Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 768
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    23,959

    Reuters: Putin-linked think tank drew up plan to sway 2016 US election

    No Longer A "Conspiracy Theory" as Proof exists...


    A Russian government think tank controlled by Vladimir Putin developed a plan to swing the 2016 U.S. presidential election to Donald Trump and undermine votersí faith in the American electoral system, three current and four former U.S. officials told Reuters.

    They described two confidential documents from the think tank as providing the framework and rationale for what U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded was an intensive effort by Russia to interfere with the Nov. 8 election. U.S. intelligence officials acquired the documents, which were prepared by the Moscow-based Russian Institute for Strategic Studies [en.riss.ru/], after the election.

    The institute is run by retired senior Russian foreign intelligence officials appointed by Putinís office...




    More in-depth discoveries and discussion within link; http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN17L2N3
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!






    *PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    53,997
    This **** gets more and more ****ing ridiculous hahaha.

    Guys Hillary lost and it's not cause the Russians came up with some grand scheme to sway voters. Trump didn't win presidency as much as Hilary lost cause of just how terrible of a candidate she was and this was a testament to that. There were people on the fence that would rather vote for Donald ****ing Trump over Hilary speaks volumes. People wanted change good or bad they just didn't want more of the same ****. Even if Donald goes that route the odds were better he would actually shake things up compared to more of the same ******** we've been fed.

    Unless they manipulated the actually voting ballots by changing votes then I buy this about as much as I do flying pigs.

    My take is I am pretty positive Russia did want Trump to be US president. I also think they have nothing to do with such thing. However why not spark some controversy and also boost your intelligence groups by letting it slide that you may have tampered with it. That's like a double win.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    20,764
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    This **** gets more and more ****ing ridiculous hahaha.

    Guys Hillary lost and it's not cause the Russians came up with some grand scheme to sway voters. Trump didn't win presidency as much as Hilary lost cause of just how terrible of a candidate she was and this was a testament to that. There were people on the fence that would rather vote for Donald ****ing Trump over Hilary speaks volumes. People wanted change good or bad they just didn't want more of the same ****. Even if Donald goes that route the odds were better he would actually shake things up compared to more of the same ******** we've been fed.

    Unless they manipulated the actually voting ballots by changing votes then I buy this about as much as I do flying pigs.

    My take is I am pretty positive Russia did want Trump to be US president. I also think they have nothing to do with such thing. However why not spark some controversy and also boost your intelligence groups by letting it slide that you may have tampered with it. That's like a double win.
    *here's proof*

    I don't care!


    Lol, might as well call this forum the no fact zone.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    23,959
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    This **** gets more and more ****ing ridiculous hahaha.

    Guys Hillary lost and it's not cause the Russians came up with some grand scheme to sway voters. Trump didn't win presidency as much as Hilary lost cause of just how terrible of a candidate she was and this was a testament to that. There were people on the fence that would rather vote for Donald ****ing Trump over Hilary speaks volumes. People wanted change good or bad they just didn't want more of the same ****. Even if Donald goes that route the odds were better he would actually shake things up compared to more of the same ******** we've been fed.

    Unless they manipulated the actually voting ballots by changing votes then I buy this about as much as I do flying pigs.

    My take is I am pretty positive Russia did want Trump to be US president. I also think they have nothing to do with such thing. However why not spark some controversy and also boost your intelligence groups by letting it slide that you may have tampered with it. That's like a double win.

    I didn't vote for Hillary. I didn't even think she was the strongest Democratic candidate. In fact, I've said before the DNC shoulders the biggest blame for the election results.

    This proofed story isn't about "whining about why Hillary lost" it's about Russia commiting international espionage at the highest level and infiltrating our election process and infrastructure.

    That's why this is such a huge story.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!






    *PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    53,997
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    *here's proof*

    I don't care!


    Lol, might as well call this forum the no fact zone.
    *here's circumstantial evidence that does not actually prove any of it worked or had an effect*

    LOL might as well call this I believe everything I read forum (which it seems like it wasn't read by you).

    Do I think Russia wanted to put themselves into the best position with whatever candidate was elected, yes. Do I think any of this proves that it swayed a load of voters into voting for Trump, absolutely not.

    Hell why stop here I can't believe ISIS doesn't have a dog in the presidency claim race.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    53,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    I didn't vote for Hillary. I didn't even think she was the strongest Democratic candidate. In fact, I've said before the DNC shoulders the biggest blame for the election results.

    This proofed story isn't about "whining about why Hillary lost" it's about Russia commiting international espionage at the highest level and infiltrating our election process and infrastructure.

    That's why this is such a huge story.
    The bolded is where I disagree. It's a huge story cause people are still trying desperately to figure out how the hell Trump was elected and we are turning every stone possible. I think it's kinda naive to think this hasn't happened in every election and with multiple other countries taking a stab at a "disruptive US election think tank".

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    20,764
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    *here's circumstantial evidence that does not actually prove any of it worked or had an effect*

    LOL might as well call this I believe everything I read forum (which it seems like it wasn't read by you).

    Do I think Russia wanted to put themselves into the best position with whatever candidate was elected, yes. Do I think any of this proves that it swayed a load of voters into voting for Trump, absolutely not.

    Hell why stop here I can't believe ISIS doesn't have a dog in the presidency claim race.
    I wasn't commenting on it's effectiveness, but that they did it at all.

    Considering you said:

    Guys Hillary lost and it's not cause the Russians came up with some grand scheme to sway voters.

    That is literally exactly what they did. Whether you think it works or not, you cannot claim they didn't do it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    12,919
    Tbh, this is still a huge nothing burger

    The US has been influencing other countries elections forever (not to mention Russia with Yetzen)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,325
    I agree with Northsider. The wiki leaks certainly didn't have the impact I thought they would. As for the elaborate Russian fake news strategy.. let me ask all of you; Do any of you take anything seriously that comes out about either candidate a few months before an election? Hillary Clinton health is scary! Give me a break. Or Trump sexually assaulted multiple women who came out, conveniently, after his tape was released. Riiiight.

    Let me throw a more likely scenario out there. Trump won the election because he had proposed solutions. Hillary Clinton lost because she ran a campaign of "Vote for me because I'm not racist". To my knowledge Russians haven't been accused of hacking the voting machines. Democrats would do all of us a favor to start looking in the mirror instead of pointing the finger at Russia. Maybe next time spend some time in Wisconsin?

    Sorry guys, I just don't think the Russians had much sway here. Do I think they tried? Sure. But I certainly doubt the level of impact they actually had. We need to accept the fact that the Democrats ran a terrible candidate and were punished for it. If the Democrats would have ran Webb they would have won handily. Instead they run a flawed candidate and then finger point when the result weren't in hand.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    53,997
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I wasn't commenting on it's effectiveness, but that they did it at all.

    Considering you said:

    Guys Hillary lost and it's not cause the Russians came up with some grand scheme to sway voters.

    That is literally exactly what they did. Whether you think it works or not, you cannot claim they didn't do it.
    I absolutely believe they tried as do I think tons of other countries during elections. US is one of the biggest in influence in voting for other countries. I won't deny any attempts cause you'd be silly to think otherwise.

    My knock is I don't believe the influence is remotely impactful in the outcome and I don't find this to be ground breaking news cause I think it's gone on for every election or at least attempts too.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    20,764
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    I absolutely believe they tried as do I think tons of other countries during elections. US is one of the biggest in influence in voting for other countries. I won't deny any attempts cause you'd be silly to think otherwise.

    My knock is I don't believe the influence is remotely impactful in the outcome and I don't find this to be ground breaking news cause I think it's gone on for every election or at least attempts too.
    Do you have any proof any other country ran a coordinated campaign such as this to discredit or influence the US election?

    We agree insomuch as I don't think their influence was a primary reason for Hillary's loss in the election. Where I think their campaign has been extremely effective is in eroding people's ability to accept facts or use facts when debating issues.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,557
    The Democratic Primary leaks is what really hurt Hillary. Bernie or Bust

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    12,919
    What hurt hillary was being hillary. Shes terrible

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    23,959
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    The Democratic Primary leaks is what really hurt Hillary. Bernie or Bust
    Nah...

    The DNC didn't pick the best candidate with the most momentum/buzz/support and it backfired.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!






    *PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,764
    The hilarious irony of Hillary's failure is that you can trace just about everything that hurt her directly to her own actions.

    She broke FOIA laws with her email server and destroyed evidence and still had the gall to blame the FBI for investigating her for it. She rigged the DNC in her favor and abused her former staff members' positions in the media to gain an unfair advantage and had the gall to blame Wikileaks for releasing Podesta's emails that proved all of it. She used her position in the State Department to meddle in Russian elections (at least allegedly but Putin sure believes it) and has the gumption to blame Putin for disliking her and preferring another candidate.

    Her campaign could have gone much better if she just hadn't got in its way. Her terrible personality could have probably even been covered up if she didn't constantly trip over herself by acting haughty, entitled, and sneering at the American voters. Some where someone (maybe GGG-Men?) thinks this trainwreck is a tragedy but it's really just cosmic justice.

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •