Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you bold me saying "they're still both opinions" and then went on to literally say both are opinions.

I've already said this..

meaning yes a judge's opinion is a legal opinion, as they have legal authority to make a ruling, on their opinion.

if a Republican lawmaker coming up with these voting requirements has literally said they were done with the intent to affect minority votes then it would be a fact. we don't have that.
    You are either being willfully obtuse or are just arguing semantics. A judges opinion becomes a ruling and actionable by force when it made into a proclamation. A congressman's opinion becomes law when he gets enough of his cohorts to sign off on it. One person's opinion can be enforced by his will alone, the other cannot.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

you bold me saying "they're still both opinions" and then went on to literally say both are opinions.

I've already said this..

meaning yes a judge's opinion is a legal opinion, as they have legal authority to make a ruling, on their opinion.

if a Republican lawmaker coming up with these voting requirements has literally said they were done with the intent to affect minority votes then it would be a fact. we don't have that.
    You have no idea what a legal opinion is

Go play child, adults are conversing about the law.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

I know what an uneducated opinion sounds/looks like.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

Wait are we actually arguing what a legal opinion is and is someone trying to conflate a legal opinion with the opinion of some random person off the street? #IgnoreList

I got my mixed feelings on early day voting. I like it because it allows people to vote whenever they want (pretty much) but a lot can happen in the next three weeks which can change your vote etc

Look at the last election and the Trump ***** grabbing video. People already voted before that was released and could have changed their vote etc

My solution is to have weekend voting instead of on Tuesday and make voter ID laws in place throughout the country. Make it easier for people to get to their voting places and vote and require everyone to show an ID

Good news that in-person voter fraud isn't a problem. 31 cases since 2000 and in that time almost 700 million people cast votes in presidential election years. The number only grows when you factor in off-cycle ballots.

So 31 votes got cancelled out because people were voting illegally

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I got my mixed feelings on early day voting. I like it because it allows people to vote whenever they want (pretty much) but a lot can happen in the next three weeks which can change your vote etc

Look at the last election and the Trump ***** grabbing video. People already voted before that was released and could have changed their vote etc

My solution is to have weekend voting instead of on Tuesday and make voter ID laws in place throughout the country. Make it easier for people to get to their voting places and vote and require everyone to show an ID
    That's why I said that you should also be able to vote often and only your last vote counts.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So 31 votes got cancelled out because people were voting illegally
    Over the course of nearly 20 years, yes. And when you have 10% of the voting eligible citizenry that doesn't have the type of ID and wouldn't need it for one other aspect of their life, that's not a good trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You are either being willfully obtuse or are just arguing semantics. A judges opinion becomes a ruling and actionable by force when it made into a proclamation. A congressman's opinion becomes law when he gets enough of his cohorts to sign off on it. One person's opinion can be enforced by his will alone, the other cannot.
    you're basically saying the same thing that I am. however things are enforced/ruled, they are still an opinion.

irrelevant. you even called it an opinion, which was my entire point.

Incorrect.

One is an opinion. The other is a legal opinion.
    a legal opinion is still an opinion. don't get upset because we agree they are both an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Wait are we actually arguing what a legal opinion is and is someone trying to conflate a legal opinion with the opinion of some random person off the street? #IgnoreList

no one said anything about anyone random. not that you're paying attention anyway. I had talked about the opinion of a Republican lawmaker compared to the opinion of a judge.

irrelevant. you even called it an opinion, which was my entire point.

a legal opinion is still an opinion. don't get upset because we agree they are both an opinion.
    You still don't know. You keep using the word as if it means the same thing in all contexts. It doesn't.

A legal opinion is different from an opinion. They are not the same thing.

It would be like saying a shooting and a defensive shooting are the same thing because they're both shootings. No, they aren't. One is homicide/attempted murder/manslaughter/etc. and one is self-defense.

Sorry, it's not just like a judge's opinion man. It's his ruling based on the legal guidelines. A judge can be of the opinion that abortion is murder but give a legal opinion that abortion is legal based on the laws of the country.

They are different. You are ignorant. Seriously, is Canada's educational system that bad? There are no lawyers or judges in Canada?

I'm telling you bro. #DatIgnoreListThough

I give up.

So, it's semantics he is arguing. That's his favourite.

You still don't know. You keep using the word as if it means the same thing in all contexts. It doesn't.

A legal opinion is different from an opinion. They are not the same thing.

It would be like saying a shooting and a defensive shooting are the same thing because they're both shootings. No, they aren't. One is homicide/attempted murder/manslaughter/etc. and one is self-defense.

Sorry, it's not just like a judge's opinion man. It's his ruling based on the legal guidelines. A judge can be of the opinion that abortion is murder but give a legal opinion that abortion is legal based on the laws of the country.

They are different. You are ignorant. Seriously, is Canada's educational system that bad? There are no lawyers or judges in Canada?
    a shooting and a defensive shooting are both a type of shooting.
    a legal opinion and an opinion are both a type of opinion. they have different meanings but they both start from an opinion. I didn't say anything about what they meant. you're pushing it further than what I was saying.
    I'm not here to argue what each one means, that was never my intent.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast