Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which Team Wins, and How Many Games Does it Take?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bulls in 4-5 Games

1 6.67%
  • Bulls in 6-7 Games

8 53.33%
  • Celtics in 4-5 Games

3 20.00%
  • Celtics in 6-7 Games

3 20.00%
Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    Regardless of how fans consider 'upper echelon' or 'contender teams', as a Bulls fan, I am glad the Bulls aren't as dysfunctional as the Knicks. That Carmelo contract is a mess and Knicks will be hard pressed to find a willing trading partner and value for him. A one dimensional player (albeit an unbelievable offensive player)' with $30M a year, minimal team success, ball stopper who needs an offense catered and centered around him despite the lack of team success isn't worth it for many teams, including the Bulls.

Would rather get a younger and cheaper player, even a few of them for Bulls than giving up a lot for Carmelo and thus stunting any team growth.
    That makes total sense. I'm looking at it from the perspective of trying to build a legitimate contender around Butler while he's in his superstar prime. It might be tricky trying to establish "team growth" at a pace that matches Butler's prime and offsets Wade's age related diminishing ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Yeah, giving Melo that no trade clause still leaves me befuddled. No idea why Phil did that.

I don't really see much on the free agent market right now. Do you guys have the cap to go after Griffin? Otherwise, I suppose Ibaka is a good fit but he's not enough to put you guys over the top into the elite echelon IMO.
    I think if we let Niko walk, and brought in Ibaka, we'd still be able to add another piece. Ibaka is one of those players that really steps it up for the playoffs. He's also a perfect at the 4 for us. Butler/Ibaka/Rolo would be elite defensively.

Ideally Wade opts out and resigns for a 2 year 3rd year player option deal. I'm cool with picking up Rondo's option. Spend on Ibaka and bring in Collison to play backup PG.

Rondo/Wade/Butler/Ibaka/Rolo vs Kyrie/JR/Lebron/Love/Tristan

I'd like to think our starters could keep up with theirs, and our bench would be deeper. The Cavs are still the team to beat in the East, and they are ripe for the taking. Rolo and Tristan is a good matchup. Ibaka and Tristan is a good matchup. Butler and Bron is a good matchup. Rondo/Wade vs Kyrie/JR we lose out a little, but that is where our bench picks up the slack.

Rondo has looked real good this series still want him gone after the season is over. Not going to let small sample sizes get in the way of what he really is. Better options available our perimeter isn't good enough at shooting to allow him to stay if we want to contend for a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    That makes total sense. I'm looking at it from the perspective of trying to build a legitimate contender around Butler while he's in his superstar prime. It might be tricky trying to establish "team growth" at a pace that matches Butler's prime and offsets Wade's age related diminishing ability.
    I don't think Wade makes or breaks us. Just like with Melo, there are cheaper options that can do what we need.

The amount of bs I've been getting since the final week of the regular season rooting for my team is laughable. I had sooo many people disrespecting my bulls but now I'm just waiting on us to close this series and I'm going to get the last haha

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    No, im talking about the 42% from the field and 0% from the 3 since the playoffs started.
    I mean that's a two game sample size and he's been praised across the league for how he has played for the last month and a half or so. Not sure why you think a 2 game sample size (and in those two games he has played well overall) means anything compared to the larger one where he continued to play well and shoot well too.

Quote Originally Posted by KH12 View Post
    11.5 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 10 APG, 3.5 SPG, and most importantly, 2 Ws.

I can live with it.
    Exactly.

Yeah you can't discount Rondo's defense in these last 2 games. He's been awesome. Jumping passing lanes and starting breaks like Prime Rondo again. It's been fun to see.

Rondo out indefinitely with a fractured thumb smh.

Unreal

This should make everyone happy since everyone hates Rondo...

How the hell long does this last? Jerian Grant better step his **** up!!!

Well I was starting to lean towards a sweep but it's looking like Bulls in 6 now.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Wow. This could be a hard blow, rondo has played like our best player these past 2 games controlling the game.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I'd start MCW who's better suited in that role, and bring Grant off the bench. Also Denzel will need to become a key contributor now if one of those 2 guys struggles..or worse..both of them struggle.

LMMFAO with the Rondo news. This team just can't catch a break. If it isn't Eddie Curry, it's Deng, if it's no Deng, it's Asik, if it's not Asik it's Rose, if it's not Rose it's Noah. Health and playoffs with this team, just does not mix. Now we have to see Grant, MCW and whatever other trash we have as point guards showing us their inability to run a team.

Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast