Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team wins this First Round Matchup??

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • New York Rangers

0 0%
  • Montreal Canadiens

1 100.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I think the Senators will be better for us. Rask is the better goalie and we just finished dealing with Gallagher do you really want to deal with Marchand now. But you know what they say be careful what you wish for. So I just want to face whoever we can beat.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 04-23-2017 at 02:37 PM.

I'm thrilled that they're advancing,with my work sked I don't get to see a lot of games but I'm on vacation next week so it's cocktails and playoff hockey

I wanted the Boston Bruins because of their current injury/depth issues and the fact that it would have meant the Senators/Bruins had 2 less days of rest before the series started against the Rangers. But honestly, whether it was the Senators or the Bruins, the Rangers are the better team. They showed that throughout the regular season, and showed it over the first 6 games in the playoffs. Anything can happen in the playoffs. Look no further than what is going on in the first round with Toronto and Washington, and Chicago and Nashville.

But, the Rangers just beat a Montreal Canadien team that has been playing extremely well of late. They have the world's best goaltender in Carey Price. They have the type of guys that have historically given us trouble with their physicality, grit and net presence. And I do not think the Rangers played all that well. They were largely outplayed, and a handful of the Rangers best players decided not to show up for much of the series.

Now, the Senators a bit more dangerous with the way that Bobby Ryan and Erik Karlsson are playing. On paper, they lack the starpower to make a deep run in the postseason.

The Rangers win if:
    1. Henrik Lundqvist has a similar performance in Round 2 as he did in Round 1
    2. Rick Nash continues to play at a high level
    3. The 3rd and 4th line continue to play at high energy and pair up with teams top lines

The Rangers may struggle if:
    1. They make it easy for the opposing goaltender to track shots (please screen the goalie)
    2. The Rangers best players do ont show up (looking at you Stepan and Kreider)
    3. The turnovers in the neutral/defensive zone don't stop (looking at you Holden & Staal)
    4. They play scared (don't look for the perfect pass, put it on net)
    5. They play cute (their best offense was generated when they shot low and attacked the net; no such thing as a pretty goal in the playoffs. Unless you're Auston Matthews)

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

St. Louis Cardinals:
    1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011
    New York Rangers:
    192728 193233 193940 199394
    New York Knicks
    :
    1970 1973
    New York Giants:
    1986 1990 2007 2011

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

Quote Originally Posted by Swift n Sil3nt View Post
    I wanted the Boston Bruins because of their current injury/depth issues and the fact that it would have meant the Senators/Bruins had 2 less days of rest before the series started against the Rangers. But honestly, whether it was the Senators or the Bruins, the Rangers are the better team. They showed that throughout the regular season, and showed it over the first 6 games in the playoffs. Anything can happen in the playoffs. Look no further than what is going on in the first round with Toronto and Washington, and Chicago and Nashville.

But, the Rangers just beat a Montreal Canadien team that has been playing extremely well of late. They have the world's best goaltender in Carey Price. They have the type of guys that have historically given us trouble with their physicality, grit and net presence. And I do not think the Rangers played all that well. They were largely outplayed, and a handful of the Rangers best players decided not to show up for much of the series.

Now, the Senators a bit more dangerous with the way that Bobby Ryan and Erik Karlsson are playing. On paper, they lack the starpower to make a deep run in the postseason.

The Rangers win if:
    1. Henrik Lundqvist has a similar performance in Round 2 as he did in Round 1
    2. Rick Nash continues to play at a high level
    3. The 3rd and 4th line continue to play at high energy and pair up with teams top lines

The Rangers may struggle if:
    1. They make it easy for the opposing goaltender to track shots (please screen the goalie)
    2. The Rangers best players do ont show up (looking at you Stepan and Kreider)
    3. The turnovers in the neutral/defensive zone don't stop (looking at you Holden & Staal)
    4. They play scared (don't look for the perfect pass, put it on net)
    5. They play cute (their best offense was generated when they shot low and attacked the net; no such thing as a pretty goal in the playoffs. Unless you're Auston Matthews)
    I think you pretty much hit the nail on this head with this post.

I think we will beat the Senators, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made it reaaaaaaaal interesting. For as many playoff series wins we have had in the past handful of years, I can't remember any that were actually somewhat easy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345