Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It will be interesting to see how long Gobert is out for. Favors played pretty well, but it looked like he was hobbling around by the end of the game. i dont' think his knee is quite right still and i don't know if he can handle that many minutes.

Withey always seems to play well, so he will definitely see some minutes, even though that wasn't planned. I don't think Diaw can increase his minutes, he doesn't have the conditioning. Johnson played well with increased minutes, but not sure he can keep up that many minutes playing against Blake for an entire series.

I am curious if we see Bolomboy at all this sears to help out with rebounding and defense. Hopefully Gobert comes back and our other guys stay healthy and can handle the minutes. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some minutes here and there to give others a rest because of his ability to rebound and defend.

I think that there might be a chance we actually see Gobert back in this series which I didn't think would be possible after seeing the injury.
    Last edited by dhopisthename; 04-16-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Yeah, saying it's just a hyper extension and a bone bruise....dodged a bullet on that one. I hope the boys come out ready and aren't content with stealing one and going back home 1-1. All the pressure is on the Clips now so we need to keep the pressure on them and try to bring it home to close it out.

Gobert was walking out of the stadium. One reporter said he saw Gobert hop around after the game, so I think it's not bad.

Thank heavens he's able to move on his own. I don't want to rush him. We already stole homecourt away from them, let's avoid bringing him back too soon. I say game 4 at the earliest. If we can take a game in LA without him, I'm pretty sure we can take game 3 without him in one of the more hostile environments in the league.

Well luckily a bone bruise means he can't injure it more by playing on it. So if he decides he wants to play they can load him up with drugs to dull the pain. If he can handle the pain I say bring him back on Friday (I think that's the first home game?) Whatever that day is. Even if he only plays a few minutes it will be intimidating for the Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    Thank heavens he's able to move on his own. I don't want to rush him. We already stole homecourt away from them, let's avoid bringing him back too soon. I say game 4 at the earliest. If we can take a game in LA without him, I'm pretty sure we can take game 3 without him in one of the more hostile environments in the league.
    I wanna see them take game 2 as well! Keep the pressure on them, we have them in a bad spot, no need to let em off the ropes.

As long as Quinn and company knows that every game is more difficult than the last than I think we'll be good. In the interviews all the players said we need to focus and play harder next game and fix some things. If they keep that attitude than we have a shot at beating them again. Especially from what it looked like last night, the Clippers just stopped doing things in the 4th quarter. That's good for us.

Jordan just killed us. Really missed Gobert out there tonight. Don't forget that his screens allow Hayward to get better shots.

Yeah, that was a really terrible defensive effort. They lived in the paint all night. Jordan just did whatever he wanted. Favors and Whithey just didn't provide much resistance. Hopefully we get a little better defensive effort at home and Hayward and Hill can shoot a little better. If we get one of those super efficient games from Hayward we can beat these guys even without Gobert but 5-15 ain't gonna cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Yeah, that was a really terrible defensive effort. They lived in the paint all night. Jordan just did whatever he wanted. Favors and Whithey just didn't provide much resistance. Hopefully we get a little better defensive effort at home and Hayward and Hill can shoot a little better. If we get one of those super efficient games from Hayward we can beat these guys even without Gobert but 5-15 ain't gonna cut it.
    yeah Favors biggest flaw has always been he isn't a center. it has never worked for him when he has to play against big centers and Jordan is probably the biggest or at the very least the most athletic. You can try all you want, but if the guy you are boxing out is bigger and stronger then you there isn't much you can do. Lets hope the Jazz can do something so Jordan doesn't get so many easy dunks. the worrying thing is that we shot 40% from 3 and the clippers only shot 30%. The reality is that most of our issues would be immediately fixed by having Gobert out there, but even if he is out there he won't be anywhere near 100%.

Gobert has officially been ruled out for game 3. Still game to game decision, and they're unsure about game 4.

wow the clippers are getting all the calls in the 3rd quarter. They are destroying the jazz on pick and rolls and when the jazz do the same thing its a foul.

thats game. Jazz couldn't respond to the clippers physicality and letting the defenders just hand off of them.

We just completely stopped scoring and gave Chris Paul the game. We need to stop Paul somehow. I don't know how, but it's gotta be done. If we don't win the next game than I don't think Gobert is going to play this year in the playoffs.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast