Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Official Offseason Thread

Well, we are mathematically eliminated so I figured to get a thread up. It was a rather productive year with the growth of Jokic, Harris, even Murray and Juancho too. Veterans seemed to be our down fall but this may be a crazy offseason. What do you expect?

UFA's
    Gallo-expected to get a max or near max contract. He has a player option but we can all agree he is declining it.

Roy Hibbert- probably gone.

Mike Miller- has a non-guaranteed contract, does he become an assistant or play 1 more year.

RFA's
    Plumlee- could easily get overpaid this offseason and I hope Connelly knows he didn't help us and moves on and spends the money elsewhere.

Without Gallo or Plumlee we are sitting at about 60.65 mil + rookie scale which projects to be about 42 mil below the cap line (102 mil projected),(numbers may be slightly off).

Currently have the 13th overall, at most we can get to 11th with 2 losses and 2 wins by Detroit/Charlotte. The lottery goes our way we will be in the top 3 with less than a 5 percent chance of that happening. 51st overall in the second round as well.

What do we do, who do we draft, where is our direction?

2 to 3 of Nelson/Gallo/Ill Will/Barton need to go.

Gallo is the best scorer but is always hurt. His Defense is meh as well. Ill Will is our best defender and is a solid role player but his subtle *****ing is only going to continue and he is also always hurt...he has the most value so frankly...I say get as much as you can from him.

Move on from Nelson. Period. These games have proved that we simply don't need him and he's in the way of Murray/Mudiay. If you still insist on getting a PG...then give the money to a good one. A bonifide PG will work quite well with Jokic.

GET WING DEFENDERS. If you're going to throw money at someone then go for a guy like Porter....hell Hayward would fit nicely.

Essentially, this roster flux has got to stop this off-season. Enough of this "nightmare" roster and the "too many players you have to play" bull ****.

Wing defenders, a PG, and another big that can play with Jokic.

If you can find an option better than Plumlee...then explore it but NBA bigs are getting paid and Plumlee can be a nice role player in a team that has an identity or is close to getting one.

This team's is Jokic's team. So build around him. We know where to go...now just find the players that can be fully optimized with Jokic's skillset.

I think Gallo will walk. You can't pay him a max contract for being injured all the time. His defense is iffy which Malone has discussed about improving this offseason. He wants defensive minded players.

I doubt Nelson is gone. We don't need him, but I think Malone likes him enough to keep him unfortunately. And it wouldn't be a problem but he will demand minutes taking away from Mudiay and Murray.

1 of Barton or Chandler need to be moved. Hopefully to move up in the draft, I think a team like Minnesota would entertain that move. You can only have 1 ballstopper on the bench. Sit down with Chandler and see if he really wants to be in Denver, if not move him and keep Barton.

Wing Defenders out there include Tony Allen (no offense), Jonathon Simmons (RFA with limited offense ceiling), Sefolosha (elite wing defender), PJ Tucker (Elite 3 and D guy), Mbah a Moute (elite iso defender/pick and roll defender), Andre Roberson (will be extremely expensive), Iggy (**** him), Kaldwell-Pope (max deal who can guard 1-3), Otto Porter (my number 1 target).

We need a shot blocker or an excellent defensive minded guy next to Jokic. This can come in the draft or a FA or Plumlee. Taj Gibson (bruiser), Amir Johnson (more offensive), Dedmon (underrated Defensive anchor), JaMychal Green (much much better defender than Chandler but has the same versatility), James Johnson (arguably the second best fit next to Jokic at the four behind Millsap), Ibaka (realistically probably wont happen), Millsap (unlikely).

The only PG's worth taking a look at are George Hill and Patty Mills and Jrue Holiday. All are fairly elite and can help both ends of the court. Not necessarily a position of need though.

The NBA draft for wing defenders @13 include:
    Miles Bridges- 6'6" PF/SF with elite athleticism and strength. Truly think he can be a more athletic Draymond Green who can guard several positions.
    OG Anunoby- 6'8" SG/SF who has a 7'6" wingspan. Truly could be Kawhi Leonard type defender, likely with no offensive game other than dunks. If he develops a 3 he would be a top 5 pick. Also tore his ACL.

Bigs with defensive potential and can play next to Jokic @ 13
    Zach Collins- one of the most skilled bigs and a very good shot blocker.
    Bam Adebayo- good shot blocker, probably no offensive game to translate
    Justin Patton- similar to Collins in being versatile and a good shot blocker.
    Jarrett Allen- to me has Myles Turner written all over him. More of purely a 5 only but can play the 4.
    Harry Giles- would be a pick based purely off potential, struggled at Duke, but his HS mixtape is unreal for a 7'0 with his skills
    John Collins- lacks a motor from time to time, arguably the best suited to play next to Jokic in this class though.
    Ivan Rabb- Similar motor to Faried.

Trade up options-
    Johnathon Isaac is my favorite player in this draft. Similar type of player to Ingram.
    Jayson Tatum- elite offensive player, with build to be a potentially very good defender.

We need to consolidate some assets. Depth is nice, but we have some valuable guys that can't find pt like Juancho and Beasley. I think we need to get rid of Nelson and Barton first and foremost. I think we're set for a while at G with Murray, Mudiay, Harris, and Beasley. I'd let Gallo walk and put together a package to upgrade the PF spot or go hard after Millsap in FA.

Murray/Mudiay
    Harris/Beasley
    Chandler/Juancho
    Millsap/Faried
    Jokic/Plumlee

A lot of good defenders surrounding Jokic, and an intriguing bench. I may even start Juancho in this scenario just to increase the scoring off the bench.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    We need to consolidate some assets. Depth is nice, but we have some valuable guys that can't find pt like Juancho and Beasley. I think we need to get rid of Nelson and Barton first and foremost. I think we're set for a while at G with Murray, Mudiay, Harris, and Beasley. I'd let Gallo walk and put together a package to upgrade the PF spot or go hard after Millsap in FA.

Murray/Mudiay
    Harris/Beasley
    Chandler/Juancho
    Millsap/Faried
    Jokic/Plumlee

A lot of good defenders surrounding Jokic, and an intriguing bench. I may even start Juancho in this scenario just to increase the scoring off the bench.
    I would be extremely surprised if we get Millsap. Without making the playoffs and the assumption Gallo is our second best player, why would he want to come here. He is older too so I expect him to resign with Atlanta for the money or move on to a team that at least made the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby:31561082
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post

Murray/Mudiay
    Harris/Beasley
    Chandler/Juancho
    Millsap/Faried
    Jokic/Plumlee

I would be extremely surprised if we get Millsap. Without making the playoffs and the assumption Gallo is our second best player, why would he want to come here. He is older too so I expect him to resign with Atlanta for the money or move on to a team that at least made the playoffs.
    Maybe we're the only team willing to give him a max

''Sig by Johnle''

All in all was happy with the season, think we found a little identity finally. Loving the Jokic,Harris and Murray development. I think Plumlee has potential with enough practice and time with the guys to be a really nice piece but the price needs to be right.
    Would have loved to target Bridges in the draft but he is returning to school. I think Harry Giles might be worth the risk, if he's there, his length, handles and soft touch would plug in nice next to Jokic, assuming he regains his lift. I'm honestly ok heading in a ton of different directions in the draft.

Footballs back baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Katspinal1313 View Post
    All in all was happy with the season, think we found a little identity finally. Loving the Jokic,Harris and Murray development. I think Plumlee has potential with enough practice and time with the guys to be a really nice piece but the price needs to be right.
    Would have loved to target Bridges in the draft but he is returning to school. I think Harry Giles might be worth the risk, if he's there, his length, handles and soft touch would plug in nice next to Jokic, assuming he regains his lift. I'm honestly ok heading in a ton of different directions in the draft.
    Giles is a high risk high reward. I loved him in HS. At Duke he was seriously lost and slow. Averaged as many fouls at points or rebounds per game almost. He has to kill the workouts cause for someone who has had 3 major knee surgeries already and played terrible in college, it would be a no for me.

With Bridges out, Zach Collins, Justin Patton if we don't expect Plumlee back but it sounds like we will try and resign him. The only logical position in my opinion is OG Anunoby

Im ok with OG, I would also love frank ntilikina, although he is likely gone by the time we get our pick.

Im ok with OG, I would also love frank ntilikina, although he is likely gone by the time we get our pick.
    Ntilikina puts a huge log jam at PG. Murray/Mudiay/Ntilikina?

OG can play 3 positions defensively and even 4 when he gets a bit stronger.

"Signing Gallo is priority number 1." Wow....

I doubt the Knick's even entertain the idea of moving Porzingis, but he has been distancing himself from the team and teams have called. I'd throw everyone except for Jokic at the Knicks to try and acquire him. He's the perfect fit next to the Joker and we can build around them and they seem like the type of players that we could keep in Denver.

''Sig by Johnle''

I haven't completely given up on Mudiay, but some have, guess that's up to the team if they see the possibility of him still developing. Murray can play the 2. and Ntilikina is long so could see him playing 2 also. lots of possibilities. Really depends on if Gallo is back, and what we do at PF.

Footballs back baby!

I haven't completely given up on Mudiay, but some have, guess that's up to the team if they see the possibility of him still developing. Murray can play the 2. and Ntilikina is long so could see him playing 2 also. lots of possibilities. Really depends on if Gallo is back, and what we do at PF.
    Gary Harris gets most the minutes at the 2. We have a bit of a log jam at guard. Ntilikina should be gone by 13.

OG Anunoby fills a huge need at 13 with defense and the ability to guard 3 positions. Still a huge fan of trading up for Isaac.

I would not be suprised if we draft based completely off potential like Giles (even though i am not big on him), Ferguson, and Collins. Zach Collins is my favorite big in the draft.

Our second rounders are interesting picks as well. Derrick White is a pick I would love to see.

Throw all the money at Paul Millsap. Like D-Wade style.

If you're not Cleveland (with Lebron), GS, or SA....honestly..no one is going to actually win. These are the harsh facts. Either guys are going to try and join these super teams (like LMA/Durant), play for big time cities (Paul George wanting to go to the Lakers), or play for the money.

If we throw D-Wade type money at Millsap...I say we have a very good chance to sign him. Think about it...it's been two years straight where we have TRIED to trade for him. We're going to be interested. Got to do everything we can to nab him.

He's so perfect next to Jokic. Honestly, too perfect. An offensive juggernaut with PLUS defense. Find a way to keep Mason as that backup and we're going to be humming all season long. Bonifide post-season team too.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast