Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I was in attendance at G3 and I don't know if I have ever witnessed the Bucks pick and roll defense any better in a single game....EVER. It was crazy. Maker, Moose or whoever was forcing Lowry or DeRozan out near halfcourt no exaggeration. Must have been 5+ times the Raptors were inbounding the ball with 4 or less on the shot clock. The intensity for 48 minutes was insane. We give Kidd a hard time but great adjustments in G3. Snell was phenomenal defensively. I turned to guy next to me and told him I couldn't believe after the first quarter, the starting backcourt of Brogdon and Snell plus Moose didn't score and the Bucks were up 20; Midd 11, Giannis 10 and then in the second Moose had double digits. Just an old-fashioned whoopin'. Hopefully Bucks don't get complacent. I like the fact the Bucks only have one off day so Raps getting smoked will still be pretty fresh. If Bucks can start G1 similarly - obviously can't expect plus-20 - and can get off to a fast start up say 10 would be huge. I couldn't believe it was only halfway through the first quarter and DeRozan was frustrated pointing at the board and throwing his hands up after a TV to.

At Pack - I knew you said you were going to the game. Congrats man what a game to be at. I didn't sleep that well last night day dreaming about the game and this teams future and you had to have been twice as amped up as I was having been there and being a part of it.

With that being said, I want to revist the offseson plan. This team should attempt to bring back Tony Snell to keep the starting unit intact. If Moose opts in were way over the cap, but could potentially be a contender already next season. I'm not advocating $12 - 14 Mil per by any means, but I've got no problem with $10 Mil per. If Moose opts out, but wants to resign with the Bucks, thats trouble unless he's willing to take a big discount to chase after a championship. I guess I'm thinking that between Moose and Snell combined we have a Max type player value. If Moose opts in, then at the end of next season, we'll have to decide between Moose and Jabari. We won't beable to afford both. The way Thons coming around, he may eat into some of Moose's minutes anyway. Maybe they can play together some though since Thon is so mobile. Another option after next season would be to offer Teletovic and Henson and our 1st round pick for low salary junk in a salary dump move. Then we might be able to afford both Moose and Jabari. That gives us more than a year to try to trade them off before the financial crunch. When Jabari comes back next season, he and Delly and Moose make the 2nd unit better than they are right now. Speaking of Delly, he's played a couple really nice playoff games and I have no problem keeping him until someone better comes along. The last 2 games he looks like he's worth the $9.6 Mil per. I'm not opposed to trading him, but I'm fine with hanging onto him as well. Our offseason goal should be move Telly or Henson if possible, keep the band together Moose, Snell & JET and add through the draft.

Your right about the job Kidd is doing right now as well. I've been very critical of his lineups and decision making in the past, but I'm willing to admit that he's doing a very nice job in this playoff series. I guess I kind of thought that Kidd coached the regular season, just experimenting and trying different combinations with no rhyme or reason and not really caring how many games we won or whether or not we make the playoffs. Perhaps he was right to do so, since we're still so young and raw. I'm glad to see that now, since we made the playoffs, he's coaching to win. He played everyone in game 1, because your not sure who's going to up their game and who's not, but has really adjusted with a shortened bench in the last couple games, plus he's had the guts to give Thon more meaningful minutes due to his improved play. Kidd may very well be a good coach, but was in no rush to show it till the team was ready to compete at a high level. Hopefully he continues to coach like this going forward.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 04-21-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    At Pack - I knew you said you were going to the game. Congrats man what a game to be at. I didn't sleep that well last night day dreaming about the game and this teams future and you had to have been twice as amped up as I was having been there and being a part of it.

With that being said, I want to revist the offseson plan. This team should attempt to bring back Tony Snell to keep the starting unit intact. If Moose opts in were way over the cap, but could potentially be a contender already next season. I'm not advocating $12 - 14 Mil per by any means, but I've got no problem with $10 Mil per. If Moose opts out, but wants to resign with the Bucks, thats trouble unless he's willing to take a big discount to chase after a championship. I guess I'm thinking that between Moose and Snell combined we have a Max type player value. If Moose opts in, then at the end of next season, we'll have to decide between Moose and Jabari. We won't beable to afford both. The way Thons coming around, he may eat into some of Moose's minutes anyway. Maybe they can play together some though since Thon is so mobile. Another option after next season would be to offer Teletovic and Henson and our 1st round pick for low salary junk in a salary dump move. Then we might be able to afford both Moose and Jabari. That gives us more than a year to try to trade them off before the financial crunch. When Jabari comes back next season, he and Delly and Moose make the 2nd unit better than they are right now. Speaking of Delly, he's played a couple really nice playoff games and I have no problem keeping him until someone better comes along. The last 2 games he looks like he's worth the $9.6 Mil per. I'm not opposed to trading him, but I'm fine with hanging onto him as well. Our offseason goal should be move Telly or Henson if possible, keep the band together Moose, Snell & JET and add through the draft.

Your right about the job Kidd is doing right now as well. I've been very critical of his lineups and decision making in the past, but I'm willing to admit that he's doing a very nice job in this playoff series. I guess I kind of thought that Kidd coached the regular season, just experimenting and trying different combinations with no rhyme or reason and not really caring how many games we won or whether or not we make the playoffs. Perhaps he was right to do so, since we're still so young and raw. I'm glad to see that now, since we made the playoffs, he's coaching to win. He played everyone in game 1, because your not sure who's going to up their game and who's not, but has really adjusted with a shortened bench in the last couple games, plus he's had the guts to give Thon more meaningful minutes due to his improved play. Kidd may very well be a good coach, but was in no rush to show it till the team was ready to compete at a high level. Hopefully he continues to coach like this going forward.
    Well, I was amped for sure. It's a 3-hour drive for me and the drive went faster than usual because of the performance. What a game to be at is right. Even more than the rotations of Kidd it was picking up DeRozan and Lowry 3/4 court and forcing them one way - left - and hedging on the screen so aggressive they ended up dribbling 35 feet from the hoop.

As for the offseason lets keep that in a different thread as this is the playoff thread. But, I was thinking with Ball very good possibility of going to Lakers to maybe get Russell who is on a 5 mill for 3 more years pretty cheap for a young PG. Could maybe trade Henson/first for Russell? Since they'd have Clarkson and Ball. But Delly has been great in games 1 and 3. Going to be hard to 'keep the band together' with the cap unless at least two guys making 9 plus mill are moved - Henson, Delly, Telly.

If you guys win this series, I'ma be rooting for you the rest of the way. Your fans have been great.

So game 4 I thought was officiated differently than the previous 3. Not blaming the officials or saying they did a poor job but they definitely let more contact go than the previous 4 games. Toronto took advantage of that and we didn't. We were weak in the paint, couldn't finish through contact, sloppy with the ball, and Giannis just wasn't aggressive enough going toward the rim. I thought there were a few bad calls against Giannis early and another in the 3rd, both times it completely took him out of rhythm and he didn't recover.

If they allow that much contact going forward, Giannis and Brogdon need to do a better job of handling it. Moose was still a beast. He struggled to finish through the contact but was so solid on the boards I thought his effort alone was keeping us in it.

Moose would be my pick for team MVP so far against Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    So game 4 I thought was officiated differently than the previous 3. Not blaming the officials or saying they did a poor job but they definitely let more contact go than the previous 4 games. Toronto took advantage of that and we didn't. We were weak in the paint, couldn't finish through contact, sloppy with the ball, and Giannis just wasn't aggressive enough going toward the rim. I thought there were a few bad calls against Giannis early and another in the 3rd, both times it completely took him out of rhythm and he didn't recover.

If they allow that much contact going forward, Giannis and Brogdon need to do a better job of handling it. Moose was still a beast. He struggled to finish through the contact but was so solid on the boards I thought his effort alone was keeping us in it.

Moose would be my pick for team MVP so far against Toronto.
    I feel like both teams have been pretty poor at in-game adjustments. The Bucks really changed P&R coverage in Game 3 and it stymied the Raps. A lineup change to smaller group and no P&Rs really affected Bucks on both ends in G4.

I would say Moose and Snell have both been very good. Brogdon can't seem to get to the rim. Bucks lack of someone other than GIannis to drive and get to the rim is glaring in this series especially in G4. Both teams have won games with unreal shooting nights, Bucks in G3, Raps in G2. I think whoever wins Game 5 wins this series.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I feel like both teams have been pretty poor at in-game adjustments. The Bucks really changed P&R coverage in Game 3 and it stymied the Raps. A lineup change to smaller group and no P&Rs really affected Bucks on both ends in G4.

I would say Moose and Snell have both been very good. Brogdon can't seem to get to the rim. Bucks lack of someone other than GIannis to drive and get to the rim is glaring in this series especially in G4. Both teams have won games with unreal shooting nights, Bucks in G3, Raps in G2. I think whoever wins Game 5 wins this series.
    I would agree with that. G5 is huge. If we lose it will be difficult to recover. Honestly right now the series has the feel of the Bulls series a few years back. Hopefully it ends better than that one did.

Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    I would agree with that. G5 is huge. If we lose it will be difficult to recover. Honestly right now the series has the feel of the Bulls series a few years back. Hopefully it ends better than that one did.
    This one feels quite a bit different to me than the Bulls series because Bucks fell down 3-0. This one feels way more like the Hawks series with Jennings-Delfino-Salmons and that group. Where Bucks had series lead and I believe ultimately 3-2? before losing. The Bulls series was over after losing first three games. This one Bucks by stealing G1 have been in the series from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    This one feels quite a bit different to me than the Bulls series because Bucks fell down 3-0. This one feels way more like the Hawks series with Jennings-Delfino-Salmons and that group. Where Bucks had series lead and I believe ultimately 3-2? before losing. The Bulls series was over after losing first three games. This one Bucks by stealing G1 have been in the series from the start.
    Either way both series lead to a letdown. That's what I'm hoping to avoid. A win would be great! Since we're in the playoffs I figure I'm tired of losing.

This game is ugly. The raptors are hitting shots they have no business hitting and kids keeps his trash rotations going. I can't for the life of me figure out why terry plays. He's atrocious on defense and can't hit a shot. Vaughn has to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    This game is ugly. The raptors are hitting shots they have no business hitting and kids keeps his trash rotations going. I can't for the life of me figure out why terry plays. He's atrocious on defense and can't hit a shot. Vaughn has to be better.
    The Bucks allowed Ibaka and Powell to go 16 of 21 for 44 combined points. Bucks off-ball defense was horrendous. Wide open corner 3s, let Ibaka and Val get in pop-up zone with easy catches. The role players of the Raptors just destroyed the Bucks role players heck even Middleton. He's toast I think. No stamina or endurance. As for Vaughn/Jet. All season Jet has been better than Vaughn or at the very least far more consistent. Jet has been horrendous this series though I agree.

And whenever we did make a bit of a run, it seemed like they'd hit a shot they had no business hitting. Like that Powell 3 that hit the rim and backboard like 10 times before going in or the prayer Val threw at the hoop without looking.

We were definitely outplayed, but even the few times we sort of did something right it seemed like they'd get he bounce or the call.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    And whenever we did make a bit of a run, it seemed like they'd hit a shot they had no business hitting. Like that Powell 3 that hit the rim and backboard like 10 times before going in or the prayer Val threw at the hoop without looking.

We were definitely outplayed, but even the few times we sort of did something right it seemed like they'd get he bounce or the call.
    It has been a rough series for most of the Bucks. Only guys that have played above average is Snell, Moose and Giannis. Thon has had some nice flashes also. But the role players of Toronto has badly outplayed the Bucks role players especially the last two games. Also Middleton has only shown the scoring needed from him in G3. Too lazy to look what Brogdon, Jet and Delly are shooting in this series combined. Throw in Middleton and Beas and the perimeter players have been atrocious.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast