Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1: Blues vs. Wild

Allen steals Game 1 with 51-save performance
    ST. PAUL - Joel Edmundson scored in overtime, but it was Jake Allen who won the game.

Allen made 51 saves on Wednesday night - the fourth-most ever by a Blues goaltender in a playoff game - to help the Blues to a dramatic 2-1 overtime victory in Game 1 against Minnesota.

Only Curtis Joseph (61 saves and 57 saves) and Ed Staniowski (54 saves) have posted more.

"I don't know that I really can (describe it)," Blues Head Coach Mike Yeo said of Allen's 51-save effort. "I've had time to think about it, too. Phenomenal performance. That's about all I can say against a team that really challenges you, not only obviously the quality of scoring chances, but the pressure at the net. The way he controlled shots, situations, rebounds, the puck, it was obviously an impressive performance."

Asked to recall his favorite Allen save from Game 1, Edmundson said he couldn't.

"I can't count on that both hands to be honest," he said after the game. "He made about 20 remarkable saves."

Press PLAY to see a highlight reel of some of Allen's big moments from Game 1.
    https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/allen...ce/c-288750192

Projected Lineup: Game 2 at Wild

ST. PAUL - The Blues will make a few lineup changes for tonight's Game 2, which begins at 7 p.m. at Xcel Energy Center in Minnesota (FSMW, NBCSN, Y98 FM).

Defenseman Robert Bortuzzo will return to the lineup after missing six games with an undisclosed injury. Bortuzzo was injured on March 31 against Colorado.

"He was playing really well for us when he was in the lineup," Blues Head Coach Mike Yeo said of Bortuzzo. "Since the (Kevin) Shattenkirk trade, his role increased. He's a big body, veteran guy... He's got a little nastiness to his game."

Bortuzzo is expected to take Jordan Schmaltz's spot in the lineup.

Up front, Alexander Steen will play tonight despite not skating with his teammates during Friday morning's practice. Yeo also said Zach Sanford would play tonight, marking his first career playoff appearance.

Yeo did not say which forward Sanford will replace.

Here is a projected lineup:

Forwards

Jaden Schwartz - Ivan Barbashev - Vladimir Tarasenko
    Magnus Paajarvi - Patrik Berglund - David Perron
    Vladimir Sobotka - Jori Lehtera - Alexander Steen
    Scottie Upshall - Kyle Brodziak - Ryan Reaves
    ADD: Zach Sanford

Defense

Jay Bouwmeester - Alex Pietrangelo
    Joel Edmundson - Colton Parayko
    Carl Gunnarsson - Robert Bortuzzo

Goalie