Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxPatsCeltsBs View Post
    Sweet! Now the 3 jerseys I held onto are more valuable...

cash rules everything around me
    You haven't sold those yet? They were worth crazy money not long ago.

Nope. One was bought by my late father and the other two I wanna save for my kids when they get older.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxPatsCeltsBs View Post
    Nope. One was bought by my late father and the other two I wanna save for my kids when they get older.
    lol.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/06a4f54...6-7bf1da281fa2

He spilled a drink on himself?

These legal opinions are brought to you by PSD's Legal Counsel and Associates.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    These legal opinions are brought to you by PSD's Legal Counsel and Associates.
    Where teenagers defend each other's illegal rights.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Rad_Racing View Post
    He spilled a drink on himself?
    You win

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

good ****ing ****... Saves tax payers some dollars and opens up a free hole for another criminal and stops wasting media time on this idiot... People on first take and so on said thy get it but he has family and we should be sympathetic...

I wish his family the best but guess what... he is a monster and good riddance... i feel sorry for the families that constantly have had to deal with the media ******** hearing this clowns name day in and day out while having lost their sons because of this monster.. I am not sure if there is a hell and I dont care either way but part of me hopes there is just so a guy like this doesnt get the get out of jail free card that is death... this is why I hate the death penalty esp lethal injection... if we are going to give someone the death penalty we need to make that **** hurt... never tell them when its going to happen until the month before it happens so they suffer thinking about it instead of allowing them to sit on death row for years and find god or some **** and when the time comes they get a lethal injection and go to sleep... GTFO.

Sounds like he probably did this so that he's no longer a convicted felon which forces the Pats to have to pay his bonuses to his estate and so that his estate can receive his pension from the NFL.

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

One less mouth to feed, score one for the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19191608

Lawyers were optimistic about Hernandez appeal ESPN senior writer Ian O'Connor describes conversations with Aaron Hernandez's lawyers following his recent double-murder acquittal and their feeling that they could get his murder conviction of Odin Lloyd overturned.

http://news.wgbh.org/2017/04/19/news...yd-murder-case

As news of Aaron Hernandezís death this morning reverberated across Massachusetts, it inevitably generated a simple question: why now? A jury had just acquitted him of murder charges related to the shooting death of two men in the South End. Whatís more, heíd assembled a top-notch legal team, led by Jose Baez of Florida and Harvard Law professor Ronald Sullivan, that could potentially assist in challenging his 2015 homicide conviction for the death of Odin Lloyd.

Hernandez had an automatic right to appeal his murder conviction to the highest court in Massachusetts, the Supreme Judicial Court. A well-regarded team of appellate attorneys at Thompson & Thompson was in the process of representing him in that appeal.

http://www.pattisblog.com/index.php?...on-Appeal_6780

There was no evidence Hernandez actually shot Lloyd. There neednít have been, under Massachusetts law. In the Bay State, you can be found guilty of murder if you participate in a joint venture with others. A defendant must be aware that another intended to commit the crime and he must share the intention to commit the crime. One neednít be the triggerman to be guilty of murder, but one does need a guilty mind.

Yet this jury concluded that Hernandez was not involved in premeditated murder. In other words, the jury concluded that he did not plan this killing. How, then, did he intend to cause it? How did he know it was about to take place?

Thereís something downright squirrely about the Hernandez verdict.

At the close of the stateís case, the defense moved for something called a judgment of acquittal. In legalspeak, that was a request that the judge conclude that no reasonable juror could find the evidence presented by the state sufficient to convict. Had the motion been granted, the case would have ended then and there.

The trial judge denied the motion, concluding, at that point, that the jury could find Hernandez premeditated the killing, and was involved in an extremely atrocious or cruel act. Despite the lack of a confession, a weapon, and a motive, the court concluded that the circumstantial evidence in this case might be sufficient to support a conviction ó it was up to the jury to connect the dots offered by the state.

All the state proved was that three men were present when Lloyd was shot. We still have no idea who the shooter was. Because the jury rejected the premeditation claim, it is hard to know how the jury concluded that there was a joint venture. Hernandez could well have stood by while a co-defendant shot Lloyd dead. Merely being present at a crime scene is not proof of knowledge and intent.
    I'm an attorney myself. I find none of what you posted compelling, I'm not going to get into all of the reasons why, but will simply say it's simplistic thinking aimed at getting their preconceived not guilty mindset across to the non legal public.

As to this representing legal expertise to an actual attorney......bwa. ha. Ha. Ha.
    Last edited by TheVicster; 04-19-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Sounds like he probably did this so that he's no longer a convicted felon which forces the Pats to have to pay his bonuses to his estate and so that his estate can receive his pension from the NFL.
    Still a convicted felon from the gun charges though?

I was linked to an article this morning that says the pension won't transfer too. I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    I'm an attorney myself. I find none of what you posted compelling, I'm not going to get into all of the reasons why, but will simply say it's simplistic thinking aimed at getting their preconceived not guilty mindset across to the non legal public.

As to this representing legal expertise to an actual attorney......bwa. ha. Ha. Ha.
    Is your specialty Bird Law?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Is your specialty Bird Law?
    I specialize in correcting fallacious "legal" opinions on the interwebz.

It's a little known legal specialty, much needed though given today's plethora of "law" television programming where every murder needs DNA evidence, a smoking gun, and independent forensic analysis before anyone can be found guilty of anything

Top of my class, editor in chief of my schools law journal

Can I draft him next year or what

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    I specialize in correcting fallacious "legal" opinions on the interwebz.

It's a little known legal specialty, much needed though given today's plethora of "law" television programming where every murder needs DNA evidence, a smoking gun, and independent forensic analysis before anyone can be found guilty of anything

Top of my class, editor in chief of my schools law journal
    Here, let me pat you on the back so you don't have to do it yourself

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast