Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Sabres fire GM Murray and HC Bylsma

Sabres fire GM Murray, head coach Bylsma
    http://www.thescore.com/news/1284717
    (via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

Speculation is that it has partly to do with Eichel.

Thoughts?
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

If your franchise player even hints at anything related to not signing a contract extension because of a coach then you have to make a change. Now if Bylsma was successful with the Sabres I'm willing to bet Eichel wouldn't have said anything. The team upgraded on talent, but finished with less points. Coach has to go at that point.

My boss is a huge Sabres fan and he was very happy with the news today. He's been wanting Bylsma out all season long. I think they hire Sutter.

Yeah one of the real weird situations this yeaar.

Quote Originally Posted by RSRobots62:31577285
    If your franchise player even hints at anything related to not signing a contract extension because of a coach then you have to make a change. Now if Bylsma was successful with the Sabres I'm willing to bet Eichel wouldn't have said anything. The team upgraded on talent, but finished with less points. Coach has to go at that point.

My boss is a huge Sabres fan and he was very happy with the news today. He's been wanting Bylsma out all season long. I think they hire Sutter.
    He denied those rumors but I'm guessing there was some truth to it. It's very bizarre how it all turned out.

I haven't liked Eichel's body language and the way he's addressed the media. I realize the team didn't perform to expectation but it seem like he has some maturity issues.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Eichel barely missed out on a $2 million bonus, i`m sure he was sour about that. Bylsma was the perfect coach for Eichel. A guy like Sutter won`t let him run and gun like Bylsma did. Sutter will try and turn him into a 2-way player which might frustrate Eichel further

Tim Murray, love his style but as a GM? He brought in many very questionable players. Eichel is a kid so he`s still learning how to act so i forgive the fact that he`s not media savvy. But then Murray surrounds his franchise player with guys with Kane, who has had off-ice issues, O`Reilly who is a good dude on the ice but a bit of a distraction off-ice and big money to Okposo who was a headache for coaches. Risto, Bogosian and Lehner are good but legit hot-heads and can go psycho at any moment.

The GM is a hot-head, some of the player he brought in are hot-heads... other than O`Reilly, who is the leader there? The two guys you are building around (Eichel and O`Reilly) both ripped the team at the year end presser and one of the said some of the players were just happy to be in the NHL. Eichel will grow into a better leader, and O`Reilly`s contract issue is done so hes fine now but the culture in Buffalo seems to be very confrontational.

And didn`t Tim Murray disrespect Eichel around the draft? I remember him being very vocally upset about losing out on McDavid. I mean, yea, it`s McDavid but you're getting a great player at #2.

Tim Murray would be an excellent TV commentator.