Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spurs in 4

2 10.00%
  • Spurs in 5

15 75.00%
  • Spurs in 6

1 5.00%
  • Spurs in 7

2 10.00%
  • Grizzlies in 4

0 0%
  • Grizzlies in 5

0 0%
  • Grizzlies in 6

0 0%
  • Grizzlies in 7

0 0%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

WC Quarterfinals Series Thread: Spurs (2) vs Grizzlies (7) Spurs win 4-2

VS.

All games in EST

Game 1 - Saturday, April 15, Memphis at San Antonio, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 2 - Monday, April 17, Memphis at San Antonio 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 3 - Thursday, April 20, San Antonio at Memphis 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 4 - Saturday, April 22, San Antonio at Memphis 8 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 5 * Tuesday, April 25, Memphis at San Antonio, TBD

Game 6 * Thursday, April 27, San Antonio at Memphis, TBD

Game 7 * Saturday, April 29, Memphis at San Antonio, TBD, TNT

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Marc Gasol
    PF: JaMychal Green
    SF: Vince Carter
    SG: Tony Allen
    PG: Mike Conley

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Dewayne Dedmon
    PF: Lamarcus Aldridge
    SF: Kawhi Leonard
    SG: Danny Green
    PG: Tony Parker

Fedex Forum, Memphis

AT&T Center, San Antonio

Last edited by kdspurman; 04-13-2017 at 10:38 AM.

This is going to be a grind. I hope whichever team comes out comes out healthy.

I've got to pick the Spurs, just because I don't think the Grizz can get up to their best game 4 times in 7 games, and they need their best game to beat the Spurs on an average Spurs night ... and the Spurs are the most consistent team in the NBA and consistently above average.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

I don't know if I'd take the Grizzlies with prime Vince Carter over the Spurs.

It seems like we see this series every year, how many times in the past 5-10 years have they faced in the playoffs?

Hard to not pick the Spurs. But if the Grizzlies were to upset Kawhi & co, it would be memorable for sure.
    It probably goes at least 5 games. Seems Spurs still haven't found the right coherence for Kawhi & Aldridge.

there could be some close games, but I think the spurs win this in 5. should be noted though that the Grizzlies had two decisive wins over the spurs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    there could be some close games, but I think the spurs win this in 5. should be noted though that the Grizzlies had two decisive wins over the spurs this year.
    The first win was without Kawhi playing, that was their biggest win vs the Spurs this season. They do usually end up being hard fought games. I remember sweeping them in 2013, but all the games were very close. Idk what to expect this go around

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    The first win was without Kawhi playing, that was their biggest win vs the Spurs this season. They do usually end up being hard fought games. I remember sweeping them in 2013, but all the games were very close. Idk what to expect this go around
    yeah I saw and that is why I don't think regular season games mean that much. The Grizzlies just weren't that good this year.

Spurs in 5 max, Grizzlies will play hard but I just don't think they have enough unless Conley/Gasol play lights out every game which is unlikely and having to depend on the old man Carter doesn't make it any easier, this will probably end up being a throwback 90's type series with games of 92-89

Spurs have struggled at home for unknown reasons so those will probably be the closest games(first 2) until game 5 where they win by 15 in Spurs usual fashion

ratings will be... low

Spurs in 5.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Tony Allen is out for the series with a calf strain it looks like. Huge blow for the Grizzlies when it comes to defending Kawhi.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Tony Allen is out for the series with a calf strain it looks like. Huge blow for the Grizzlies when it comes to defending Kawhi.
    Yea just saw that too. Sucks for him and their team. he's still such a big part of their defensive identity

I am so ****ing ready for playoff Tony Allen. I know the Spurs are going to win the series, I'll say in five, but I am like 90% sure the Grizz take one of the first two with Allen holding Kawhi to something like 28% from the field and a bunch of ridiculous hot takers will claim that it's proof that Kawhi isn't that good of a scorer. I ****ing love playoff Tony Allen.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Wait seriously? **** there goes my last post.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    ratings will be... low
    Well, the Rockets/Thunder game earlier this year set the record for lowest ratings ever. I wouldn't be surprised if the playoff record gets set this year too.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast