Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    They could end up there but it really depends on how much we miss Capt or not. Or pass defense could be a little more vulnerable this year. We also still have concern at the other DT spot.

I think it will take a few bad years for us to move on from Rick. IMO his overall body of work has been good, not great but good.
    I agree. I think the wheels will have to completely fall off before another change is made. From what I've gathered over the years the owners think highly of him and Zimmer.

A lot of ifs go into this team right now so it's really hard to get a feel for how good this team can be. Question marks include Bradford, Murray/McKinnon, Treadwell, OL, Floyd, Barr, Waynes, Mack Alexander, and our special teams. Obviously if more go right than wrong we can be a playoff team again. The team is far from set so let's give it more time before giving our projected records. Things can change a lot with a good draft. Plus PA is still linking the Vikings to Michael Floyd so we may not be done in FA yet either.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

We lost 4 games last year by one score- 2 of which were games we choked away late to Detroit.
    We win those 4 and we're 12-4....and that was with a decimated and horrible OL
    The OL is improved, the offense is no longer AP oriented, and the draft hasn't even happened.
    We lost Captain and Flash but who else that played last year are we going to miss?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    We lost 4 games last year by one score- 2 of which were games we choked away late to Detroit.
    We win those 4 and we're 12-4....and that was with a decimated and horrible OL
    The OL is improved, the offense is no longer AP oriented, and the draft hasn't even happened.
    We lost Captain and Flash but who else that played last year are we going to miss?
    Exactly...both guys added value no doubt but are replaceable. Patterson did bring that explosiveness to the KR game but was not a difference maker on offense. Capt for sure will hurt but not enough to make our defense still not top 10. We upgraded our weakest part which was the OL.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123