Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 71 of 71
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,679
    Yeah you guys got Johnny "Trader John/Hambone" Hammond from us. Excellent drafter. Bit suspect on contracts for free agents though. Makes mistakes signing guys or out bidding himself. But is pretty good at fixing his mistakes fast by trading them away. Bucks signed Plumlee last summer and moved him at the trade deadline for expiring's. He loves to trade.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London,England
    Posts
    12,570
    Sources: Milwaukee GM John Hammond has agreed to a five-year deal to become Orlando's GM. Hammond will work under president Jeff Weltman.
    woj bomb

    Easily our best GM since Gabriel

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London,England
    Posts
    12,570
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Yeah you guys got Johnny "Trader John/Hambone" Hammond from us. Excellent drafter. Bit suspect on contracts for free agents though. Makes mistakes signing guys or out bidding himself. But is pretty good at fixing his mistakes fast by trading them away. Bucks signed Plumlee last summer and moved him at the trade deadline for expiring's. He loves to trade.
    Good bc we got a lot of Henningan purging to do. I want Biyombo, Fournier, Payton and even Gordon gone

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Neither here, Nor there
    Posts
    9,490
    Yeah I've always liked Hammond. He was actually my favourite, but I didn't post about him because I read that the Bucks were going to extend him. I'm happy. Here's a guy who has proven to be better than hennigan.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,679
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    Yeah I've always liked Hammond. He was actually my favourite, but I didn't post about him because I read that the Bucks were going to extend him. I'm happy. Here's a guy who has proven to be better than hennigan.

    Nah he was stepping down. We already pretty much have Zanik waiting in the wings. Unless front office goes after a bigger name. Was reported last summer already change in the GM soon enough.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Neither here, Nor there
    Posts
    9,490
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Nah he was stepping down. We already pretty much have Zanik waiting in the wings. Unless front office goes after a bigger name. Was reported last summer already change in the GM soon enough.
    Well I read it somewhere but that doesn't mean its true. I'm familiar with what they did last season, but they kept Hammond and didn't give the GM position to Zanik so I wasn't sure. The Bucks made a great move. They hired Zanik as assistant GM and kept Hammond around for a year instead of handing the GM position over to a guy with lots to prove. One thing I was worried about was the Magic hiring an unknown guy that could prove to be worse than Henningan. I think Hennigan messed up, but he's definitely not the trash GM some are making him out to be. I just wish he didn't reject that trade for Cousins.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London,England
    Posts
    12,570
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    Well I read it somewhere but that doesn't mean its true. I'm familiar with what they did last season, but they kept Hammond and didn't give the GM position to Zanik so I wasn't sure. The Bucks made a great move. They hired Zanik as assistant GM and kept Hammond around for a year instead of handing the GM position over to a guy with lots to prove. One thing I was worried about was the Magic hiring an unknown guy that could prove to be worse than Henningan. I think Hennigan messed up, but he's definitely not the trash GM some are making him out to be. I just wish he didn't reject that trade for Cousins.
    That last line is exactly why he's garbage. Forcing guys to play out of position. Garbage

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Neither here, Nor there
    Posts
    9,490
    Apparently the magic gave up a 2018 2nd round pick for Weltman

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    570
    Not a big deal. We did something similar for SVG.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London,England
    Posts
    12,570
    Former Magic general manager John Gabriel will re-join team as consultant and adviser.
    Looks like we're getting the Band back together sort of speak

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,679
    Keep a eye on Hammond. He's been known to trade with his previous teams. When Bucks got him from Pistons. We traded Jennings for Knight/Middleton. Then years later Ersan for unguaranteed guys which we waived to sign Moose. So Keep a eye on him to maybe be trading with Pistons or Bucks. He's close with Dumars. Also he mentored our newly appointed GM in Horst.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •