Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team wins this First Round Matchup??

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • New York Rangers

0 0%
  • Montreal Canadiens

1 100.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift n Sil3nt View Post
    In fairness to AV:
    1. We still do not have a legit goal scorer. Outside of Montreal and Ottawa, every other team in hockey has a true sniper. That guy for us was supposed to be Rick Nash, but he has single digit post season goals in nearly 70 games
    2. For the most part, the leaders of this team are the same ones when Tortorella was coach. During his tenure, no body matched our intensity in the regular season, but everyone matched it in the postseason. You have to want this more than the other person, and you can't be cute. We have some guys (cough Hayes) that are trying to be too cute right now.
    3. For too long, this team has been built from the defense up. McDonagh, Girardi, Staal, Klein, Lundqvist, etc. And the result has been a very defensive minded team. I truly think we tighten up in the post season and we go away from what AV wants us to do (be offensive). At some point, you need to realize that you have a Top 5 goalie in net, which should allow you to take chances. But even the best goalies will allow a few goals if you give up 50+ shots.
    4. This team has ALWAYS played its best when in a hole. Let's not forget we were 17.3 seconds away from a commanding 2-0 series lead; hell, it took the death of St. Louis' mother a few years ago to give this team some emotion.
    Not saying I dislike AV as a coach but this team is deeper than mtl. Price was supposed to be the difference this series and he hasn't been tested like Hank has. Mtl has no top 6 centers and we have 3, outside of Radulov aND Pacioretty they have little up front aren't all, our forwards should be dominating this series. If get turn it around I'll be happy and I do think they can but they gotta want to win and play for their coach.

Big game tonight....LGR

Big win!!! They came to play tonight

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Big win!!! They came to play tonight
    Yeah they did, all around a good performance.
    Lundqvist has looked good in victory and defeat so far this series, some of the best hockey he has played all season.
    Nash is finally coming up with some playoff production.
    I did not think Smith was going to be worth those draft picks we gave up for him, but I am now thinking very differently. The guy is tough and has given us a ton of quality minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Yeah they did, all around a good performance.
    Lundqvist has looked good in victory and defeat so far this series, some of the best hockey he has played all season.
    Nash is finally coming up with some playoff production.
    I did not think Smith was going to be worth those draft picks we gave up for him, but I am now thinking very differently. The guy is tough and has given us a ton of quality minutes.
    Ya he's played well. Holden was better tonight too after being scratched. Now we just need Kreider to stop slowing down at the blue line and to blow by their d.

I'm the first one to beat on them when they stink but I am also more than willing to give credit where credit is due,last nights game was terrific entertaining hockey. All I'm asking for is an honest to goodness solid effort from our players and we got that last night. I thought 27,61,42,93,24,19 were terrific last night they surely came to play.

I was there on Sunday and Tuesday- night and day performances. LGR!

I just don't get why they need a wake-up call every year during the playoffs. What the hell was the excuse for game 3?

Not sure why either, we always seem to have one or two lazy games a series.

Huge win. Game 6 might as well be game 7.

-Mika and Brady were dynamite. Girardi also had 3 huge hits. Idk where that came from.

Play like they did in the 3rd and ot and the next game is over before the 3rd...if they don't they will be going back to mtl

Really nice finish to the game last night.
    I really hope they close it out in game 6. Getting a second consecutive huge win at home will be massive for the teams confidence going into round 2.

Hey what's up guys I'm a new writer for armchairallamericans.com and I'm covering the Rangers.

This is my last piece from earlier this week http://www.armchairallamericans.com/...n-column-home/

Give it a quick read and let me know what you think, I'd appreciate it!! I'll have another piece coming sometime tonight or tomorrow. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!

Welcome to the forum.

Read the article, not bad. let's us know when you write the next one.

What a W last night! Getting a couple extra nights rest will be huge after a physical series against the Habs. The team played pretty well as a whole, but we need to still improve it we want to advance further in the playoffs. Hank played out of his mind this series.

Still not sure who I'd rather see the Rangers play next round, but I'm thinking the Bruins.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast