Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    under, 53

O/U: giroux and voracek hit 70
    Under. I think it's more likely neither of them hit 60

O/U: Andrew MacDonald plays in 60.5 games

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Under. I think it's more likely neither of them hit 60

O/U: Andrew MacDonald plays in 60.5 games
    Under: Sanheim pulls a Ghost and is up by mid year if he doesn't beat him out in camp.

O/U: Flyers Powerplay percentage 20.5%

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    Under: Sanheim pulls a Ghost and is up by mid year if he doesn't beat him out in camp.

O/U: Flyers Powerplay percentage 20.5%

Over. They were 19.5% last year, I think they have better personnel for PP2 and Knoblauch brings a new element to help them out. Flyers should at least be a top 10 PP again this year.

O/U: 82% on the PK this season now that the Vandemare twins are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Over. They were 19.5% last year, I think they have better personnel for PP2 and Knoblauch brings a new element to help them out. Flyers should at least be a top 10 PP again this year.

O/U: 82% on the PK this season now that the Vandemare twins are gone.
    Under, only because i expect some growing pains with the young dmen learning the ropes early on.

O/U:Flyers end up even in goal differential.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

This could be the most excited I've been for a Flyers season in awhile because of Patrick and what I'm reading from you guys with the young guys coming up.

In saying that, I'm still not as versed as I should be with these guys anymore.

If you had to put a percentage on what you think a guy makes the team out of the gate, what would they be?

Patrick - ??%
    Lindblom - ??%
    Sanheim - ??%
    Myers - ??%
    Haag - ??%
    Morin - ??%

Anyone else I didn't mention?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    This could be the most excited I've been for a Flyers season in awhile because of Patrick and what I'm reading from you guys with the young guys coming up.

If you had to put a percentage on what you think a guy makes the team out of the gate, what would they be?

Patrick - 95%
    Lindblom - 95%
    Sanheim - 20%
    Myers - 5%
    Haag - 95%
    Morin - 90%

Nobody else other than the laughton, leier, vecchione battle.

According to txravis we are going to be borderline terrible this year with all of the unders he took...

Under, only because i expect some growing pains with the young dmen learning the ropes early on.

O/U:Flyers end up even in goal differential.
    Over (above even). I say around a +12 or so would be accurate. Unlike you, I believe that we will have really solid goaltending this season and a team scoring at a decent clip per game.

O/U: Flyers in 3.5th place in the division. (who is ahead and who is behind)

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post

Patrick - ??%
    Lindblom - ??%
    Sanheim - ??%
    Myers - ??%
    Haag - ??%
    Morin - ??%

Good question. So in terms of these guys, my guess would be:

Patrick: 99%
    Lindblom: 100%
    Sanheim: 15%
    Myers: 10%
    Hagg: 98%
    Morin: 100%

Patrick I only leave 1% out in case he doesn't look himself in camp due to missing time this off-season from his surgery. Flyers have plenty of center depth so they don't technically need him, but I think he's just too good to leave off the roster, he makes this team that much better.

Lindblom I think is a lock. Barring injury I can't see any way the best forward in the SHL last season isn't on this roster on opening night. He's big, strong, physical, smart and he knows how to finish plays.

Sanheim and Myers are the tricky ones for me. I think Sanheim in particular could play this year, and Myers is actually quite polished overall for his age, but with AMac playing such a significant role last year, I think either Sanheim or Myers will have to be absolutely fantastic in camp to earn a spot, and only one is going to make it. With Morin and Hagg making the jump they simply don't have the room on the roster for both Myers and Sanheim. So I give Sanheim the slight edge due to AHL experience - and I happen to think his offensive game is significantly better than Myers - but at this current point in time I wouldn't say it's likely that either make it unfortunately.

Hagg I think is nearly a lock. The only reason I have that 2% cushion in there is if Sanheim or Myers looks better and they decide to keep either of them over Hagg. But Hagg has so much experience at this point, he's been an AHL player for 3 years now and has I believe 2 years of SHL pro experience, I think it's time he gets a shot to prove what he can do.

Morin IMO is a lock. He brings a physical element to the front of the net and PK they lack from anyone outside of Gudas. He's improved each year in the AHL and seemed to really hit his stride towards the end of last season. He's big, physical and nasty. I don't expect him to be a top pairing D man, but I think he can be a solid 4-6 who can kill penalties, be solid in the NZ and help in our own zone.

So at this juncture, I expect Patrick, Lindblom, Morin and Hagg to make this team out of camp, so 4 rookies on the opening night roster. Guys like Leier will fight hard but I'm not sure he's going to be good enough. Vecchione, same thing, plus he's waiver exempt so it makes it a rather easy decision if you're trying to decide between him and someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Over (above even). I say around a +12 or so would be accurate. Unlike you, I believe that we will have really solid goaltending this season and a team scoring at a decent clip per game.

O/U: Flyers in 3.5th place in the division. (who is ahead and who is behind)
    Under. I say they finish 5th. PIT, CBJ, WSH, and CAR finish ahead (I don't know what order). I think NYR misses the playoffs this year due to missing a 1C, but until the season starts and you see how teams play/what injuries occur this is such a tough thing to gauge, so obviously I reserve my right to change here.

That said I think 5th in the Metro is likely good enough to earn a playoff spot, because the Metro is amazing and the Atlantic is just ok based on right now.

O/U: 9 games for Anthony Stolarz OR Alex Lyon at the NHL level this season

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    According to txravis we are going to be borderline terrible this year with all of the unders he took...
    1. Do you believe both Jake and Giroux will have 70 points this year? (neither has done it the last two seasons)

2. Do you believe Jake will score 25 goals? (never has in his career, will be 28 this season)

3. Do you believe the PK, introducing at least 2 new forwards, and 2 new dmen will start the year well enough to surpass 82%? (this is a number that would have the unit in the top 10)

4. I predicted Elliot and Neuvy would give us league average goal-tending... do you expect better? These are league average guys.

5. I predicted under 40 pts for lindblom... Well the kids never played in the NHL.. And we have no idea how moron Hakstol will use him. So i decided to be cautious with my prediction.

I'm still exciting about this team this season, and believe the playoffs are a realistic goal. But it's not the league average goaltending, or 30 and 28 year old superstars who are showing signs of age that have me excited.

I'm excited for the kids. The young talent that is coming in. The depth that this team has between, Provy, Ghost, Hagg, Morin, Patrick, Lindblom, Weal, Konecny. These are the pieces that i'm excited about. These are the pieces that will dictate when/if this team will be a contender. This is the season they are year.

Under. I say they finish 5th. PIT, CBJ, WSH, and CAR finish ahead (I don't know what order). I think NYR misses the playoffs this year due to missing a 1C, but until the season starts and you see how teams play/what injuries occur this is such a tough thing to gauge, so obviously I reserve my right to change here.

That said I think 5th in the Metro is likely good enough to earn a playoff spot, because the Metro is amazing and the Atlantic is just ok based on right now.

O/U: 9 games for Anthony Stolarz OR Alex Lyon at the NHL level this season
    Individually or combined? Played or started?

Either way, I'm going under, hopefully. Elliot stays healthy and plays 50 games.

O/U: Ivan Provorov scores 9.5 goals.

Nolan Patrick has signed his ELC.

The Provorov and Patrick Era has officially begun.

Individually or combined? Played or started?

Either way, I'm going under, hopefully. Elliot stays healthy and plays 50 games.

O/U: Ivan Provorov scores 9.5 goals.

I mean it does say "OR" is big capital letters, usually implies one or the other, not both/combined lol.

I'll say just under for Provorov, I think he ends up with more assists this year to bring is point totals up.

O/U: 0.55 PPG rate this season for Travis Konecny. So not necessary scoring 45 points this season, but a scoring rate of 0.55 PPG factoring in injuries, etc.

I mean it does say "OR" is big capital letters, usually implies one or the other, not both/combined lol.

I'll say just under for Provorov, I think he ends up with more assists this year to bring is point totals up.

O/U: 0.55 PPG rate this season for Travis Konecny. So not necessary scoring 45 points this season, but a scoring rate of 0.55 PPG factoring in injuries, etc.
    Lol, i noticed that as i answered the question. However that still doesn't clarify the played or started question.

Under. Not by much. but i'm saying 20/20 type season. 40 pts player, would be a decent step up for him, setting the following season to be his breakout season. Also, he needs to be more effective on the power play before i see him reaching the 50pt mark.

O/U: 0.55 PPG rate this season for Nolan Patrick. So not necessary scoring 45 points this season, but a scoring rate of 0.55 PPG factoring in injuries, etc.