Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 599
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    19,595
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    your obsession with me is troubling, and maybe a reason why you refuse to see what has been said to counter what you''re saying.

    Trump was not under investigation at the time Comey testified. if you feel differently then you are wrong, unless you're saying Comey was lying, in which case you should provide your information so that he can be prosecuted for perjury.

    has Trump since been under investigation? we wouldn't and shouldn't know as long as Mueller is in charge.
    if you want to use the words of Trump's lawyer from one interview that "Trump is under investigation" then why do you ignore the words from the same lawyer in the same interview "Trump is not under investigation".

    why do you get to pick which of the things the lawyer said must be true..

    http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...s-about-russia

    http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/2...s-intimidation
    Your position is already crumbling.

    First it was Trump is not under investigation period. Now it's Trump was not under investigation while Comey was FBI Direcotr but he may be under investigation now.

    Bolded: Because both things can't be true, and the only one Trump has corroborated is the Lawyer's statement that Trump is under investigation.

    You're wrong, very soon you'll be admitting he is under investigation. It's fun to see the slow descent.
    Last edited by valade16; 06-26-2017 at 12:04 PM.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    19,595
    As for Johnnyis claim that Clinton is the most corrupt President of our lifetime, what is his definition of lifetime?

    100 days of Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton?

    Discounting Trump at the moment because he's so new we can't really judge, Clinton would be the most corrupt President out of those 3 wouldn't he?

  3. #138
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    17,053
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Your position is already crumbling.

    First it was Trump is not under investigation period. Now it's Trump was not under investigation while Comey was FBI Direcotr but he may be under investigation now.

    Bolded: Because both things can't be true, and the only one Trump has corroborated is the Lawyer's statement that Trump is under investigation.

    You're wrong, very soon you'll be admitting he is under investigation. It's fun to see the slow descent.
    so now your back to believing Trump tells the truth? I thought your side was supposed to stick to Trump lies all the time.
    the same lawyer said Trump was speaking based on the Washington Post article. one of the many times Trump has ****ed up with what he has said, but NOW you want to take what he said as it's accurate.

    if Trump was being investigated by Mueller right now, would his lawyer need to be notified?

    I have said all along that Comey testified under oath that Trump was not under investigation. just like how I have said/been saying all along there has been no evidence of Russia collusion.

    maybe I should have more empathy for those on the other side, it must be hard not having much to argue and be right about.



  4. #139
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    19,595
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    so now your back to believing Trump tells the truth? I thought your side was supposed to stick to Trump lies all the time.
    the same lawyer said Trump was speaking based on the Washington Post article. one of the many times Trump has ****ed up with what he has said, but NOW you want to take what he said as it's accurate.

    if Trump was being investigated by Mueller right now, would his lawyer need to be notified?

    I have said all along that Comey testified under oath that Trump was not under investigation. just like how I have said/been saying all along there has been no evidence of Russia collusion.

    maybe I should have more empathy for those on the other side, it must be hard not having much to argue and be right about.
    This is your excuse for everything Trump says. "Trump didn't mean what he actually said, he meant what I want him to mean". It's pathetic.

    Keep your empathy, you're wrong about this, just as you were wrong about Russia confirm they killed Al-Baghdadi. But that's classic Special, don't care about the facts or details and just copy and paste whatever your alt-right sources say.

    If nothing else, the best part of this argument is you now admit Trump is a liar. I'll take that as a victory.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    17,053
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is your excuse for everything Trump says. "Trump didn't mean what he actually said, he meant what I want him to mean". It's pathetic.

    Keep your empathy, you're wrong about this, just as you were wrong about Russia confirm they killed Al-Baghdadi. But that's classic Special, don't care about the facts or details and just copy and paste whatever your alt-right sources say.

    If nothing else, the best part of this argument is you now admit Trump is a liar. I'll take that as a victory.
    it's nothing new that he hasn't been good at saying things to get his point across, even having himself to explain afterwards or have those around him have to explain what he meant.

    I laugh at you picking the one Russian thing, which I admitted I was wrong.

    I've said other times that Trump has said thins that were not accurate. I've even argued the term "lying" because that means he says something he knew was not truthful. if he says something based on information he was given that was not accurate then that would not be him lying.


    even if he is now under investigation it doesn't really change anything. there have been investigations plural going back to even before the election, and over and over and over not much has been revealed, and certainly no evidence of collusion.

    this one I posted in the Hillary thread, but it might be better suited here in this "Russian" thread. the Russia dossier came from the Democratic side.



    http://nypost.com/2017/06/24/inside-...trump-dossier/

    Sketchy firm behind Trump dossier is stalling investigators
    A secretive Washington firm that commissioned the dubious intelligence dossier on Donald Trump is stonewalling congressional investigators trying to learn more about its connections to the Democratic Party.

    The Senate Judiciary Committee earlier this month threatened to subpoena the firm, Fusion GPS, after it refused to answer questions and provide records to the panel identifying who financed the error-ridden dossier, which was circulated during the election and has sparked much of the Russia scandal now engulfing the White House.

    What is the company hiding? Fusion GPS describes itself as a “research and strategic intelligence firm” founded by “three former Wall Street Journal investigative reporters.” But congressional sources say it’s actually an opposition-research group for Democrats, and the founders, who are more political activists than journalists, have a pro-Hillary Clinton, anti-Trump agenda.

    “These weren’t mercenaries or hired guns,” a congressional source familiar with the dossier probe said. “These guys had a vested personal and ideological interest in smearing Trump and boosting Hillary’s chances of winning the White House.”

    Fusion GPS was on the payroll of an unidentified Democratic ally of Clinton when it hired a long-retired British spy to dig up dirt on Trump. In 2012, Democrats hired Fusion GPS to uncover dirt on GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney. And in 2015, Democratic ally Planned Parenthood retained Fusion GPS to investigate pro-life activists protesting the abortion group.

    Moreover, federal records show a key co-founder and partner in the firm was a Hillary Clinton donor and supporter of her presidential campaign.

    In September 2016, while Fusion GPS was quietly shopping the dirty dossier on Trump around Washington, its co-founder and partner Peter R. Fritsch contributed at least $1,000 to the Hillary Victory Fund and the Hillary For America campaign, Federal Election Commission data show. His wife also donated money to Hillary’s campaign.

    Property records show that in June 2016, as Clinton allies bankrolled Fusion GPS, Fritsch bought a six-bedroom, five-bathroom home in Bethesda, Md., for $2.3 million.

    Fritsch did not respond to requests for comment. A lawyer for Fusion GPS said the firm’s work is confidential.

    Sources say Fusion GPS had its own interest, beyond those of its clients, in promulgating negative gossip about Trump.

    Fritsch, who served as the Journal’s bureau chief in Mexico City and has lectured at the liberal Wilson Center’s Mexico Institute, married into a family with Mexican business interests. His wife, Beatriz Garcia, formerly worked as an executive at Grupo Dina, a manufacturer of trucks and buses in Mexico City that benefits from NAFTA, which Trump opposes.

    Fritsch’s Fusion GPS partner Thomas Catan, who grew up in Britain, once edited a business magazine in Mexico. A third founding partner, Glenn Simpson, is reported to have shared dark views of both Russian President Vladimir Putin and Trump. Before joining Fusion GPS, Simpson did opposition research for a former Clinton White House operative.

    The Senate Judiciary Committee is also investigating whether the FBI has wrongly relied on the anti-Trump dossier and its author, Christopher Steele — the old spy who was hired by Fusion GPS to build a Russia file on Trump — to aid its ongoing espionage investigation into the Trump campaign and its possible ties to Moscow.

    The FBI received a copy of the Democrat-funded dossier in August, during the heat of the campaign, and is said to have contracted in October to pay Steele $50,000 to help corroborate the dirt on Trump — a relationship that “raises substantial questions about the independence” of the bureau in investigating Trump, warned Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa).

    Senate investigators are demanding to see records of communications between Fusion GPS and the FBI and the Justice Department, including any contacts with former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, now under congressional investigation for possibly obstructing the Hillary Clinton email probe, and deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe, who is under investigation by the Senate and the Justice inspector general for failing to recuse himself despite financial and political connections to the Clinton campaign through his Democratic activist wife. Senate investigators have singled out McCabe as the FBI official who negotiated with Steele.

    Like Fusion GPS, the FBI has failed to cooperate with congressional investigators seeking documents.

    Steele contracted with Fusion GPS to investigate Trump’s ties to Russia starting in June 2016, whereupon he outlandishly claimed that Hillary campaign hackers were “paid by both Trump’s team and the Kremlin” and that the operation was run out of Putin’s office. He also fed Fusion GPS and its Hillary-allied clients incredulous gossip about Trump hating the Obamas so much that he hired hookers to urinate on a bed they slept in at the Moscow Ritz-Carlton, and that Russian intelligence recorded the pee party in case they needed to blackmail Trump.
    Modal Trigger
    AP

    Never mind that none of the rumors was backed by evidence or even credible sourcing (don’t bother trying to confirm his bed-wetting yarn, Steele advised, as “all direct witnesses have been silenced”). Steele reinforced his paying customers’ worst fears about Trump, and they rewarded him for it with a whopping $250,000 in payments.

    But it’s now clear his “intelligence reports,” which together run more than 35 pages long, were for the most part worthless. And the clients who paid Fusion GPS (which claims to go “beyond standard due diligence”) for them got taken to the cleaners.

    Steele’s most sensational allegations remain unconfirmed. For instance, his claim that Trump lawyer Michael Cohen held a “clandestine meeting” on the alleged hacking scheme in Prague with “Kremlin officials” in August 2016 unraveled when Cohen denied ever visiting Prague, his passport showed no stamps showing he left or entered the US at the time, witnesses accounted for his presence here, and Czech authorities found no evidence Cohen went to Prague.

    Steele hadn’t worked in Moscow since the 1990s and didn’t actually travel there to gather intelligence on Trump firsthand. He relied on third-hand “friend of friend” sourcing. In fact, most of his claimed Russian sources spoke not directly to him but “in confidence to a trusted compatriot” who, in turn, spoke to Steele — and always anonymously.

    But his main source may have been Google. Most of the information branded as “intelligence” was merely rehashed from news headlines or cut and pasted — replete with errors — from Wikipedia.

    In fact, much of the seemingly cloak-and-dagger information connecting Trump and his campaign advisers to Russia had already been reported in the media at the time Steele wrote his monthly reports.

    In the same August report, for example, Steele connected a Moscow trip taken by then-Trump campaign adviser Michael Flynn to “the Russian operation” to hack the election. But there was nothing secret about the trip, which had taken place months earlier and had been widely reported.

    And there was nothing untoward about it. It was a dinner celebrating the 10th birthday of Russian TV network RT, and Flynn sat at the same table with Putin as US Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein.

    The real question is why anyone would take anything in the sketchy report seriously.

    But even the CIA gave it credence. The dossier ended up attached to a Top Secret intelligence briefing on Russia for President Obama, even though his intelligence czar last month testified, “We couldn’t corroborate the sourcing.” The FBI, moreover, has been using it for investigative leads on Trump associates like Carter Page, even though former FBI Director James Comey this month described the dossier as “salacious and unverified.”

    And of course, Democratic leaders in Congress keep referring to it to cook up more charges against Trump, while liberal media continue to use it as a road map to find “scoops” on Trump in the “Russiagate” conspiracy they’re peddling — still hoping against hope that the central thrust of the report — that Trump entered into an unholy alliance with the Russian government during the election — will one day prove true and bring about the downfall of his presidency.
    we also have from Podesta wikileaks released email..
    who is in charge of the Trump swift boat project? Needs to be ready, funded and unleashed when we decide -- but not a half assed scramble.
    The term swiftboating (also swift-boating or swift boating) is a pejorative American neologism used to describe an unfair or untrue political attack.



  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    75,495
    Again seeing as nearly 3 out of every 4 things Trump says are a downright lie. I assume they meant countering Trump's swiftboating attacks.
    Last edited by dbroncos78087; 06-27-2017 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Typo: try another bull**** argument

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Neither here, Nor there
    Posts
    9,419
    I said this before and I still believe it. The alt-right movement is (whether knowingly or unknowingly) supported by Russia.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    75,495
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    I said this before and I still believe it. The alt-right movement is (whether knowingly or unknowingly) supported by Russia.
    The alt-right (do not read all Republicans, there are plenty that I respect here and other places) doesn't have two brain cells to rub together to spell collusion.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    17,053
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Again seeing as nearly 3 out of every 4 thinks Trump says are a downright lie. I assume they meant countering Trump's swiftboating attacks.
    key word there is thinks. what 3 out of 4 people think (opinion) doesn't mean they are right.



  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    75,495
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    key word there is thinks. what 3 out of 4 people think (opinion) doesn't mean they are right.
    That was a typo. It was meant to be things so that argument is bunk. Try again.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Alot fearful people with alot guns.
    Posts
    7,120
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    I said this before and I still believe it. The alt-right movement is (whether knowingly or unknowingly) supported by Russia.
    I can see the logic in that, since the Russians are openly supporting similar groups in Europe. If it is true or not, I can't say.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,928
    The video of the CNN producer saying the Russia story was mostly ******** was priceless. And he even said his CEO said that had to keep covering Russia.

    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,928
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    I said this before and I still believe it. The alt-right movement is (whether knowingly or unknowingly) supported by Russia.
    Bahahahaha, now I've heard it all. It's those pesky Russians that don't want those damn illegal immigrants from Mexico crossing the border.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    75,495
    Uh-oh. Paul Manafort has no registered as a foreign agent and acknowledged his work with the pro-Putin government in Ukraine. But no ties to Putin here...keep moving everyone.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Neither here, Nor there
    Posts
    9,419
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Bahahahaha, now I've heard it all. It's those pesky Russians that don't want those damn illegal immigrants from Mexico crossing the border.
    One way to divide a country is to support its extremist groups. Let's not act like the alt right are just anti Mexican illegal immigrants you and I both know they're a bunch of insecure bigots.

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •