Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Voter fraud in NC

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-50...170423848.html

North Carolina's Board of Elections found 508 cases of ineligible voters casting ballots. Out of 4.8 million ballots cast.

That means the rate of ineligible voters was: .0001%

To top it all off, the vast majority (441 cases) were active felons who were confused on their voting status (felons aren't allowed to vote until they finish their sentence and/or parole). Meaning, voter ID would not have prohibited them from voting since they were registered to vote previously.

There were 24 substantiated cases of people voting multiple times as well as 2 cases of people voting for dead residents (both voted Republican). Again, out of 4.8 million votes cast.

That means the rate of voter fraud was: .000005%

As a reminder North Carolina's voter ID law was struck down by the courts because the Judge said "it targeted African American voters with surgical precision" to keep them from voting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...rticle/493649/

Is voter ID still necessary in North Carolina knowing the facts? Is it necessary anywhere else? Thoughts?

Voter ID has never been about stopping voter fraud. They can't point to anything outside of isolated incidents of actual voter fraud. You can point to one off cases, but as you said voter ID would almost never stop those cases. It's always been about controlling who votes and more importantly who doesn't vote.

One just needs to look at the potential risk of voting illegally to see why it would never make sense to do it. In most states you can end up in jail for over a decade for committing in person voter fraud. No one is going to risk that for the small reward of adding one more vote to a candidate...which has NEVER actually swung an election. Now on the other hand, having 5, 6, 7... percent of the eligible electorate not vote can most definitely swing an election. And when done through the electoral process the risk is substantially lessened. Especially if you make the people more likely to vote you out less likely to vote.

Voter fraud in NC

This all about suppressing the vote in the 2018, 2020 and other future elections.

Was never truly about this "rampant" voter fraud.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

A case of a made up threat to accomplish something totally different, voter suppression. Something Trump's Attorney General knows about being from the old Jim Crow south and a ex- George Wallace supporter.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Does this really surprise anyone? Were Trump supporters expecting there to be 10's of thousands for Hillary?
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Why doesn't he release his taxes? Does he have something to hide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voter fraud in NC

I always laugh at these people that scream voter fraud and that they saw people on buses being brought in to vote.

I wonder why the people asking them questions never follow up with the simple questions of.

1. How do you know they voted democrat? Is it very possible that they voted republican?

2. So you realize that their are programs in states where people do gather up older people on buses to get them to the polls because they have no other way to get there themselves?

Now we know what republicans want to do. They want to continue to govern with less voters. They know there are more dems than republicans in the US, so to win they have to do whatever it takes to suppress the vote of the dems and gerrymander districts so they win more houses. It's all about winning!

von Spakovsky is part of the team now as well, another voter suppression enthusiast.

Last edited by Sick Of It All; 07-01-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    This all about suppressing the vote in the 2018, 2020 and other future elections.

Was never truly about this "rampant" voter fraud.
    Still...
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

Now we know what republicans want to do. They want to continue to govern with less voters. They know there are more dems than republicans in the US, so to win they have to do whatever it takes to suppress the vote of the dems and gerrymander districts so they win more houses. It's all about winning

Why wouldn't it be about winning?

I also agree that there are more have-nots than haves and therefore more people looking for more social programs to utilize that can be paid by somebody else. However, what sometimes makes them vote for Republicans anyway is that they can't find the job that they want and they just don't want to sit home on their butt and / or be stuck in a job with low wages and no opportunity for advancement.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Why wouldn't it be about winning?

I also agree that there are more have-nots than haves and therefore more people looking for more social programs to utilize that can be paid by somebody else. However, what sometimes makes them vote for Republicans anyway is that they can't find the job that they want and they just don't want to sit home on their butt and / or be stuck in a job with low wages and no opportunity for advancement.
    Republicans aren't magically the party of people who want a job and Democrats are the party of people who want a handout. You can't believe the world is that simplistic. Can you?

Also very surprising how anyone can defend the man who won't release his tax returns asking for my government to give him my SSN and voting records.

If Obama tried to collect all the gun owners records, conservatives would be rioting in the streets.

Can I ask why automatic voter registration would be a bad thing? I'm legitimately asking, because I feel like it should be a thing.

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Republicans aren't magically the party of people who want a job and Democrats are the party of people who want a handout. You can't believe the world is that simplistic. Can you?
    True. But the Democratic party absolutely platforms their political agenda to get the vote of those who want a handout. And in doing so, sicken America's economy.

The Democratic party may not be jobless, but a **** load of it's supporters are.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast