Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Yeah you guys got Johnny "Trader John/Hambone" Hammond from us. Excellent drafter. Bit suspect on contracts for free agents though. Makes mistakes signing guys or out bidding himself. But is pretty good at fixing his mistakes fast by trading them away. Bucks signed Plumlee last summer and moved him at the trade deadline for expiring's. He loves to trade.

Sources: Milwaukee GM John Hammond has agreed to a five-year deal to become Orlando's GM. Hammond will work under president Jeff Weltman.
    woj bomb

Easily our best GM since Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Yeah you guys got Johnny "Trader John/Hambone" Hammond from us. Excellent drafter. Bit suspect on contracts for free agents though. Makes mistakes signing guys or out bidding himself. But is pretty good at fixing his mistakes fast by trading them away. Bucks signed Plumlee last summer and moved him at the trade deadline for expiring's. He loves to trade.
    Good bc we got a lot of Henningan purging to do. I want Biyombo, Fournier, Payton and even Gordon gone

Yeah I've always liked Hammond. He was actually my favourite, but I didn't post about him because I read that the Bucks were going to extend him. I'm happy. Here's a guy who has proven to be better than hennigan.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    Yeah I've always liked Hammond. He was actually my favourite, but I didn't post about him because I read that the Bucks were going to extend him. I'm happy. Here's a guy who has proven to be better than hennigan.

Nah he was stepping down. We already pretty much have Zanik waiting in the wings. Unless front office goes after a bigger name. Was reported last summer already change in the GM soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Nah he was stepping down. We already pretty much have Zanik waiting in the wings. Unless front office goes after a bigger name. Was reported last summer already change in the GM soon enough.
    Well I read it somewhere but that doesn't mean its true. I'm familiar with what they did last season, but they kept Hammond and didn't give the GM position to Zanik so I wasn't sure. The Bucks made a great move. They hired Zanik as assistant GM and kept Hammond around for a year instead of handing the GM position over to a guy with lots to prove. One thing I was worried about was the Magic hiring an unknown guy that could prove to be worse than Henningan. I think Hennigan messed up, but he's definitely not the trash GM some are making him out to be. I just wish he didn't reject that trade for Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    Well I read it somewhere but that doesn't mean its true. I'm familiar with what they did last season, but they kept Hammond and didn't give the GM position to Zanik so I wasn't sure. The Bucks made a great move. They hired Zanik as assistant GM and kept Hammond around for a year instead of handing the GM position over to a guy with lots to prove. One thing I was worried about was the Magic hiring an unknown guy that could prove to be worse than Henningan. I think Hennigan messed up, but he's definitely not the trash GM some are making him out to be. I just wish he didn't reject that trade for Cousins.
    That last line is exactly why he's garbage. Forcing guys to play out of position. Garbage

Apparently the magic gave up a 2018 2nd round pick for Weltman

Not a big deal. We did something similar for SVG.

Former Magic general manager John Gabriel will re-join team as consultant and adviser.
    Looks like we're getting the Band back together sort of speak

Keep a eye on Hammond. He's been known to trade with his previous teams. When Bucks got him from Pistons. We traded Jennings for Knight/Middleton. Then years later Ersan for unguaranteed guys which we waived to sign Moose. So Keep a eye on him to maybe be trading with Pistons or Bucks. He's close with Dumars. Also he mentored our newly appointed GM in Horst.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345