Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 171
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    120,409
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    I like Mahomes as well. His foot work is terrible but to me he has the highest ceiling.

    I'm suprised Joshua Dobbs doesn't get talked about much. I think he has as much potential as any of the other top 7 QBs.
    He has a pretty decent "cult" following if nothing else.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    120,409
    I finally like actually watched tape today.

    Adoree stinks. Needs so much coaching. Shades of Stephen Gilmore maybe...

    Jordan Willis is awesome but doesn't play to his speed. If he can learn to do that...yikes.

    Takkarist looks like nobody ever coached him once. And he still eats people up. He should be pretty good with coaching.

    Still can't get into TJ watt...

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,531
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    naw, the Jags do. He won't make it to the Colts
    Maybe in round 2 but there's 0 reason to believe the jags will take him at 4.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

    #InCaldwellWeTrust

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    120,409

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I finally like actually watched tape today.

    Adoree stinks. Needs so much coaching. Shades of Stephen Gilmore maybe...

    Jordan Willis is awesome but doesn't play to his speed. If he can learn to do that...yikes.

    Takkarist looks like nobody ever coached him once. And he still eats people up. He should be pretty good with coaching.

    Still can't get into TJ watt...
    Takkrist was a 0 star recruit lol. As for Jackson I wouldn't pick him round 1 based on his size and he needs some technique work. I'd go round 3 and start him out as your returner and gradually mix him into the defense

    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TDjacksonville; 04-19-2017 at 10:21 PM.

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

    #InCaldwellWeTrust

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    120,409
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Takkrist was a 0 star recruit lol. As for Jackson I wouldn't pick him round 1 based on his size and he needs some technique work. I'd go round 3 and start him out as your returner and gradually mix him into the defense

    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    Rivals had him 3 after HS and 4 after JUCO from my quick Google search?

    Round 3 would be more than good enough value for Jackson. Might end up a good player. But the way he plays now he would be a train wreck. Oh my does he do a lot of things terribly.

    I just ran a like 6 hour train on mostly corners. Can any of these dudes but Marlon tackle? Some of the stuff Cordrea did was ****ing embarrassing.

    Regardless this corner class is the real deal.

    Lots of different "styles" to choose from too.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,890
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Maybe in round 2 but there's 0 reason to believe the jags will take him at 4.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    There's no chance he's there round 2. At this point I'd say it's more likely that he goes top 5 than him falling to the second round.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Rivals had him 3 after HS and 4 after JUCO from my quick Google search?

    Round 3 would be more than good enough value for Jackson. Might end up a good player. But the way he plays now he would be a train wreck. Oh my does he do a lot of things terribly.

    I just ran a like 6 hour train on mostly corners. Can any of these dudes but Marlon tackle? Some of the stuff Cordrea did was ****ing embarrassing.

    Regardless this corner class is the real deal.

    Lots of different "styles" to choose from too.
    https://twitter.com/Takk/status/852549310759751680. Lol knew I saw 0 star somewhere

    Takk's great escape: The UCLA pass-rusher's remarkable journey http://es.pn/2pySSvN
    via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app
    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

    #InCaldwellWeTrust

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Rivals had him 3 after HS and 4 after JUCO from my quick Google search?

    Round 3 would be more than good enough value for Jackson. Might end up a good player. But the way he plays now he would be a train wreck. Oh my does he do a lot of things terribly.

    I just ran a like 6 hour train on mostly corners. Can any of these dudes but Marlon tackle? Some of the stuff Cordrea did was ****ing embarrassing.

    Regardless this corner class is the real deal.

    Lots of different "styles" to choose from too.
    What do you think of Awuzie? I personally love him, but I'm also a Buffs homer lol.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,624
    Colin Herd made an interesting hot take yesterday in regards to the draft and young players in the NFL post the newest CBA. Of course he used BB as an example so I can't wait for the responses but wanted to get outsiders takes cause his point made some sense.

    This is the first year in forever we've seen BB not value draft picks very highly. Which is interesting because in building this dynasty he stashed and stockpiled draft picks as if they were golden tickets. Why the reversal? BB currently doesn't have a 1st, 2nd and possibly 5th round picks (RFA offer to Gillislee).

    With the new CBA so tight on when and how much players can practice throughout the season, Herd speculates this has changed BB's view of young players. Without this valuable practice time on the field, BB seems to be opting for veteran players who have experience. He'll still bring in his fair share of late round picks and UDFA's, but the view is, these rookies have little investment so if it takes them longer to develop due to lack of on field practice time, so be it. In the mean time, in order to get the fastest ROI, BB has opted for the vets who can come in with NFL experience, and in theory, get on the field faster and make an impact.

    Clearly this is all speculation, but it is interesting to think about. Has this new CBA hurt incoming players? Are they not able to get the practice reps needed to make and impact or develop faster? Paired with a rising cap, is it better to let another team draft and develop the players and wait until they're free agents to then sign a player who's finally ready to make an impact?

    That said, this could very well be situational. Maybe BB just thought the #32 pick for Cooks and the #64 pick for Ealy was just too good to pass up. Maybe next year he returns to drafting and stashing picks. Who knows. I just thought it was an interesting take that makes some sense. I hadn't thought about it that way.

    BB drafts since new CBA

    2012
    Updated: April 28th, 2012

    1st Round (Pick 21) Chandler Jones (DE, Syracuse)
    1st Round (Pick 25) Dont’a Hightower (LB, Alabama)
    2nd Round (Pick 48) Tavon Wilson (S, Illinois)
    3rd Round (Pick 90) Jake Bequette (DE, Arkansas)
    6th Round (Pick 197) Nate Ebner (DB, Ohio State)
    7th Round (Pick 224) Alfonzo Dennard (CB, Nebraska)
    7th Round (Pick 235) Jeremy Ebert (WR, Northwestern)

    Picks traded away:
    2nd Round – (GB – Trade Down)
    3rd Round – (CIN – Trade Up)
    4th Round – (DEN – Trade Up)
    5th Round – (GB – Trade Down)
    7th Round – (KC – Jarrad Page)
    7th Round – (via PHI, to MIN – Randy Moss)
    6th Round – (PHI – Tracy White)
    5th Round – (CIN – Chad Ochocinco)

    2013

    2nd Round (#52 Overall) – Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss
    2nd Round (#59 Overall) – Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
    3rd Round (#83 Overall) – Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
    3rd Round (#91 Overall) – Duron Harmon, SS, Rutgers
    4th Round (#102 Overall) – Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
    7th Round (#226 Overall) – Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB, Illinois
    7th Round (#235 Overall) – Steve Beauharnais, LB, Rutgers

    Picks traded away:
    1st Round – (Vikings – 2013 Picks)
    4th Round – (Bucs – Aqib Talib)
    5th Round – (Redskins – Albert Haynesworth)
    6th Round – (Bengals – Chad Ochocinco)
    7th Round – (Bucs, through Vikings – LeGarrette Blount)


    2014

    1st Round – Dominique Easley (DL Florida) – 29th Pick
    2nd Round – Jimmy Garoppolo (QB, Eastern Illinois) 62nd Pick
    4th Round – Bryan Stork (OL, Florida State) – 105th Pick
    4th Round – James White (RB, Wisconsin) – 130th Pick
    4th Round – Cameron Fleming (OT, Stanford) – 140th Pick
    6th Round – Jon Halapio (G, Florida) – 179th Pick
    6th Round – Zach Moore (DE, Concoria) – 198th Pick
    6th Round – Jemea Thomas (DB, Georgia Tech) – 206th Pick
    7th Round – Jeremy Gallon (WR, Michigan) – 244th Pick

    The following picks have been traded:
    3rd Round (Assigned) – Traded to JAX for 4th and 6th
    5th Round (PHI – Isaac Sopoaga)

    2015

    1st Round (32nd Overall) – Malcom Brown (DL, Texas)
    2nd Round (64th Overall) – Jordan Richards (DB, Stanford)
    3rd Round (97th Overall, Compensatory) – Geneo Grissom (DE, Oklahoma)
    4th Round (101st Overall, Via TB – Logan Mankins) – Trey Flowers (DE, Arkansas)
    4th Round (111st Overall, Via CLE) – Tre’ Jackson (OL, Florida State)
    4th Round (131st Overall) – Shaq Mason (OL, Georgia Tech)
    5th Round (166th Overall, Via GB) – Joe Cardona (LS, Navy)
    6th Round (177th Overall, Via TB – Jonathan Casillas) – Matthew Wells (LB, Miss State)
    6th Round (202nd Overall, Via CLE) – AJ Derby (TE, Arkansas)
    7th Round (247th Overall, Via GB) – Darryl Roberts (CB, Marshall)
    7th Round (253rd Overall, Compensatory) – Xzavier Dickson (DE/LB, Alabama)

    The following pick have been traded away:
    3rd Round (96th Overall – Traded to CLE)
    5th Round (147th Overall, Via CLE – Traded to GB)
    5th Round (Jonathan Casillas)
    6th Round (Akeem Ayers)

    7th Round (219th Overall, Via TEN – Akeem Ayers, Traded to CLE)
    7th Round (Greg Salas)

    Since 2012 BB has been more apt to trade back in the draft. Or use picks to acquire veteran players. More so than he did the previous 10 years. It's an interesting trend to keep an eye on.

    City of Champions

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    39,916
    Or it's just that the window is floating and BB is doesn't want guys he has to develop right now and wants guys that are able to just play.

    PROCESSING

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Or it's just that the window is floating and BB is doesn't want guys he has to develop right now and wants guys that are able to just play.
    Yeah, that's definitely a valid point as well. He's always had the mantra of doing what's best for the team both now and long term. Never sacrificing the long term for the present. Maybe that mantra has changed. Who knows.

    It's interesting though, I'm not so sure that's the case. His early teams were built through the draft and vets at the end of their careers. So there was generally a void on the roster for players ages 26-32. The roster was constructed mainly of players on rookie contracts (20-26 years old) and the vets (33-36 years old) and not much in between.

    BB seems to have gone away from both, opting for players in the primes or entering the primes of their careers. This seems to bode well for both the present and the future. But he's still not paying top dollar for them (outside of a handful). So he's maneuvering his way around the cap through trades. And he's using draft picks to facilitate that. Something he's never done before.
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 04-20-2017 at 07:27 AM.

    City of Champions

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    39,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Yeah, that's definitely a valid point as well. He's always had the mantra of doing what's best for the team both now and long term. Never sacrificing the long term for the present. Maybe that mantra has changed. Who knows.

    It's interesting though, I'm not so sure that's the case. His early teams were built through the draft and vets at the end of their careers. So there was generally a void on the roster for players ages 26-32. The roster was constructed mainly of players on rookie contracts (20-26 years old) and the vets (33-36 years old) and not much in between.

    BB seems to have gone away from both, opting for players in the primes or entering the primes of their careers. This seems to bode well for both the present and the future. But he's still not paying top dollar for them (outside of a handful). So he's maneuvering his way around the cap through trades. And he's using draft picks to facilitate that. Something he's never done before.
    Colin Cowherd is an idiot.

    It's plane and simple to see that BB is just trying to get as many prime players together as possible. His QB is almost 40. He doesn't want to develop players, he wants to win right now.

    Sometimes people want to read too much into what BB does and think that he knows something no one else does...in this case that's not true at all. He's just selling out to get 1 or 2 last SB's. You know the minute Brady walks BB is walking too.

    PROCESSING

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Colin Cowherd is an idiot.

    It's plane and simple to see that BB is just trying to get as many prime players together as possible. His QB is almost 40. He doesn't want to develop players, he wants to win right now.

    Sometimes people want to read too much into what BB does and think that he knows something no one else does...in this case that's not true at all. He's just selling out to get 1 or 2 last SB's. You know the minute Brady walks BB is walking too.
    See I don't buy that BB walks when Brady does. I think BB wants to cement his legacy and to do that he needs to win after Brady. Why else would he hang so tightly onto Garopollo if he's intent on selling out the future and winning now. It wouldn't add up. Jimmy is his next QB and he's going to need to keep a solid team around him if he wants to be successful post Brady.

    City of Champions

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    120,409
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    https://twitter.com/Takk/status/852549310759751680. Lol knew I saw 0 star somewhere

    Takk's great escape: The UCLA pass-rusher's remarkable journey http://es.pn/2pySSvN
    via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app
    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    Lol is that ESPN's rank? You can't get a scholly offer with zero stars to UCLA haha

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •