Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Leafs vs Caps

Went from last to playoffs, 5 overtime games against the presidents trophy winners and a very bright future ahead. Will be an interesting summer once the expansion draft is done. 17th or 18th overall (depending on Nashville) in the draft as well.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

Well it was a great season guys.

So much to look forward to. This is only the beginning!
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Some day he's going to lift the Cup for us.
    He's going to win a cup. It better be with us!!! Sign him long term this summer to buy out the entry level contract. Would you go 12 years 72 million?

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Damn it. Great series. Babcock knew Marincin and Carrick were killing us and loko whose on the ice
    I blame Marincin for both goals. He turned over the puck on what should've been an easy break out after the Kapanen reset, and he somehow thought it was a good strategy to try and tickle Johansson's armpit to death on the second. Would've been better off starting 5 Dmen. FFS 1 man cost us this game.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    He's going to win a cup. It better be with us!!! Sign him long term this summer to buy out the entry level contract. Would you go 12 years 72 million?
    They can't negotiate with him until either after January 1st of next year or July 1st after next year. 8 years is the max per tje CBA. Not sure which date is correct my head is flustered. But you give him a blank cheque. Hopefully they can get him to take a discount but he's the pulse of the team. I'd be shocked if they don't name him captain over the summer.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 04-23-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Went from last to playoffs, 5 overtime games against the presidents trophy winners and a very bright future ahead. Will be an interesting summer once the expansion draft is done. 17th or 18th overall (depending on Nashville) in the draft as well.

Meet Nicolas Hague, your 1st round draft pick if things remain the same and Hunter doesn't pull yet another gem out of his @$$.

Should be around our pick.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=253977

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    They can't negotiate with him until either after January 1st of next year or July 1st after next year. 8 years is the max per tje CBA. Not sure which date is correct my head is flustered. But you give him a blank cheque. Hopefully they can get him to take a discount but he's the pulse of the team. I'd be shocked if they don't name him captain over the summer.
    Yes I forgot that 8 years was max. Got to keep that number under 8 though. Buy these years for a discount and an insurance policy for him...also creates a bit of a ceiling for those around him. With this cap situation, it will be tough to do what Chicago did.

Wonder if the NHL will ever allow a designated player option.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    Yes I forgot that 8 years was max. Got to keep that number under 8 though. Buy these years for a discount and an insurance policy for him...also creates a bit of a ceiling for those around him. With this cap situation, it will be tough to do what Chicago did.

Wonder if the NHL will ever allow a designated player option.
    I think there is a chance they could get him to a decent number. I remeber reading that his agent didn't want him to really get into endorsements his first year outside of the one he has with Bauer. But by all accounts he's got a line a mile long at his front door waiting to ink him to those deals and Toronto is the best market in the league for that. He's going to end up making way more money in endorsements than what he will earn just playing. Best part is he seems like a Crosby where money won't ever change his passion to win.

Heads help up as high as possible boys, dont wana hear one negative thing. Just keep building this thing now from the defense. We have a stud goalie, a stud #1 C, two premium wingers/playmakers, and lot of quality forwards to go. Kapanen is awesome too.

Just need that defensive depth now and stay the course.

Matthews presser was impressive. Definitely sounds like he will be playing with our next Captain, Zach Hyman, next year!

Great season. First time in my life where I legitimately see us winning a Cup as soon as next season. If they shore up the D and give us some more depth, this team will be as good as anyone in the league.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Great season. First time in my life where I legitimately see us winning a Cup as soon as next season. If they shore up the D and give us some more depth, this team will be as good as anyone in the league.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    I feel the same way. The depth at forward and the starting goalie is far and away as superior as any team. The experience for the kids this season and an upgrade at D would push this team to the upper stratosphere of the league.

Were set up front but the play of Freddie Andersen has helped shore up a lot of things for this franchise IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Were set up front but the play of Freddie Andersen has helped shore up a lot of things for this franchise IMO.
    Undisputed MVP of the team.

Freddy was amazing. We desperately need to find a guy to help him rest a few more games.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435