Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Bucks/Raptors Keys

Game 1 is in the books, as our Milwaukee Bucks handled the Toronto Raptors, IN TORONTO. Stealing game 1 was huge, as we took their home court advantage away. However, there is lots of basketball left to be played. I believe the Bucks bench, the second best in the NBA behind the Spurs, will have to outplay the Raptors the rest of the way. What do you guys think?

http://www.armchairallamericans.com/...-past-raptors/

Lot of keys. 1) Giannis scoring 25-plus. 2) Middleton was great in every other facet but needs to help Giannis out with scoring load. 3.) Continue to make DeRozan-Lowry inefficient. Example 30 shots to get to 35 points. 4. Brogdon/Moose combo helping with said scoring load. 5.) Role player like Delly/Snell in double digits. 6. Bucks bigs matching Ibaka-Valun. numbers. or close to it. 7. Don't let role player like Carrol or Joseph go off for 20. 8. Delly/Brogdon continue to match Lowry-Joseph lineup and prevent them from getting crowd or team into it.

I agree with all of that, I was just hitting a main focus. Raptors starters beat the Bucks starters in every facet of the game IMO, other than Giannis>DeRozan, which is why I say bench needs to be huge.

Defense for the Bucks is the biggest aspect. Thon's blocks were so big to ignite the start of the second half and getting out and running in transition.

I agree with pack, it's all about the defense. If we shut down Toronto like we did in the 2nd half, the offense doesn't have to play very well to win. Plus the defense creates easy offense, especially the forced turnovers which lead to fast break opportunities.

The Bucks' defense really gets a break this series in that the biggest weakness is when teams make multiple passes quickly against the Bucks aggressive defense. The Raptors aren't a good passing team with a lot of P&R and ISO-ball. The Raptors assist on just 47 percent of their FGs the lowest in the NBA. If the Bucks can force Lowry or DeRozan to struggle again in G2 and get up on shooters, I like their chances to at least make each game close.

Lowry coming back from injury and a bit rusty. Also known to be a choker in playoffs. So all in all Raptors could be a one man team of DD. Their coach doesn't get Val going early. Ibaka seems on the decline. That team is a bit dull for a playoff team. Also their in a bad predicament this offseason with free agents of Lowry and Ibaka. Also already have DD on the max. Also Carroll seems to be a bad signing. Poeltl could be good as well as Powell and Joseph. But beyond that meh.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Lowry coming back from injury and a bit rusty. Also known to be a choker in playoffs. So all in all Raptors could be a one man team of DD. Their coach doesn't get Val going early. Ibaka seems on the decline. That team is a bit dull for a playoff team. Also their in a bad predicament this offseason with free agents of Lowry and Ibaka. Also already have DD on the max. Also Carroll seems to be a bad signing. Poeltl could be good as well as Powell and Joseph. But beyond that meh.
    Agree on Lowry and Carroll. But the rest not sure. Val is someone if Raps bring Ibaka back I'd look to deal for if I am the Bucks if Monroe opts out. Anyway I think Ibaka has shown pretty well in Toronto, believe 19-14 in Game 1. Played pretty well. Poeltl, Powell seem pretty blah to me. Joseph is good in his role but not much more than a backup PG.

I said even in the regular season I would like this matchup with Toronto in the playoffs. Bucks match up pretty good at every position. Lowry not a quick guy so Bucks PGs can stay in front.

I wouldn't mind Val if Moose bolts for a Kings ransom. What would the Raptors want from us? I bet they would want Brogdon or Maker or our pick at #17. Val fits the old price range of Moose.

Jonas Valanciunas $14,382,023 $15,460,675 $16,539,326 $17,617,976

Val has 3 years left after this season. Final year player option. Maybe get lucky and Raptors miss Biyombo so much we get a 3 way? But with Hennigan fired. Doubt Magic wants Telly now. Unless it be more less a Raptors salary dump if they have to over pay to keep Lowry and Ibaka. Seems Val could be odd man out. For a starting center his minutes are all over the place. Also coach doesn't get him involved some games like he's forgotten man or something.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamel...as-valanciunas

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto_raptors/

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/milwaukee_bucks/

Exactly. I think the Raptors against the Bucks do need to play Ibaka more when Moose is on the floor as you'd think that present problems for Moose away from the basket. But idk. I think Val plays pretty well and when he gets minutes is a pretty good bet for a dbl-dbl. I really don't know what they'd want. Maybe Henson/Snell s&t for Val & throw-in

Not 100% positive but a sign and trade player has to be packaged solo? Yeah you can get more guys back going based on the old sign and trade of Jennings for Knight and Middleton. Would you cough up #17 and either Henson or Telly or Delly for Val?

Jonas Valanciunas $14,382,023 $15,460,675 $16,539,326 $17,617,976

John Henson $12,267,606 $11,422,536 $10,577,466 $9,732,396
    Mirza Teletovic $10,500,000 $10,500,000 $10,500,000
    Matthew Dellavedova $9,607,500 $9,607,500 $9,607,500 $9,607,500

My guess they think Henson is similar to Biyombo? I just hate parting with picks though. Unless we do some wheeling and dealing and get a extra first? Pistons wanna dump Jackson real bad. Maybe if Moose bolts we eat Jackson for Pistons first round at #12? They probably rather have a pick swap. But Jackson is a big contract and more less a Knight which we already had. Also injury prone.

Reggie Jackson $14,956,522 $16,000,000 $17,043,478 $18,086,956

3 years left. Then our pick of #17 and either Henson or Delly or Telly for Val? Thing is Jackson be on the bench behind Brogdon. Unless we shift Brogdon to SG if we let Snell walk. Also Jackson isn't that exciting. I just thought of it as a salary dump. But highly doubt Pistons wanna give up #12 lottery pick but who knows? But letting Moose walk and eating Jackson and trading for Val we be over the cap most likely. Unless we get lucky with a few teams taking on a Henson or Telly or Delly in other side trades to trim payroll. But that's asking for a miracle. But we did unload Plumlee. So there's always hope. ha ha haha ah