Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 168 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    hope las vegas offers takes orlov away from the caps. He has been really impressive this year and in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    hope las vegas offers takes orlov away from the caps. He has been really impressive this year and in the playoffs.
    Caps better do it this season. Window is closing and team will look completely different next year with so many players needing new contracts.

i just heard panotchchio mention something about craig anderson. if hextall can make that happen and unload neuvirth in the process, i'd be pretty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Caps better do it this season. Window is closing and team will look completely different next year with so many players needing new contracts.
    would be awesome if we got him. But they can lose orlov, oshie, williams, shattenkirk, alzner next year. Some might come back but they still will have vrana, bowey, schmidt if those players are gone. I really want to see orlov in vegas and see how he does with more minutes and a bigger role.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i just heard panotchchio mention something about craig anderson. if hextall can make that happen and unload neuvirth in the process, i'd be pretty happy.
    It's his personal opinion so it holds no water.

I certainly wouldn't be against it. Anderson is a solid goalie and he would be on a one year deal. Given everything he's been through this year with his wife though you have to wonder if he would want to move. I understand he doesn't have a NMC and thank God she's doing better now but I'm sure OTT would respect his wishes if he didn't want to leave.

Other goalies I would be looking at on short term deals would be Darling, Bernier and Nilsson. I'd still prefer to bring Mase back on a short term deal even with a pay raise but if that isn't in the cards then I'd look at these guys as well.

Doubt Orlov is going anywhere though I could easily see the rest leaving. Maybe they get Williams to stick around.

I certainly wouldn't be against it. Anderson is a solid goalie and he would be on a one year deal. Given everything he's been through this year with his wife though you have to wonder if he would want to move. I understand he doesn't have a NMC and thank God she's doing better now but I'm sure OTT would respect his wishes if he didn't want to leave.
    yeah, panotchchio mentioned that. apparently anderson's wife was (is?) getting treatment in philadelphia and he thought that could be the impetus for a trade.

Ah ok I didnt realize she was getting treatments in Philly.

Again, not against it. Hes a solid goalie on a 1 year deal. Depends how quickly they think any of Stolarz/Lyon/Sandstrom/Madsen/Hart will be ready for a starting job.

Like I've said, think Caps lose Grubauer in expansion. If that's the case I don't see Orlov moving.

Like I've said, think Caps lose Grubauer in expansion. If that's the case I don't see Orlov moving.
    wait, why would WAS expose orlov in the first place? it makes more sense for them to protect niskanen, carlson and orlov and leave orpik exposed since he's older, more expensive and more easily replaceable.

Flyers apparently among main teams interested in Spencer Foo, Vecchione's linemate this season at Union. Bigger, faster and honestly a little more skilled than Vecchione. Also younger.

Interesting to see where he fits IF he chooses Flyers. Id assume some bodies at forward will be on the move regardless.

I've been waiting to see if he signs here. Foo and Vecchione have great chemistry, just slot them on a line together. They played together for 3 years in the NCAA. I'd be excited if the Flyers grab him. One of the top scoring lines in the nation would bolster our 5vs 5 production and inject some skill and grit to the bottom 6/4th line. If they do though, who's on the out? Cousins, Read, VV?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryLikeHextal View Post
    I've been waiting to see if he signs here. Foo and Vecchione have great chemistry, just slot them on a line together. They played together for 3 years in the NCAA. I'd be excited if the Flyers grab him. One of the top scoring lines in the nation would bolster our 5vs 5 production and inject some skill and grit to the bottom 6/4th line. If they do though, who's on the out? Cousins, Read, VV?
    I'd imagine those 3 are already out. VV isn't coming back. Read probably gets traded, taken in expansion or bought out. Cousins probably doesn't have a spot as is and a candidate to be traded or taken in expansion.

Hexy has restocked the cupboard so quickly that we are talking about pushing legit 3rd and 4th line guys out. I never thought I'd see the day the flyers would be like this. I'm so happy about it

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    wait, why would WAS expose orlov in the first place? it makes more sense for them to protect niskanen, carlson and orlov and leave orpik exposed since he's older, more expensive and more easily replaceable.
    Orlov isn't even under contract for starters. Vegas is also limited to how many rfas they can take while also having to reach 60% of the cap. I think Grubauer is who they take anyway. At least that is who I would take.