Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    nevermind was looking at a website that had someone listed as a LW not a RW and ruined my post.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 04-23-2017 at 10:43 PM.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I think JFK if a lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They'll have to see him the preseason to determine that.

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    Backes needs to play 3rd line center next year. That's where they will get the most bang for their buck for him.

Marchand - Bergeron - ????
    ??? - Krejci - Pastrnak
    ??? - Backes - ???
    ??? - Nash - Acciari

Chara - McAvoy
    Krug - Carlo
    ??? - ???

Rask
    ???

Are the only definites for next year, IMO.
    I would mind seeing senyshyn on the first line and debrusk on the second line.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    I would mind seeing senyshyn on the first line and debrusk on the second line.
    Senyshyn on the 1st line for protection (for him) and DeBrusk with Backes might work. I think Krejci needs another pure skill player on the left wing. Either that or a legitimate power forward.

Haters gonna hate

Senyshyn on the 1st line for protection (for him) and DeBrusk with Backes might work. I think Krejci needs another pure skill player on the left wing. Either that or a legitimate power forward.
    Where would JFK fall into this for you?

Where would JFK fall into this for you?
    I have to see him against more competition in the preseason. From what I saw in that first game, he looked overmatched - but it is just one game. We'll see how much he improves in the offseason. If he does well, I see him starting on the wing and switching off from center - just like they did with guys like Nash, Acciari, Moore, Backes (to some degree), Schaller, Kuraly, etc...

Haters gonna hate

Backes needs to play 3rd line center next year. That's where they will get the most bang for their buck for him.

Marchand - Bergeron - ????
    ??? - Krejci - Pastrnak
    ??? - Backes - ???
    ??? - Nash - Acciari

Chara - McAvoy
    Krug - Carlo
    ??? - ???

Rask
    ???

Are the only definites for next year, IMO.
    I thought backes cant play center anymore thats why he didnt replace krejci when he got hurt....or atleast thats what i thought i saw
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    I thought backes cant play center anymore thats why he didnt replace krejci when he got hurt....or atleast thats what i thought i saw
    Backes is a natural center and I agree with Shiza that we maximize his value by playing him as a third line center. Remember the interviews right when the trade happened and he was saying how Bergy, Krejci and himself were the 3 centers? I think thats where he wants to play. I thought moving to RW hurt his game a little bit this year and restricted him.

Backes on the third line would be a huge mis match the Bruins could exploit. Not sure what stafford would cost but if he comes cheap I would like to see the following 3rd line.

Debrusk-Backes-Stafford

If Stafford doesnt come back I would call someone like Kris Versteeg. Bruins need to do something about the third line. We had such an unproductive third line ths year that the 4th line as a whole jumped up to become the 3rd line. We cant be so top heavy.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 04-24-2017 at 09:54 AM.

I have to see him against more competition in the preseason. From what I saw in that first game, he looked overmatched - but it is just one game. We'll see how much he improves in the offseason. If he does well, I see him starting on the wing and switching off from center - just like they did with guys like Nash, Acciari, Moore, Backes (to some degree), Schaller, Kuraly, etc...
    Thats fair, he was overwhelmed his first game for sure. I hope high hopes for him though. I think he makes the roster probably playing 4th line at first with a chance to move up. I'm happy he got to see at least one game and has been able to get in some practices. I think this off season will be huge for him, getting him up to game speed, getting him on the team nutrition and workout program to get his body bigger and getting him integrated into the system. He can fully focus on hockey now and I think he is the type of kid who will work really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    No, he can. The various times he has done it throughout this season - he has looked good.

Backes is a natural center and I agree with Shiza that we maximize his value by playing him as a third line center. Remember the interviews right when the trade happened and he was saying how Bergy, Krejci and himself were the 3 centers? I think thats where he wants to play. I thought moving to RW hurt his game a little bit this year and restricted him.

Backes on the third line would be a huge mis match the Bruins could exploit. Not sure what stafford would cost but if he comes cheap I would like to see the following 3rd line.

Debrusk-Backes-Stafford

If Stafford doesnt come back I would call someone like Kris Versteeg. Bruins need to do something about the third line. We had such an unproductive third line ths year that the 4th line as a whole jumped up to become the 3rd line. We cant be so top heavy.
    Agreed with the Backes assessment. I don't think we see Stafford back. Not sure if I want to see Versteeg here. I would really like an offensive potential oozing veteran on that 3rd line.

Thats fair, he was overwhelmed his first game for sure. I hope high hopes for him though. I think he makes the roster probably playing 4th line at first with a chance to move up. I'm happy he got to see at least one game and has been able to get in some practices. I think this off season will be huge for him, getting him up to game speed, getting him on the team nutrition and workout program to get his body bigger and getting him integrated into the system. He can fully focus on hockey now and I think he is the type of kid who will work really hard.
    Agreed.

Haters gonna hate

Only reason i mention Versteeg is because he was cheap last year on a 1 year 950,000 dollar deal.

Last season:

15 goals 22 assists 37 points 14:44 TOI

shooting%: 11.0% (11.6% career)
    OiSH%: 8.1% (8.2% career)
    OiSV%:93.1% (92.2% career)

High amount of offensive zone starts, but I think he could play well with backes and he could come in cheap. I would like to see Backes moved to third lince center AND us get him someone to play with there. Put one young player on his wing but get him someone he can rely on too.

Guys im all in for backes to play center. I always wanted him to. I was saying for him to even before the season started....i was told that krejci was more important for him to have a proper winger

But the last couple of games this season was he playing center after krejci got hurt? If not why?
    Unleash the Pasta!

This will be my final post in a 2016-2017 season game thread...

Cassidy took a bubble playoff team that was decimated by injury in the 1st round, as deep as CJ took the #1 team in the Atlantic with home ice advantage.

...That is all and this closes my chapter on the 2016-2017 season game threads

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930