Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    See I don't buy that BB walks when Brady does. I think BB wants to cement his legacy and to do that he needs to win after Brady. Why else would he hang so tightly onto Garopollo if he's intent on selling out the future and winning now. It wouldn't add up. Jimmy is his next QB and he's going to need to keep a solid team around him if he wants to be successful post Brady.
    He doesn't need to cement anything lol imo

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    What do you think of Awuzie? I personally love him, but I'm also a Buffs homer lol.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Without looking at King yet he's my third maybe second corner. I love him. After Willis he's my second favorite for gb at 29

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Lol is that ESPN's rank? You can't get a scholly offer with zero stars to UCLA haha
    Yes. Apparently u can if your a big track athlete.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Yes. Apparently u can if your a big track athlete.

Rivals had a ranking.

Was ESPN ranking stuff new then? That might by why.

Rivals had a ranking.

Was ESPN ranking stuff new then? That might by why.
    No clue. Happened to catch it on Twitter and thought it was weird.

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    No clue. Happened to catch it on Twitter and thought it was weird.

I feel like it's relatively new. So I'm just guessing

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It's interesting to me how much drafting the QB position has changed in the last 7-8 years.
    It's changed even more since the 1950s (as almost everything in society has). I saw a guy on an NFL Films show who was a drafter in the 50s who said he took a QB solely based on a photo on a magazine cover. It was one of those semi-corny old timey photos where they have the guy holding a football and posing like he's about to throw it.

The personnel guy thought he had a nice streamlined body, and that's why they took him. Then he said when they got him in training camp, he couldn't throw the ball 10 yards down the field with any accuracy. Using that method, you might as well draft Elle McPhearson or Christy Brinkley. Fortunately, drafting is done very differently now. {LOL}

Somebody in here mentioned T.J. Watt. He's pretty small, isn't he? Jason Taylor of the Dolphins was small too, but was a special talent. Watt may be a little overrated by the media because of who his brother is.

If McKinley was that low of a recruit, UCLA must have a hell of a defensive line coach. It's too bad he's not a huge DT or OL; then they could call him "Mount McKinley".
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 04-20-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    It's changed even more since the 1950s (as almost everything in society has). I saw a guy on an NFL Films show who was a drafter in the 50s who said he took a QB solely based on a photo on a magazine cover. It was one of those semi-corny old timey photos where they have the guy holding a football and posing like he's about to throw it.

The personnel guy thought he had a nice streamlined body, and that's why they took him. Then he said when they got him in training camp, he couldn't throw the ball 10 yards down the field with any accuracy. Using that method, you might as well draft Elle McPhearson or Christy Brinkley. Fortunately, drafting is done very differently now. {LOL}

Somebody in here mentioned T.J. Watt. He's pretty small, isn't he? Jason Taylor of the Dolphins was small too, but was a special talent. Watt may be a little overrated by the media because of who his brother is.

If McKinley was that low of a recruit, UCLA must have a hell of a defensive line coach. It's too bad he's not a huge DT or OL; then they could call him "Mount McKinley".
    I'm thinking more how QBs used to go low floor early, because you knew what you were getting at worst.

As for TJ Watt he's not all that small. 6'4" 255 with 33" arms and IIRC 11" hands.

NOT MY GM

Some people graded tj watt higher than jj watt.

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    As for TJ Watt he's not all that small. 6'4" 255 with 33" arms and IIRC 11" hands.
    I read somewhere that Watt only weighed 220-something. Either he put on weight, or that stat was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Colin Herd made an interesting hot take yesterday in regards to the draft and young players in the NFL post the newest CBA. Of course he used BB as an example so I can't wait for the responses but wanted to get outsiders takes cause his point made some sense.

This is the first year in forever we've seen BB not value draft picks very highly. Which is interesting because in building this dynasty he stashed and stockpiled draft picks as if they were golden tickets. Why the reversal? BB currently doesn't have a 1st, 2nd and possibly 5th round picks (RFA offer to Gillislee).

With the new CBA so tight on when and how much players can practice throughout the season, Herd speculates this has changed BB's view of young players. Without this valuable practice time on the field, BB seems to be opting for veteran players who have experience. He'll still bring in his fair share of late round picks and UDFA's, but the view is, these rookies have little investment so if it takes them longer to develop due to lack of on field practice time, so be it. In the mean time, in order to get the fastest ROI, BB has opted for the vets who can come in with NFL experience, and in theory, get on the field faster and make an impact.

Clearly this is all speculation, but it is interesting to think about. Has this new CBA hurt incoming players? Are they not able to get the practice reps needed to make and impact or develop faster? Paired with a rising cap, is it better to let another team draft and develop the players and wait until they're free agents to then sign a player who's finally ready to make an impact?

That said, this could very well be situational. Maybe BB just thought the #32 pick for Cooks and the #64 pick for Ealy was just too good to pass up. Maybe next year he returns to drafting and stashing picks. Who knows. I just thought it was an interesting take that makes some sense. I hadn't thought about it that way.

BB drafts since new CBA

Updated: April 28th, 2012

1st Round (Pick 21) Chandler Jones (DE, Syracuse)
    1st Round (Pick 25) Dont’a Hightower (LB, Alabama)
    2nd Round (Pick 48) Tavon Wilson (S, Illinois)
    3rd Round (Pick 90) Jake Bequette (DE, Arkansas)
    6th Round (Pick 197) Nate Ebner (DB, Ohio State)
    7th Round (Pick 224) Alfonzo Dennard (CB, Nebraska)
    7th Round (Pick 235) Jeremy Ebert (WR, Northwestern)

Picks traded away:
    2nd Round – (GB – Trade Down)
    3rd Round – (CIN – Trade Up)
    4th Round – (DEN – Trade Up)
    5th Round – (GB – Trade Down)
    7th Round – (KC – Jarrad Page)
    7th Round – (via PHI, to MIN – Randy Moss)
    6th Round – (PHI – Tracy White)
    5th Round – (CIN – Chad Ochocinco)

2nd Round (#52 Overall) – Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss
    2nd Round (#59 Overall) – Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
    3rd Round (#83 Overall) – Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
    3rd Round (#91 Overall) – Duron Harmon, SS, Rutgers
    4th Round (#102 Overall) – Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
    7th Round (#226 Overall) – Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB, Illinois
    7th Round (#235 Overall) – Steve Beauharnais, LB, Rutgers

Picks traded away:
    1st Round – (Vikings – 2013 Picks)
    4th Round – (Bucs – Aqib Talib)
    5th Round – (Redskins – Albert Haynesworth)
    6th Round – (Bengals – Chad Ochocinco)
    7th Round – (Bucs, through Vikings – LeGarrette Blount)

1st Round – Dominique Easley (DL Florida) – 29th Pick
    2nd Round – Jimmy Garoppolo (QB, Eastern Illinois) 62nd Pick
    4th Round – Bryan Stork (OL, Florida State) – 105th Pick
    4th Round – James White (RB, Wisconsin) – 130th Pick
    4th Round – Cameron Fleming (OT, Stanford) – 140th Pick
    6th Round – Jon Halapio (G, Florida) – 179th Pick
    6th Round – Zach Moore (DE, Concoria) – 198th Pick
    6th Round – Jemea Thomas (DB, Georgia Tech) – 206th Pick
    7th Round – Jeremy Gallon (WR, Michigan) – 244th Pick

The following picks have been traded:
    3rd Round (Assigned) – Traded to JAX for 4th and 6th
    5th Round (PHI – Isaac Sopoaga)

1st Round (32nd Overall) – Malcom Brown (DL, Texas)
    2nd Round (64th Overall) – Jordan Richards (DB, Stanford)
    3rd Round (97th Overall, Compensatory) – Geneo Grissom (DE, Oklahoma)
    4th Round (101st Overall, Via TB – Logan Mankins) – Trey Flowers (DE, Arkansas)
    4th Round (111st Overall, Via CLE) – Tre’ Jackson (OL, Florida State)
    4th Round (131st Overall) – Shaq Mason (OL, Georgia Tech)
    5th Round (166th Overall, Via GB) – Joe Cardona (LS, Navy)
    6th Round (177th Overall, Via TB – Jonathan Casillas) – Matthew Wells (LB, Miss State)
    6th Round (202nd Overall, Via CLE) – AJ Derby (TE, Arkansas)
    7th Round (247th Overall, Via GB) – Darryl Roberts (CB, Marshall)
    7th Round (253rd Overall, Compensatory) – Xzavier Dickson (DE/LB, Alabama)

The following pick have been traded away:
    3rd Round (96th Overall – Traded to CLE)
    5th Round (147th Overall, Via CLE – Traded to GB)
    5th Round (Jonathan Casillas)
    6th Round (Akeem Ayers)

7th Round (219th Overall, Via TEN – Akeem Ayers, Traded to CLE)
    7th Round (Greg Salas)

Since 2012 BB has been more apt to trade back in the draft. Or use picks to acquire veteran players. More so than he did the previous 10 years. It's an interesting trend to keep an eye on.
    Interesting opinion to be sure, but the far simpler one I believe is that when Brady stops being good or he retires, the Pats will be hit VERY hard and won't be close to the team that they are now. So Bill is trying to max it out as much as he can.

I used to think that...not anymore..if he hits look the **** out.

That's Aaron Rodgers level throwing ability from all those angles and platforms. With plus athleticism and balls of steel.

I watched everything there is a couple times now. He's my number 1 QB. I expect him to be the first one taken.
    I'm with you on Mahomes. That kid could be special. I think he needs the Chad Pennington/Aaron Rodgers treatment, sit for at least two years with a decent coach/Qb coach and you could have Rodgers 2.0.

The latest rumor is that the Browns (after taking Garrett at 1, as expected) will trade up from 12 to 6, draft Trubisky, and the Jets get picks 12 and 33.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    The latest rumor is that the Browns (after taking Garrett at 1, as expected) will trade up from 12 to 6, draft Trubisky, and the Jets get picks 12 and 33.
    Another is browns trading 12 for jimmy which makes sense in terms of the latest visits on the patriots

#InCaldwellWeTrust

There are some pro media mockers that have Solomon Thomas going as high as #2 to the 49ers. They could use a pass rushing end now that they tweaked their defense to a 4-3 under. (That would keep Thomas in the San Jose suburbs, where he played in college.) But I have a funny feeling that Derek Barnett could wind up being better than both Garrett and Thomas. The Volunteers DE is very athletic.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast