Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Well its very simple. So far through 4 games the difference has been the Bruins difference makers haven't been. At least half a dozen missed goals around the net. Pasta has ZERO confidence right now and is either falling down, trying to make an extra moving and losing the puck or misfiring.

Charlie McAvoy has arguably has been our best player this series...when a 19yr old w/ 4 NHL games has been your best player you know you're in trouble.
    Agreed. McAvoy and Tuukka have been absolutely stunning... too bad no one else can do much of anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

2. 04-19-2017, 11:53 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    If we end up losing this series, Losing to Ottawa in the first round will be an under achievement. It's one small step ahead of the previous two seasons.
    I agree I do want them to win this series but Ottawa is on a 3-1 game lead heading home with the home
    crowed behind them its not gonna be easy.

4. 04-20-2017, 12:03 AM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I agree I do want them to win this series but Ottawa is on a 3-1 game lead heading home with the home
    crowed behind them its not gonna be easy.
    Each team has been fairly consistent as far as home/road records, its not a significant advantage, Brandon Carlo is practicing with the team and should return very soon.

Bruins really missing their Torey Krug in this series. His dynamic offense is needed badly.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Well its very simple. So far through 4 games the difference has been the Bruins difference makers haven't been. At least half a dozen missed goals around the net. Pasta has ZERO confidence right now and is either falling down, trying to make an extra moving and losing the puck or misfiring.

Charlie McAvoy has arguably has been our best player this series...when a 19yr old w/ 4 NHL games has been your best player you know you're in trouble.
    Went back and looked at a few things and you hit the nail on the head with this comment Oneman.

Bruins Stats‏ @bruins_stats
    Bruins Stats
    2 SOG, 8 blocked, 11 missed nets for Pasta
    Spooner line played 8 minutes, scoring chances were 1 to 5, on ice for the goal, not even taking faceoffs. Play JFK or Kuraly and goodbye.
    Chara and McAvoy have played together 36 minutes. Shot attempts 40-27 for a 66% Corsi, but shots on goal 17-17, goals 1-1.
    Last night:
    Krejci: 4 shot attempts/ 1 SOG
    Pasta: 5 Shot attempts/ 1 SOG

It appears that the Bruins are having good offensive flow and shot attempts, they just are missing their shots on goal.

Marchand/Pasta/Bergy/Backes/Krejci have a total of 4 goals and 4 assists this series. Granted Krejci missed the first two games. Still when your top 5 forwards are producing those stats thats pretty awful. Need your leaders to produce more.

The defense has actually played really well with all the injuries and really haven't skipped a beat. They have only allowed 2.5 goals per game in the playoffs and when you consider two of those games went into overtime their GA/60 is less than 2.5 which is right on par with the regular season production. You could even argue the defense has been better in the playoffs than the regular season because the competition has been tougher.

The poor play of this series is on the shoulders of the forwards missing an insane amount of shots on net. Tuukka and the defense have answered the call so far.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 04-20-2017 at 08:55 AM.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Went back and looked at a few things and you hit the nail on the head with this comment Oneman.

Last night:
    Krejci: 4 shot attempts/ 1 SOG
    Pasta: 5 Shot attempts/ 1 SOG

It appears that the Bruins are having good offensive flow and shot attempts, they just are missing their shots on goal.

Marchand/Pasta/Bergy/Backes/Krejci have a total of 4 goals and 4 assists this series. Granted Krejci missed the first two games. Still when your top 5 forwards are producing those stats thats pretty awful. Need your leaders to produce more.

The defense has actually played really well with all the injuries and really haven't skipped a beat. They have only allowed 2.5 goals per game in the playoffs and when you consider two of those games went into overtime their GA/60 is less than 2.5 which is right on par with the regular season production. You could even argue the defense has been better in the playoffs than the regular season because the competition has been tougher.

The poor play of this series is on the shoulders of the forwards missing an insane amount of shots on net. Tuukka and the defense have answered the call so far.
    Krejci isn't even close to 100% wonder if he is actually hurting the team by playing

Still we fired julian because our offence sucked. I don't see any great strategy coming from behind the bench with the new management. I wanted Pastr of BM line but maybe it should have been marchand. Those two chances he had scoring one would have put us at least into overtime scoring two would have won the game. Otts two big boys showed up. Something has to change either through strategy or or the players we relied on to get here need to show up
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Krejci isn't even close to 100% wonder if he is actually hurting the team by playing

Still we fired julian because our offence sucked. I don't see any great strategy coming from behind the bench with the new management. I wanted Pastr of BM line but maybe it should have been marchand. Those two chances he had scoring one would have put us at least into overtime scoring two would have won the game. Otts two big boys showed up. Something has to change either through strategy or or the players we relied on to get here need to show up
    I wish I could find the stat, but Boston scored more goals per game with Cassidy then they did CJ. The problem is the 1-3-1 defense is something we've struggled against and its designed produce low scoring games. Even still we've scored 8 goals in 4 games. Cassidy can only do so much, it's up to the players to score and some guys just are not right now. Like I said previously I can think of easily half a dozen scoring attempts around the net that never happened because guys could handle the puck.

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

As good as McAvoy has looked, the one thing no one talks about is his physical play. The kid is think and built like a house. I've seen a few guys hit him and bounce off. Imagine when this kid physically matures, he'll be laying devastating hits on guys.

I wish I could find the stat, but Boston scored more goals per game with Cassidy then they did CJ. The problem is the 1-3-1 defense is something we've struggled against and its designed produce low scoring games. Even still we've scored 8 goals in 4 games. Cassidy can only do so much, it's up to the players to score and some guys just are not right now. Like I said previously I can think of easily half a dozen scoring attempts around the net that never happened because guys could handle the puck.
    Right and thats what bothers me, whats his strategy to beat it? When it works his system is great, but you need to also be able to adjust when it doesn't and I find he is slow to adjust.

Marchand can't score, chances but can score, has he switched anything? Even period to period. I look at Toronto and Babcock can take a non playoff team and give the caps a run. I'd love to see him with our team. We have the talent they just ain't showing up or ain't playing on point and yes our d is broken but whats the excuse when our forwards are basically healthy. Even the caps coach the game they lost to Toronto the next he basically ran 3 lines. Not saying do that just saying can you try something instead of rinse and repeat, great 131 is our weakness ott aint changing and next year everyone will know how to beat us
    Unleash the Pasta!

As good as McAvoy has looked, the one thing no one talks about is his physical play. The kid is think and built like a house. I've seen a few guys hit him and bounce off. Imagine when this kid physically matures, he'll be laying devastating hits on guys.
    Imagine carlo one line and him the next thats going to be a very heavy D. Lauzon also at 6f3 200. Thats going to hurt a lot of forwards
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Each team has been fairly consistent as far as home/road records, its not a significant advantage, Brandon Carlo is practicing with the team and should return very soon.
    Unless he returns tomorrow he most likely won't be back until next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Right and thats what bothers me, whats his strategy to beat it? When it works his system is great, but you need to also be able to adjust when it doesn't and I find he is slow to adjust.

Marchand can't score, chances but can score, has he switched anything? Even period to period. I look at Toronto and Babcock can take a non playoff team and give the caps a run. I'd love to see him with our team. We have the talent they just ain't showing up or ain't playing on point and yes our d is broken but whats the excuse when our forwards are basically healthy. Even the caps coach the game they lost to Toronto the next he basically ran 3 lines. Not saying do that just saying can you try something instead of rinse and repeat, great 131 is our weakness ott aint changing and next year everyone will know how to beat us
    The best way to beat a 1-3-1 is with PMD. Think about the guy d-men who have looked good offensively....McAvoy, Morrow and Liles. The problem is we just don't have the right personnel to attack the 1-3-1 effectively. If we had Krug/Carlo it would be a different story.

Last edited by BoSox47; 04-21-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Last edited by BoSox47; 04-21-2017 at 03:24 PM.

@GlobeFluto
    AM lines:

Marchand-Bergeron-Backes
    Stafford-Krejci-Pastrnak
    Moore-Nash-Acciari
    Schaller-Kuraly-Vatrano
    Spooner healthy scratched.

@GlobeFluto
    Possible Ryan Spooner has played his last game as a Bruin. Restricted after this year.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 04-21-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast