT wanted to get dirt on Hillary. he was influenced by that.

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...fferently.html

    Donald Trump Jr. tells Sean Hannity: 'In retrospect I probably would have done things a little differently'
    Donald Trump Jr. acknowledged in an exclusive interview with Fox News' "Hannity" Tuesday night that he "probably would have done things a little differently" when he met with a Russian attorney during his fatherís presidential campaign in June 2016.

    "This [was] pre-Russia fever. This [was] pre-Russia mania," Trump Jr. told Fox News' Sean Hannity. "I donít think my sirens went [off] or my antenna went up at this time because it wasnít the issue that itís been made out to be over the last nine months, ten months."

    However, the presidentís eldest son also described the meeting as "a nothing," adding, "I wouldnít have even remembered it until you started scouring through this stuff. It was literally just a wasted 20 minutes, which was a shame."

    The interview constituted the first public statement by Donald Trump Jr. since he posted what he called "the entire email chain" of his conversations with music publicist Rob Goldstone setting up the June 2016 meeting with Natalia Veselnitskaya on Twitter.

    In one of the messages, Goldstone told Trump Jr. that Russian officials were offering "some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary [Clinton]" as part of "Russia and its governmentís support for Mr. Trump."

    Trump Jr.ís response email read, in part, "if itís what you say I love it."

    "I had been reading about scandals that people were probably underreporting for a long time, so maybe it was something that had to do with one of those things," Trump Jr. told Hannity when asked about his reaction to Goldstoneís email. "I didnít know if there was any credibility, I didnít know if there was anything behind it, I canít vouch for the information. Someone sent me an email. I canít help what someone sends me. I read it, I responded accordingly."

    Trump Jr. posted the messages in the wake of a series of New York Times reports that revealed more details of the meeting with Veselnitskaya, which was also attended by Paul Manafort, Trumpís then-campaign manager, and Jared Kushner, Trumpís son-in-law and senior adviser.

    "For me this was opposition research," Trump Jr. said. "They had something, you know, maybe concrete evidence to all the stories Iíd been hearing about Ö so I think I wanted to hear it out. But really it went nowhere and it was apparent that wasnít what the meeting was about."

    Trump Jr. said that Goldstone apologized to him for wasting his time after the meeting, which lasted approximately 20 minutes.

    "I think what happened [is] he sort of goosed up, he built up, there was some puffery to the email, perhaps to get the meeting, to make it happen," Trump Jr. said. "In the end, there was probably some bait-and-switch about what it was really supposed to be about."

    The Times claimed that Trump Jr. tweeted images of the emails after "he was told NYT was about to publish the contents of the emails."

    Veselnitskaya, who Trump Jr. denied knowing prior to the meeting, told NBC News Tuesday morning that she did not have "any damaging or sensitive information about Hillary Clinton," adding, "It was never my intention to have that."

    When Trump Jr. was asked for his reaction to Veselnitskaya's interview, he said he was "a little taken aback by her talking about me pressing for the information, but as you can see from the emails, the pretext of the meeting was, 'Hey, we have information.'"

    The emails between Trump Jr. and Goldstone contain no evidence that the presidentís son was informed of the larger alleged Russian effort to meddle in the U.S. presidential election.

    On Tuesday afternoon, President Trump issued a statement supporting his sonís decision to make the email chain public, calling Trump Jr. "a high-quality person" and adding "I applaud his transparency." The presidentís outside legal counsel has repeatedly denied that the elder Trump knew about or attended the meeting.

    In his interview Tuesday evening, Trump Jr. also denied telling his father about the Veselnitskaya meeting, saying, "There was nothing to tell."

    "I think in the grand scheme of the hysteria thatís been talked about over the last eight, nine, ten months with Russia, things are probably different than they were 13 months ago," Trump Jr. concluded. "In retrospect, I know more now, but hindsightís always 20-20."

    a meeting with someone not connected to Russian government. (admitted to by both)
    a meeting where no information was shared, because this person had no information. if information had been provided in this meeting that had come from Putin/Russian government then it could be damaging.

    at best this could be seen as "extremely careless" of Jr to take this meeting, and we already have precedent with Hillary Clinton and "extremely careless" that lead to nothing.







    http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...-jr-scandal-in

    Key GOP senator: Why was Russian lawyer tied to Trump Jr. scandal in US?
    Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is asking top Trump administration officials to explain why a Russian lawyer who met with Donald Trump Jr. last year was allowed in the country.

    Grassley, who chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee, sent a letter to Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson asking why Natalia Veselnitskaya was allowed to stay in the country when, according to court documents, she had to leave in early 2016.

    "It is unclear how she was still in the country for that meeting despite being denied a visa beforehand and her parole purportedly expiring on January 7, 2016. This raises serious questions about whether the Obama administration authorized her to remain in the country, and if so, why?" Grassley wrote.

    Veselnitskaya met with Trump's eldest son, son-in-law Jared Kushner, and then-campaign manager Paul Manafort in June 2016. The meeting was supposed to be about potentially compromising information on Hillary Clinton, according to Trump Jr.

    Grassley is asking Tillerson if Veselnitskaya applied for a visa and any details of a potential application, including if she had to go through any additional procedures.

    He wants DHS to say if Veselnitskaya is currently in the United States. She previously said that she was granted a parole letter to enter the United States to argue a court case.

    Grassley wants to know any restrictions or extensions of her parole, what agencies were involved in the decision, dates when she left or entered the country, and listed addresses.

    The June 2016 meeting has captured the attention of lawmakers after Trump Jr. released an email chain of his correspondence with acquaintance Rob Goldstone about arranging a meeting with the Russian lawyer.

    Goldstone told Trump Jr. that Veselnitskaya had "information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.Ē

    But Veselnitskaya told the Associated Press on Tuesday that she did not represent the Russian government and "never had compromising information and could not have had."

    The New York Times reported Sunday that Veselnitskaya has advocated for the Russian government in the past, and that her clients have included "state-owned businesses and a senior government official's son."

    The Kremlin has denied knowledge of the meeting, and that it knew Veselnitskaya.

    Grassley's letter comes as his committee is investigating Russia's election interference, including potential ties between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

    Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) are both calling on Trump Jr. to testify before the Judiciary Committee.
    why was Veselnitskaya in America, and who was responsible for that?



  5. #230
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    68,537
    Always trying to find the angle to blame Obama!! Absolutely unreal. How the hell is that pertinent?



    Anyone else interested in seeing the post-meeting email exchange?
    this my sig

  6. #231
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    17,028
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Always trying to find the angle to blame Obama!! Absolutely unreal. How the hell is that pertinent?



    Anyone else interested in seeing the post-meeting email exchange?
    if she was not allowed to be in the country, then I would think there has to be someone responsible for her being in the country.

    that doesn't change anything about the DTJ meeting and anything else connected to that. this woman being in America is ANOTHER issue along with everything else.
    there can be multiple stories and this one shouldn't be ignored.



  7. #232
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    19,516
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if she was not allowed to be in the country, then I would think there has to be someone responsible for her being in the country.

    that doesn't change anything about the DTJ meeting and anything else connected to that. this woman being in America is ANOTHER issue along with everything else.
    there can be multiple stories and this one shouldn't be ignored.
    Only the one about Trump Jr. Should be ignored lol

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Alot fearful people with alot guns.
    Posts
    7,119
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Maybe my descriptor of him was harsh. He's definitely tremendous at what he does...he just has supported A LOT of really bad policy. But he's a smart guy who has a more nuanced approach to things than most of his peers.


    As for Don Jr.'s upcoming legal battle...

    Anyone mentioning treason is flat out wrong. When Tim Kaine says that he's just being a sensationalist boob. This was not treason, at least not by the legal definition. We are not at war with Russia and thus it's not treason. Period.

    Didn't he violate campaign finance laws? Perhaps. I don't know. I've seen people argue yes and no.

    But yeah. Another case of really bad optics, shady activity and a continual trend of dishonesty and lying in regards to all of it. It's almost unbelievable how often the White House, and especially a guy like Pence, have just lied and lied and lied about this and changed the story over and over again. It's disturbing.

    But this still isn't the smoking gun. This still isn't Watergate. Maybe we're getting there collectively, but we're not there yet. And as always, Democrats need to keep focus on what really matters though. This will sort itself out in due time. We have a well-respected special prosecutor with subpoena power and we'll get a report. We'll get answers. But when people who are struggling wake up in the morning they don't care about Russia and what Putin's doing. This all is crowding out all of that from the national consciousness. People are still suffering and those people are still not hearing anything, or at least enough, from the Democratic party.
    I agree in one sense that all these Russian stories are diverting attention away from other important stories, but the out right boldness to work with the Russians to affect our election is pretty huge. This is a tipping point in the sense that if our government officials allow this to go unchecked, then what other offense will be tolerant from a party or person to win a political offices? All ready because of these stories, the Donald actions towards Russian are being questioned as they should be. Is this a paid back to the Russians? We are all ready pissed at our politicians for giving special consideration to big business donor how about when they do the same for Russia or China?

    What is happening now will determine the level of corruption that will be allow to exist in Washington?

    Working with the Russians to f our political system is treason. I grade this the same as giving up national secrets that hurt our country to a enemy state. Judging from the political mess, and uprest we are now experiencing, I would say these actions hurt our country domestically and internationally thus help Putin and indirectly China.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-12-2017 at 10:43 AM.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    17,028
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Only the one about Trump Jr. Should be ignored lol
    did I ignore it? NO I did not.

    don't ignore my words. don't twist my words.

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...0#post31745630
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    Donald Trump Jr should not have taken the meeting.



  10. #235
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    23,944

    Reuters: Putin-linked think tank drew up plan to sway 2016 US election

    Junior shouldn't have taken the meeting but it's Obama's fault she was able to be in the US for the meeting.

    10-4 Big Buddy!
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!






    *PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    19,516
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.daily...t-meeting.html

    Trump Jr. Said he didn't tell his dad about the meeting, but that's starting to look like yet another lie.

    Shortly after Trump Jr. was emailed Trump announced a press conference that would have damaging information about Hillary Clinton. Clearly he knew of the meeting and anticipated derogatory information about Clinton.

    "It's been 6 months and we've found no evidence of collusion!"

    Good thing we kept at it.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Alot fearful people with alot guns.
    Posts
    7,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    Junior shouldn't have taken the meeting but it's Obama's fault she was able to be in the US for the meeting.

    10-4 Big Buddy!
    Damn that OBAMA and his deep state lackeys

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    68,537
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I agree in one sense that all these Russian stories are diverting attention away from other important stories, but the out right boldness to work with the Russians to affect our election is pretty huge. This is a tipping point in the sense that if our government officials allow this to go unchecked, then what other offense will be tolerant from a party or person to win a political offices? All ready because of these stories, the Donald actions towards Russian are being questioned as they should be. Is this a paid back to the Russians? We are all ready pissed at our politicians for giving special consideration to big business donor how about when they do the same for Russia or China?

    What is happening now will determine the level of corruption that will be allow to exist in Washington?

    Working with the Russians to f our political system is treason. I grade this the same as giving up national secrets that hurt our country to a enemy state. Judging from the political mess, and uprest we are now experiencing, I would say these actions hurt our country domestically and internationally thus help Putin and indirectly China.
    If it's not clear, I am a little conflicted. Because I do think this all matters. I just think there's so much else that matters too, if not more. It mostly comes down to this: the only angle I'm looking at this from is from a pragmatic view. All I'm concerned about is Democrats, the party I must support by default, winning in 2018 and 2020. That's how we overcome Trump, stop his agenda and get things moving back in the right direction. I think there's a twofold problem with all the focus on Russia. First, I think a lot of people latch onto it because it provides an explanation as to how we ended up here, something that people can't come to terms with. "It was Russia! That's how Trump won!" Problem is, it wasn't. Moreover, it really has a whole lot more to do with the terrible brand the Democrats have been putting forth for a while now. And even if you don't want to admit and come to terms with that truth, I'd argue that focusing on voter suppression (why don't we consider that political corruption?), gerrymandering, and voter rights and so on are more of a long-term threat to our democracy that this temporary and specific threat that is Trump/his gaggle of idiots and Russia.

    Secondly, it's not going to solve anything. Say we find a smoking gun, Trump's ousted and Pence steps in, well, little changes. The Democrats still are who they are and rather than spending however many months really and truly fighting for the average person over health care, jobs, education, drug epidemics, the economy, etc., they've just been coasting on RUSSIA! What's their message? "Hey, we didn't collude! Vote for us!". They'll run with that, but ideally also in conjunction with a lot more of "hey, look what we actually stand for and have been fighting for...YOU!". Hillary basically on two things: America is great already and Trump is bad. Let's be a party more than just that, eh?


    In terms of corruption, I don't want to downplay the significance of getting to the bottom of this, because it absolutely needs to be figured out. My concern is more pragmatic. Busting Trump isn't going to stop corruption, it will just punish him.
    this my sig

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    68,537
    Like, why does this get 1/100000th of the buzz. 200,000 voters were supressed in Wisconsin. That's a major threat to a fair democracy. That's where Dems can fight and make tangible progress.

    https://www.thenation.com/article/wi...-won-by-23000/
    this my sig

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    75,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    Junior shouldn't have taken the meeting but it's Obama's fault she was able to be in the US for the meeting.

    10-4 Big Buddy!
    Obama was Donald Jr's secretary. So yep I definitely see how the blame would fall to him. I'm glad we were corrected.

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •