Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    At the end of the day the jokes, puns, and memes are not funny. Was the guy an angel? No. He was however a human being who may have made some serious mistakes in his life. He was someones son, and someones family... as a human it's embarrassing for our species when someone taking their own life becomes a joke. (I'm as far from liberal as one can be).
    Pats fans defend anything.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Oh goddamnit. Gawwwddamnit.
    Lolol

At the end of the day the jokes, puns, and memes are not funny. Was the guy an angel? No. He was however a human being who may have made some serious mistakes in his life. He was someones son, and someones family... as a human it's embarrassing for our species when someone taking their own life becomes a joke. (I'm as far from liberal as one can be).
    Hitler was someone's son and someone's family too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    He didn't play for New England though.

Was Hitler an angel....well no but

6. 04-20-2017, 10:19 AM
    Reason
    Unnecessary

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Pats fans defend anything.

I mean not all Pats fans like hanging around doing nothing so...

He didn't play for New England though.
    They were his favorite team.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Ruling in the cell stands.

Hernandez did not get both feet down in time.
    Lmao

Wrong. They are funny as hell.

He may have made some serious mistakes in his life? No, we here have all made some serious mistakes in our lives. This idiot was an embarrassment of a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19191608

Lawyers were optimistic about Hernandez appeal ESPN senior writer Ian O'Connor describes conversations with Aaron Hernandez's lawyers following his recent double-murder acquittal and their feeling that they could get his murder conviction of Odin Lloyd overturned.

http://news.wgbh.org/2017/04/19/news...yd-murder-case

As news of Aaron Hernandez’s death this morning reverberated across Massachusetts, it inevitably generated a simple question: why now? A jury had just acquitted him of murder charges related to the shooting death of two men in the South End. What’s more, he’d assembled a top-notch legal team, led by Jose Baez of Florida and Harvard Law professor Ronald Sullivan, that could potentially assist in challenging his 2015 homicide conviction for the death of Odin Lloyd.

Hernandez had an automatic right to appeal his murder conviction to the highest court in Massachusetts, the Supreme Judicial Court. A well-regarded team of appellate attorneys at Thompson & Thompson was in the process of representing him in that appeal.

http://www.pattisblog.com/index.php?...on-Appeal_6780

There was no evidence Hernandez actually shot Lloyd. There needn’t have been, under Massachusetts law. In the Bay State, you can be found guilty of murder if you participate in a joint venture with others. A defendant must be aware that another intended to commit the crime and he must share the intention to commit the crime. One needn’t be the triggerman to be guilty of murder, but one does need a guilty mind.

Yet this jury concluded that Hernandez was not involved in premeditated murder. In other words, the jury concluded that he did not plan this killing. How, then, did he intend to cause it? How did he know it was about to take place?

There’s something downright squirrely about the Hernandez verdict.

At the close of the state’s case, the defense moved for something called a judgment of acquittal. In legalspeak, that was a request that the judge conclude that no reasonable juror could find the evidence presented by the state sufficient to convict. Had the motion been granted, the case would have ended then and there.

The trial judge denied the motion, concluding, at that point, that the jury could find Hernandez premeditated the killing, and was involved in an extremely atrocious or cruel act. Despite the lack of a confession, a weapon, and a motive, the court concluded that the circumstantial evidence in this case might be sufficient to support a conviction — it was up to the jury to connect the dots offered by the state.

All the state proved was that three men were present when Lloyd was shot. We still have no idea who the shooter was. Because the jury rejected the premeditation claim, it is hard to know how the jury concluded that there was a joint venture. Hernandez could well have stood by while a co-defendant shot Lloyd dead. Merely being present at a crime scene is not proof of knowledge and intent.
    Curious but if all three were there when Lloyd was killed how could that not be a joint venture between the three? Are you suggesting that a bullet (and it's casing) just fell out of the sky and Lloyd is the unluckiest man in the world and just happened to be standing in the wrong place at the right time? And if he wasn't involved why didn't he immediately call the cops?

He had it all ... and threw it all away
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

http://www.myplacetocreate.com/wp-co...g-in-there.jpg

Anyone see the card Kraft sent to Hernandez last week?

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Seriously. If you cant laugh at Hernandez killing himself then you should kill yourself.
    I'm joining this party late and maybe this quote is completely out of context but this is the first one I see on my page.

This is arguably the dumbest statement I have read in quite some time.

Alright I'm not going to write anymore because there has got to be more to this that I just haven't read yet.

Ahh, you're right... Hitler and Hernandez are on the same level of evil. The mass extermination of 6million+ men, women, and children compared to the murder of 1.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Seriously. If you cant laugh at Hernandez killing himself then you should kill yourself.
    Dumb comment... death is in no way comical.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast