Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2017 NFL Schedule Released

Do you have any thoughts on the NFL schedule -- prime time games, your team's schedule, etc? I have a few:

I'm not a Bears fan, but living in Illinois, I hear about and notice things about them.

A) I don't recall them ever playing a regular season game on a Saturday. But this year they go to Detroit on Week 15 for an afternoon contest (with LAC-KC later that night). The only college games will be bad bowl games with 6-6 or 5-7 mid major teams playing each other.

B) How come the Bears never play in Green Bay (their big rival) during the day? It's always a night game (this year being on TNF in Week 4). It seems the last time the Bears went to GB in the afternoon was when the team got together in 1985 and made a horrible rap song (which regularly interrupted my steady flow of hair/pop metal on MTV).

Like I said before, it's unfair of the NFL to put divisional games in London. In this season's case, the Rams have to go to Phoenix, but the Cardinals don't have to go to Los Angeles. The Rams will most likely be bad again so it won't matter much, but what about the other times the league has done this and will do it in the future?

There are no home prime times games for the Chargers in their new city (not even TNF). That's strange. Is it because they figure everybody is annoyed by the fact that they moved there after the Rams already did?
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 04-21-2017 at 02:04 PM.

The Patriots schedule is pretty bizarre, but ultimately pretty soft due to their division.

They exit their bye with 5 of 6 games on the road including two in a row at high altitude (Denver and Mexico City). 5 of their last 6 games are against division opponents...I guess the NFL is sick of them clinching so early? And every game after that bye could have AFC playoff implications. Will probably limit their ability to rest as comfortably at the end of the season.

Pats vs. Saints (Brady vs. Brees, Cooks, Malcolm Butler?, etc.) and Steelers vs. Pats are not on prime time whereas Pats vs. Dolphins get a Monday Night spot.

It's a pretty easy schedule, but at least I won't have to listen to people tell me how overrated the team is because they hadn't played a good QB all year.
    this my sig

Dont like the early bye or the 5 prime time games

Kind of set up as most cowboy seasons. Back to back Thursdays game would be my only complaint. Real tough last few weeks but I think that helps a team in the post season if they get there

Really want to go to Philly @ Dallas week 11..sunday night...decent tickets are crazy though. 500 for decent seats

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Really want to go to Philly @ Dallas week 11..sunday night...decent tickets are crazy though. 500 for decent seats
    With all that cash they're raking in, there's still talk that if they start up a stateside version of NFL Europe, they will put all eight teams in Orlando and play all the games there (at UCF) because they don't want to pay for their minor league teams to travel. Greed, anyone?

Should be cheaper with Dallas out of contention by then.

Steelers with 4 primetime games in a row. Only 2 of the games after the bye week start at 1.

NOT MY GM

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Should be cheaper with Dallas out of contention by then.
    I was thinking it would be more because it will be right around the time Philly is on their ...yearly we can still do this phase.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    With all that cash they're raking in, there's still talk that if they start up a stateside version of NFL Europe, they will put all eight teams in Orlando and play all the games there (at UCF) because they don't want to pay for their minor league teams to travel. Greed, anyone?
    Yeah I try to ignore how greedy they really are it spoils the game. But they don't normally get a ton of my money anymore. I own 1 Witten Jersey . Last game I went to was the final year of the old stadium. And I have no self control...big suite at the W hotel ..probably cost me 5 grand to go watch brad Johnson

I was thinking it would be more because it will be right around the time Philly is on their ...yearly we can still do this phase.
    Second guy to the joke isn't as funny.

I'm pretty happy with the schedule tbh. I like our week 11 bye and I like that we start off against SF and BUF (hopefully they won't be able to do anything to our defense which will allow our offense to shake some rust/get the new OL gelling).

But I'm getting so tired of opening nearly every season away.

2017: @SF
    2016: @DEN
    2015: @JAX
    2014: @TB
    2013: vsSEA
    2012: @TB
    2011: @ARZ
    2010: @NYG

Also, while I'm glad we get SF early and I'm assuming/hoping they're going to be awful, they do tend to start the season really feisty. Seems like they've started several recent seasons 1-0 before falling apart.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Second guy to the joke isn't as funny.
    True. Honestly I hope they go into that game tied for the division.

Quote Originally Posted by soccertipsters View Post
    Great one. Each and every soccer lover eagerly waiting for the matches.And also loves to predict the matches through the aid of soccer tipsters.
    Lol....what the ****

This is absolutely the place to make sarcastic remarks about grass faries that nobody cares about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast