Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Roberson is one of the best wing defenders in the league. Harden is still scoring 33 a game during the series, almost 40 prior to last game. He'll score no matter what. But they have no one who can score outside of Westbrook. Oladipo is their next best offensive player, but it's been really easy to defend him because the Rockets have one extra defender to help. I think you can live with one or two really bad defenders if they can make up on the other end, but a wing who can't shoot? That just screws up the whole offense these days. They are trying to go the post, but neither Gibson or Adams are as good as Kanter.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

Not pretty, but I'll take it. Poor execution down the stretch, again. Some thinks to work on for Round 2. Luckly they'll have some time.

Pathetic officiating. About 100 phantom calls on Westbrook. But not more pathetic than Reggie Miller's commentating. Why didn't I watch on Root? Absolutely laughable. He'll probably get home and take a shower thinking about his boy Russ.

And Roberson. There are 5-foot fans shooting better than Roberson at the FT line for prizes during timeouts. How can a professional NBA wing player go 3-21 from the line in a 5-game series?

Anyway, best game of the series by Capela. Some really solid rim-protection on this one. Beverley also had a fine bounce-back game. And Anderson and Ariza both struggling. Again. Not that worried about them, though. Anderson will find his shot eventually. Didn't really have quality looks tonight.

Oh, and Louis Williams. Professional scorer.

Yeah, I was really proud of the way the Rockets won this series. Because they won all year long with the 3-pointer, and all season long, doubters said that they wouldn't be able to win games if they didn't get the perimeter shots to fall. Well, Houston was pretty consistently awful from the 3-point line the entire series, and both Anderson and Ariza (who went 0-8 I think on Tuesday) were just downright useless offensively. And the Rockets still won this thing in 5 games.

Harden was hit or miss, but I thought he consistently outplayed Westbrook in the 4th quarter of games throughout the entire series and that he was the more efficient offensive player even when his shots weren't falling. But if I'm giving props to guys for stepping up, it has to go to Lou Will, Nene and Beverley. And I pretty much expected this from Nene and Beverley, as they pretty consistently stepped up late in big games throughout the season. But who saw this coming from Lou Will? The guy was absolutely unstoppable and was often the Rockets catalyst when they were struggling offensively, particularly midway through the first quarter and at the start of the 4th. Houston would definitely still be playing in this series and could feasibly be down right now against OKC if it wasn't for Lou Will. He earned his paycheck and more than justified Morey's deal with his performance over these 5 games.

Moving forward, though, things are going to get much tougher. And the Rockets aren't going to be able to get by playing such sloppy basketball and missing so many wide open looks. If the shooters don't wake up, I could see San Antonio winning that series fairly easily. There's still an outside shot Memphis could upset them and win these last two, which would make the next round a much easier series, IMO. But I just don't see it happening.

The good news is that I think the next series begins next Monday from what I've heard, which means Harden gets to rest his ankle and this team gets a headstart on gameplanning for their next round opponent. They should be fresh to start that next series, and hopefully they'll come out with more energy than they did at the start of games in this series.

"He looked up and said to me 'no one can guard me, I've got 40 points'. And I'm like, that's nice... [looks to box score on the table]. Took 34 shots to get it. I'm not trying to bash him, I'm not, but men lie, women lie, numbers don't".

Beverley on Westbrook. Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njj5C35B57s

According to ESPN, Westbrook shot 7-27 with 5 TOs when guarded by Beverley during the series.

Speaking of ESPN, the Rockets eliminate the Thunder in 5 games, yet there about 15 articles and videos in their main page about Westbrook's season and his future in OKC. Nothing about Houston. Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    "He looked up and said to me 'no one can guard me, I've got 40 points'. And I'm like, that's nice... [looks to box score on the table]. Took 34 shots to get it. I'm not trying to bash him, I'm not, but men lie, women lie, numbers don't".

Beverley on Westbrook. Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njj5C35B57s

According to ESPN, Westbrook shot 7-27 with 5 TOs when guarded by Beverley during the series.

Speaking of ESPN, the Rockets eliminate the Thunder in 5 games, yet there about 15 articles and videos in their main page about Westbrook's season and his future in OKC. Nothing about Houston. Okay.
    I saw that video on Clutchfans this morning and watched it like three times in a row. Freaking hilarious. I love Pat Bev to death.

And, yeah, the Westbrook love has gotten beyond a little ridiculous. Hopefully the Thunder talk will die down in a few days once there are no more Westbrook storylines to overanalyze and the focus comes back to Round 2 of the playoffs. The nice thing about facing either San Antonio or Memphis is that neither team could be remotely viewed as media darlings.

When James Calls, You Pick Up

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/er...den-sixth-man/

Nice read, but he never calls me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12