Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lot of spam threads

Any explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Unfortunately the automatic spam filter went down with the hacking we experienced so it comes down to mods manually going through and deleting them/banning the accounts. Please report the spam when you see it and we will take it down.

Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    Unfortunately the automatic spam filter went down with the hacking we experienced so it comes down to mods manually going through and deleting them/banning the accounts. Please report the spam when you see it and we will take it down.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Re-install the spam filter?
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Re-install the spam filter?
    The problem is the spam filter is a third party app, and a third party app like that adds to the vulnerability of the site. SDI made the decision to move away from them after the hack last year.

What's with all the spam by Ktumi in General over the past three hours? The threads aren't locked and he still isn't banned.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Just report it and we can deal with it. Trying to keep up with them, but there are a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    Just report it and we can deal with it. Trying to keep up with them, but there are a ton.
    If there are a ton, then a spam filter would be prudent. Could you install Spam-O-Matic rather than the built-in vBulletin filter? Not my area, so I don't know **** about it, but these ****ers are annoying.
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    If there are a ton, then a spam filter would be prudent. Could you install Spam-O-Matic rather than the built-in vBulletin filter? Not my area, so I don't know **** about it, but these ****ers are annoying.
    I honestly don't know either. A spam filter would definitely be helpful as would making sure new users can't post new threads until they have a certain number of posts. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to fix those problems and those concerns would have to be addressed by the admins/SDI.

So any update on spam filtering?

This has been the worst it's been in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I understand that people are busy and have lives to live outside of this silly site, and having been on both sides of the site I know how it frustrating it can as it seems the job is endless/thankless, but we still have spam threads/posts up from last night in the General Discussions and Introduction forum. I am pretty sure I reported those too.

I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I understand that people are busy and have lives to live outside of this silly site, and having been on both sides of the site I know how it frustrating it can as it seems the job is endless/thankless, but we still have spam threads/posts up from last night in the General Discussions and Introduction forum. I am pretty sure I reported those too.
    This was shared with the Moderators, but I think it's OK to share with the community as well...

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Its a super mod and above priv per SDI

I am at a loss for the spam, when I get home tonight I am going to email SDI because all of the settings for the Recruits account say they cant start threads until 100 posts, yet it is happening every day.
    Mods lost the "Spam-O-Matic" capabilites after SDI updated everything following the hack because it made the systems more succeptible. There are obviously still bugs in the system rules, so hopefully after they (SDI/GRACENOTE) speak with the Admins it will be resolved.

Keep reporting the spam and the few of us that have the rights will spam delete as soon as we are available.

Thanks!

SPAM BLOCKER, *****!!!

Last edited by Timmmahhh; 05-03-2017 at 06:05 PM.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    This was shared with the Moderators, but I think it's OK to share with the community as well...

Mods lost the "Spam-O-Matic" capabilites after SDI updated everything following the hack because it made the systems more succeptible. There are obviously still bugs in the system rules, so hopefully after they (SDI/GRACENOTE) speak with the Admins it will be resolved.

Keep reporting the spam and the few of us that have the rights will spam delete as soon as we are available.

Thanks!

SPAM BLOCKER, *****!!!
    Yeah with this it looks like only Super Mods and above can delete threads as spam, so the number of people who are able to delete them is smaller than the overall pool of mods. So, it will take a bit of time to get rid of them occasionally.

I've already heard back from SDI, and I sent another idea to him just now. They are going to be looking into it for us. I'm really confused that this is happening, because everything is set up so it shouldn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast