Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 737
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,396
    Btw we didn't see any video of Jurassic Park. Looks like the buzz around the team is wearing off.

    The crowd was small too in the last home game. I guess the bandwagon fans have lost interest.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    21,279
    Its a hockey town. The leafs are in the playoffs so a lot of fans jumped ship..

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,062
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Btw we didn't get any video of Jurassic Park. Looks like the buzz around the team is wearing off.

    The crowd was small too in the last home game. I guess the bandwagon fans have lost interest.
    Yea you knew that was going to happen. They made the ECF last year and many probably think that they can't go further so they don't bother.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    21,279
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Jack is wondering if the Raps believe they can win. He says he personally thinks they can. What do you guys think? Are we winning this series?
    The way they played they would lose to any team.. they beat themselves and if they keep doing that then who knows.. im gonna stand by my prediction but I'm also going to stop making them lol

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,396
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson:31577812
    Its a hockey town. The leafs are in the playoffs so a lot of fans jumped ship..
    Yeah and all they talk about is the Leafs on radio and tv.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,262
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Btw we didn't see any video of Jurassic Park. Looks like the buzz around the team is wearing off.

    The crowd was small too in the last home game. I guess the bandwagon fans have lost interest.
    I think they cancelled it cuz of lightning..the tailgate party.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:31577813
    Yea you knew that was going to happen. They made the ECF last year and many probably think that they can't go further so they don't bother.
    Yeah the expectations are different now.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,396
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson:31577817
    The way they played they would lose to any team.. they beat themselves and if they keep doing that then who knows.. im gonna stand by my prediction but I'm also going to stop making them lol
    Lol I don't have any expectations now. I'm going to miss next game cuz of work. I just hope when I check the box score, the final score is in our favor.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,396
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet:31577826
    I think they cancelled it cuz of lightning..the tailgate party.
    Oh kk. I was guessing the rain had to do with it but they have come out before in bad weather conditions.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,801
    I don't want to sound overly dramatic but this game will change the Raps and the NBA forever.

    The future of the NBA is Giannis and his young superhero friends - Middleton and Thon.

    The Raptors just ran in to an organization that went super-sayen at the right time and will dominate the NBA in the coming years along with Philly (eventually).

    The Raptors as we know them now are done - its going to a complete rebuild because there's no answering the Bucks and Sixers going forward. We had our small little window; it was short and fun but that's all it was.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,396
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55:31577906
    I don't want to sound overly dramatic but this game will change the Raps and the NBA forever.

    The future of the NBA is Giannis and his young superhero friends - Middleton and Thon.

    The Raptors just ran in to an organization that went super-sayen at the right time and will dominate the NBA in the coming years along with Philly (eventually).

    The Raptors as we know them now are done - its going to a complete rebuild because there's no answering the Bucks and Sixers going forward. We had our small little window; it was short and fun but that's all it was.
    The Bucks don't have Jabari either. The Sixers are still an unknown tho. Embiid hasn't shown he can stay healthy.

    It wouldn't surprise me if the Cavs make quick work of the Bucks if they do advance. And if that does happen, it will be very telling on how far the Raps are from contention.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    44,986
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Its a hockey town. The leafs are in the playoffs so a lot of fans jumped ship..
    this. they'd be getting destroyed by fans/media if the Leafs were still irrelevant. This team is lucky


  13. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,172
    **** Jonas too lol. Dude is playing a real ****** series. I was wrong so far about giving him more touches and tweaking the offense. He has no feel for the game at all, and has no respect fro the refs to boot. The first 3 q's was probably the worse offense display in nba history, no lie.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,287
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    I don't want to sound overly dramatic but this game will change the Raps and the NBA forever.

    The future of the NBA is Giannis and his young superhero friends - Middleton and Thon.

    The Raptors just ran in to an organization that went super-sayen at the right time and will dominate the NBA in the coming years along with Philly (eventually).

    The Raptors as we know them now are done - its going to a complete rebuild because there's no answering the Bucks and Sixers going forward. We had our small little window; it was short and fun but that's all it was.
    It is a bit dramatic .

    But I'd agree the power in the East is about to start tilting and one of the teams gaining the most momentum in that tilt is Milwaukee. Boston has already started gaining steam and they'll definitely be a big influence moving forward too. Philadelphia has load of talent, but their ability to be great might be too reliant on Embiid's health. For Embiid's sake, I hope he remains healthy - he is a very fun player to watch play.

    For the Raps, it is hard to say where this is headed yet. Do they dive head first into the luxury tax while watching younger, cheaper teams pass them by organically? Do they retool? Do their young players have more steps to take still and elevate the ceiling? It remains far to early to tell what will happen - certainly in response to a game. There is no question that Milwaukee has a scary foundation to build off of though.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,801
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    It is a bit dramatic .

    But I'd agree the power in the East is about to start tilting and one of the teams gaining the most momentum in that tilt is Milwaukee. Boston has already started gaining steam and they'll definitely be a big influence moving forward too. Philadelphia has load of talent, but their ability to be great might be too reliant on Embiid's health. For Embiid's sake, I hope he remains healthy - he is a very fun player to watch play.

    For the Raps, it is hard to say where this is headed yet. Do they dive head first into the luxury tax while watching younger, cheaper teams pass them by organically? Do they retool? Do their young players have more steps to take still and elevate the ceiling? It remains far to early to tell what will happen - certainly in response to a game. There is no question that Milwaukee has a scary foundation to build off of though.
    The writing is on the wall as far as I'm concerned.

    I think we've all seen enough. This is starting to look like the Rudy Gay situation i.e a capped out team that thinks its better than it really is.

    Its not just one game - its the nature of all three games. The Bucks are so much more talented than we are and we're basically trying to hang on in order to save face. I think we all knew this team wasn't winning a championship but there was a small glimmer of hope that maybe they could unseat the Cavs if the stars aligned and everything went their way.

    Well the stars HAVE aligned and those stars play for the Milwaukee Bucks!

    We knew this team had some difficult decisions to make at the end of this season but they're loom less and less difficult when you account for what's going on.

    I say dump the entire team save for Poeltl, Norm and Wright. Trade Demar for a pick and let Masai build his own core.

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •