Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

2017 NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

The 2017 NFL Draft is just a week away so let's start the pre-draft discussion in here. I will create a new thread on Day 1.

This year's NFL Draft will take place in Philadelphia for the first time in the event's history.

The 2017 NFL Draft will take place over three days, from Thursday, April 27 through Saturday, April 29.

Round 1: 8 p.m. ET, Thursday, April 27

Rounds 2-3: 7 p.m. ET, Friday, April 28

Rounds 4-7: Noon ET, Saturday, April 29

ESPN, ESPN2 and NFL Network all will provide live coverage of the 2017 NFL Draft. Online streaming will be available on NFL.com.

2017 NFL Draft order for all seven rounds

8 days!!!!

The Colts need to draft McCaffrey.

That is all.

Yesterday was the first time I heard Patrick Mahomes talk. You can sure tell he's from the South. He may be the next great hillbilly quarterback along the lines of Terry Bradshaw, Brett Favre, and Philip Rivers.

I think Mahomes is half black.

A black hillbilly would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    I think Mahomes is half black.

Lol fantastic

Mahomes is massively overrated.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Mahomes is massively overrated.
    I used to think that...not anymore..if he hits look the **** out.

That's Aaron Rodgers level throwing ability from all those angles and platforms. With plus athleticism and balls of steel.

I watched everything there is a couple times now. He's my number 1 QB. I expect him to be the first one taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I used to think that...not anymore..if he hits look the **** out.

That's Aaron Rodgers level throwing ability from all those angles and platforms. With plus athleticism and balls of steel.

I watched everything there is a couple times now. He's my number 1 QB. I expect him to be the first one taken.
    I still got a 3rd round grade. Runs from phantom pressure. Doesn't take the easy check downs. Takes some unnecessary risks with the ball.

PROCESSING

I still got a 3rd round grade. Runs from phantom pressure. Doesn't take the easy check downs. Takes some unnecessary risks with the ball.
    Well I don't really care about your grades. You compared Peppers to Adoree

I see the flaws but oh wow is there a lot of arm talent there. Not just strength. That's a Gumby arm. People call it sloppy. It's beautiful. Especially if it can be refined.

Lots of the same flaws lots of young guys have but crazy talent there. I'd take the risk over the other guys all day.
    Last edited by Norm; 04-19-2017 at 12:20 PM.

I personally don't see a 1st round QB out of the bunch.

You know who else had a big arm and similar flaws? Kyle Boller.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Lovie Smith.

Black, white, or both, it doesn't matter -- as long Mahomes doesn't say "Where are my other two wide receivers?" the first time he lines up in rookie camp (he played in a run-and-shoot system in Lubbock).
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 04-19-2017 at 12:56 PM.

I personally don't see a 1st round QB out of the bunch.

You know who else had a big arm and similar flaws? Kyle Boller.
    It's not about arm strength. His arm talent overall is insane. It's not about lazy comparisons to busts either.

Not thinking he's first round seems fine. Third round seems like you're trying too hard for hot takes.

You'll probably end up vindicated though. There's pretty decent bust potential there that will make a third round grade look better than me long term. Odds in your favor.

But that Gumby arm and the ease at which he slings from all angles and positions is nuts. That's insanely rare. And he's a pretty good athlete.

Surprising and daring throws, risk taker, athletic -- sounds like Brett Favre to me. Favre's had a cannon arm, which allowed him to extend plays and complete passes while running (without having his feet set). Mahomes will be very affective if he can do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Surprising and daring throws, risk taker, athletic -- sounds like Brett Favre to me. Favre's had a cannon arm, which allowed him to extend plays and complete passes while running (without having his feet set). Mahomes will be very affective if he can do the same.
    He certainly has a cannon. I think the Favre mentality with him is a little overblown. But it's there. It feels a little too hivemind to me.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast