Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Rob Hennigan FIRED!!!Finally/New GM thread

The Orlando Magic reportedly fired general manager Rob Hennigan on Thursday following five seasons with the team, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.

Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel confirmed the decision, adding assistant general manager Scott Perry was also fired. Assistant general manager Matt Lloyd was named the interim GM, per Robbins.

Hennigan joined the Magic in June 2012 after serving as an assistant general manager with the Oklahoma City Thunder, and he made a major splash just months into his tenure when he shipped Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers in a whopping four-team trade that also featured the Philadelphia 76ers and Denver Nuggets.

Orlando received a sizable haul that included Nikola Vucevic, Maurice Harkless, a future first-round pick and Arron Afflalo, but the team's rebuild never took a definitive shape after that monumental move was made.

Although the Magic were able to land studs like Aaron Gordon, Evan Fournier and Elfrid Payton to the fold during Hennigan's tenure, they were never able to develop an identity.

Part of the reason for those struggles stemmed from inconsistency on the bench. Dating back to the start of the 2012-13 season, the Magic have had four different head coaches (Jacque Vaughn, James Borrego, Scott Skiles, Frank Vogel) serve in a full-time or interim capacity.

As a result of the organizational instability, the Magic topped 30 wins just once (2015-16) during Hennigan's time at the helm. Understandably, ownership decided to move in a different direction.

However, Orlando's next GM will not have an easy road ahead.

While the Magic have some solid building blocks in tow, they need to carve out a more concrete vision for what the future will look like following years in Eastern Conference purgatory.

With that history in mind, Orlando may have to embrace a more meticulous rebuild that avoids shortcuts through veteran stopgap additions in order to reach its full potential.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...with-franchise

Like I said Grant Hill could be headed in, or pat garrity
    Last edited by MagicBucsSox; 04-13-2017 at 12:12 PM.

No player on this roster should be safe. Everyone is available. I would start by looking to shop AG and Vuc.

Biyombo may not be great, but a defensive anchor is a good place to start. Ross is a decent starter, if we can upgrade that position, then do it. Otherwise, him at SF is not a bad option. Fournier is a 6th man, he needs to stay in that role. He is not a starter. Mario is absolute garbage.

Depending on where we pick, if we are 5-7 range I want to pick Markkanen

Biyombo and Markkanen compliment each other very well. Ross as our SF again, could be upgraded, but he is also a solid 3-4 option. With trading Vuc and AG perhaps we can finally get ourselves a good SG.

This team is a nightmare...
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

He apparently rejected a Cousins trade... they wanted something around Vucevic and Fournier, just as I thought at the time. God damn you Rob.

So he's fired, but no guarantee we get someone better.
    Last edited by 5ass; 04-13-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Why on Earth would he reject that trade?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Lmao all of y'all agreed with turning it down bc "omg what if he doesn't re-sign".

I'm still of the mindset that agrees with Hennigan's decision not to trade for Cousins because if anyone really believes the offer was just Fournier and Vucevic, they're delusional. It probably included multiple draft picks, at the very least this year's draft pick or the 2018 pick. Ever hear the saying "too good to be true?" The reason Magic fans are falling over themselves in agony about the trade not going down is because they think a deal to good too be true is in fact true.

It probably isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by RLundi View Post
    I'm still of the mindset that agrees with Hennigan's decision not to trade for Cousins because if anyone really believes the offer was just Fournier and Vucevic, they're delusional. It probably included multiple draft picks, at the very least this year's draft pick or the 2018 pick. Ever hear the saying "too good to be true?" The reason Magic fans are falling over themselves in agony about the trade not going down is because they think a deal to good too be true is in fact true.

It probably isn't.
    Even if he doesn't re-sign you get out of that crap Fournier deal, and the only bad deal we'd have left was Biyombo

Evan Fournier "I'm fully aware it might be my last game with the Magic. You never know what could happen."
    The Hennigan purge is underway. Take your crap players with you, all 12 of them

I'm happy about this because I'd lost faith in Rob and his ability to draft. now maybe we can get someone in that maybe has a clue of what they're doing.

As far as Grant Hill coming in I don't see that happening. He's a minority owner with the Hawks and I'm not sure he could have his hand in numerous teams.

Hill is not coming, he has no interest in giving up ownership in Atl

You are right MBS. Grant says his role with hawks keeps him busy and he is happy. I like Grant and think he would do well but he has no GM experience. But he does have star appeal and that something Rob did not have. I don't see him coming though.

We will probably get someone off of Warriors staff. But I'm glad we got rid of Henny maybe we can get rid of Payton now since Henny would not give up on him. Even though every coach we had benched him.
    Last edited by StreetKing; 04-13-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RLundi View Post

It probably isn't.
    He got traded for Buddy heild and a 10th pick. I'd say that's comparable to Fournier+Vucevic. The Pelicans were able to negotiate against giving up an extra pick in the last few days. Why? Because there weren't many buyers.

Do y'all think Vogel stays? I know usually with a new GM they want to bring in "their guy"

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Lmao all of y'all agreed with turning it down bc "omg what if he doesn't re-sign".
    I never said that, who are you quoting?

Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    ****ing hell it looks like that rumour could be true. Hennigan's dumb *** might have rejected Fournier, Vucevic, and a first for a 28-10-5 guy. Wow. So just to recap, what could've been....

Payton(or Jackson/Knight/ect.)
    Oladipo
    SF
    Gordon
    Cousins

Reality....

Payton
    Fournier
    Ross/Green
    Gordon
    Vucevic/Biyombo

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast