Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    I'm actually kind of glad that we lost in the fashion we did. After game 3 the IT detractors were getting on my nerves. No doubt IT has his weaknesses, but this is not a better team without IT. In game 4 and 5 we saw just how much a lack of a scoring threat hurts this team. I'm not saying we can't live without IT and still be good, but if IT is not here, his scoring needs to be replaced. And players that can score like that are not easy to find. I also think IT's value took a hit after game 3, but now 2 games later it's right back to where it was. All those people saying this is a better team without IT got their foot put right in their mouths.

City of Champions

The ball movement offense needs to stay. We just need better shot makers playing in it. IT can be one of those guys. Fultz can be one. Hayward can be one. A lot of guys can. Problem is going to be adding that without losing too much on the other end. That's the conundrum with IT.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    The ball movement offense needs to stay. We just need better shot makers playing in it. IT can be one of those guys. Fultz can be one. Hayward can be one. A lot of guys can. Problem is going to be adding that without losing too much on the other end. That's the conundrum with IT.
    Oh absolutely. I have no issue with IT staying or going. I've just seen too many people state we're a better team without IT based off 1 playoff game. It's ridiculous. This team may not even make the playoffs without IT or a main scorer to replace him. That's my point. People are undervaluing the role of a dominant offensive scorer/playmaker. Just using ball movement and defense without a main option, will get us nowhere.

City of Champions

The worst thing about this team all year was watching them try to score without IT on the floor. He misses 1 playoff game and Smart steps up and everyone thinks we are better with out him hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    The worst thing about this team all year was watching them try to score without IT on the floor. He misses 1 playoff game and Smart steps up and everyone thinks we are better with out him hahaha
    If he's our best player in the playoffs, we'll never win it all. Never mind effort, in terms of defense he's brutally bad. So how can a 1 way player that has to have a special O designed for him be seen as anything but a stepping stone to a better team?

We might win if he's our 4th best player in the playoffs - as a sixth man.

I'm not into denigrating him, but, some of what's said here and other places about him is hyper inflated. Time to place him correctly.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Yeah and it works the other way too, people sayign we are better without him....he's not a #1 but nobody else on the team is putting up 30 ppg....not even 20ppg

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435