Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Lots of anti-Cowboy bias on this thread. People coming up with all kinds of crap to say that Emmitt sucked? You can cry all you want about this running back being better or that running back being better but the fact remains that Emmitt holds a record that will never be touched. GOAT *****es.
    I actually have him top 5 lol.

But the anti Cowboys bias is hilarious.

Only Cowboys fans think he's GOAT. I have never once met a person alive that thought he was the best that wasn't a DAL fan.

But it's a world wide conspiracy against DAL.

I know you aren't young but how old are you?

Playmaker's video, although is just hilights is a good point. Dude's short cuts were unreal. Some of the best vision you'll ever see. Played low with insane leverage.

His prime doesn't kill some other guys but his prime lasted for god damn ever. Which maybe nobody else will ever do.

I have him higher than I used to. But I still don't know how I grade anymore.

I started saying **** it and saying I have different rankings for different thing. Against your era, career, your best high. etc.

I have likke 5 GOAT QBs lol

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I actually have him top 5 lol.

But the anti Cowboys bias is hilarious.

Only Cowboys fans think he's GOAT. I have never once met a person alive that thought he was the best that wasn't a DAL fan.

But it's a world wide conspiracy against DAL.

I know you aren't young but how old are you?
    The earliest he could be placed is #3 after Jim Brown and Barry Sanders, I just can't see an argument for him over either of those guys. After that there's a lot of directions and players deserving.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Playmaker's video, although is just hilights is a good point. Dude's short cuts were unreal. Some of the best vision you'll ever see. Played low with insane leverage.

His prime doesn't kill some other guys but his prime lasted for god damn ever. Which maybe nobody else will ever do.

I have him higher than I used to. But I still don't know how I grade anymore.

I started saying **** it and saying I have different rankings for different thing. Against your era, career, your best high. etc.

I have likke 5 GOAT QBs lol
    I'm the same way, I generally have 4: greatest (as in best career), best vs era (who dominated their era the most), best overall (who was simply the best physically), and best at their absolute peak (for 1-2 seasons).

The argument for Emmitt > Barry (I'm not arguing it, I can just see it) would be that Emmitt's style is more conducive to winning games. He ate clock, moved chains, blocked well for the QB, grinded at the goal, etc. Whereas Barry would often get his offense into trouble trying to dance around and break the big one, many times losing lots of yardage, and then was not as good at the intangibles.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567