Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Letang will miss Post Season

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/pengui...230148049.html
    Penguins Kris Letang will undergo surgery for herniated disk in neck.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/video/pengui...230148049.html
    Penguins Kris Letang will undergo surgery for herniated disk in neck.
    That sucks for Letang and for Pittsburgh. He was a big reason why they won the Cup last year. I'm not saying they can't still win the Cup this year, but it makes it a bit less likely now with him for sure out. I think Washington makes it to the Stanley Cup.

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

That's a huge loss. I honestly don't think they can win the Cup without him. Their D isn't that great as it is.

This injury makes it much more likely that this is finally the Caps year.
    Still, I'd never fully count out a Crosby and Malkin lead team.

My prediction is that Penguins are out in the first round, the new format places them in a series with Columbus.

I'll declare them done.

Not that they can't make a run, but I don't think it's much of a stretch, personally, to assert them as unable to get out of the East now. Which is a shame because as I mentioned a few weeks ago the PIT/CHI SCF that's been in the making for at least a decade will apparently have to wait at least another year.

Still not convinced it's finally the Caps' year either, but this certainly doesn't hurt their odds.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I'll declare them done.

Not that they can't make a run, but I don't think it's much of a stretch, personally, to assert them as unable to get out of the East now. Which is a shame because as I mentioned a few weeks ago the PIT/CHI SCF that's been in the making for at least a decade will apparently have to wait at least another year.

Still not convinced it's finally the Caps' year either, but this certainly doesn't hurt their odds.
    I agree. The Caps will still find a way to **** it up.

Capitals will be the Stanley Cup Champions

If the capitals don't win the cup they should honestly trade absolutely everyone minus holtby and just build that way lol. With that team anything short of a cup is a huge disappointment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

The Bruins had a better differential in '14 and didn't win. The Caps themselves had a better differential in '10 and didn't win.

Hockey's weird. Probably shouldn't blow up the statistically best team on paper if they fluke out and don't win a Cup.

The Bruins had a better differential in '14 and didn't win. The Caps themselves had a better differential in '10 and didn't win.

Hockey's weird. Probably shouldn't blow up the statistically best team on paper if they fluke out and don't win a Cup.
    It was a joke... but on paper this is likely one of the best teams in the salary cap era. The league is a bit stronger and also adding Shattenkirk at the deadline has a big pull into the statistic you mentioned. They're probably stronger top to bottom than the blackhawks teams that dominated 3/4 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    They're probably stronger top to bottom than the blackhawks teams that dominated 3/4 years ago
    Hah, I'll need to see them win something first. I'm not convinced they're stronger top to bottom than this Blackhawks team, much less the 2010 squad with 11 All-Stars and 4 Hall of Famers or the '13 team which was easily the most dominant squad I've seen in the past decade.

I'll probably pick them to come out of the East because, statistically, it's almost impossible to make an argument for anyone else out there as the favorite but they're still the Caps. Let's see them *actually* achieve something before we start anointing them best anything.

Hah, I'll need to see them win something first. I'm not convinced they're stronger top to bottom than this Blackhawks team, much less the 2010 squad with 11 All-Stars and 4 Hall of Famers or the '13 team which was easily the most dominant squad I've seen in the past decade.

I'll probably pick them to come out of the East because, statistically, it's almost impossible to make an argument for anyone else out there as the favorite but they're still the Caps. Let's see them *actually* achieve something before we start anointing them best anything.
    We're talking about 2 different things again. Winning has nothing to do with it. We're talking on paper. I'm saying, on paper they may be the best team of the cap era. Which is why I said if they fall anything short of the Stanley cup this season it's a bitter failure.

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    We're talking about 2 different things again. Winning has nothing to do with it. We're talking on paper. I'm saying, on paper they may be the best team of the cap era. Which is why I said if they fall anything short of the Stanley cup this season it's a bitter failure.

Yeah but we fundamentally disagree on both aspects here.

I don't think you can be labeled "strongest" anything, on paper or otherwise, until you validate that by winning something of significance. Presidents Trophy not withstanding.

I also don't think they're a bitter failure if they don't win the Cup. Especially in the case of these Caps who haven't even been able to get to a Final, I think winning the East alone would actually go a substantially long way for them as a franchise.

...They still have to do it though.

Yeah but we fundamentally disagree on both aspects here.

I don't think you can be labeled "strongest" anything, on paper or otherwise, until you validate that by winning something of significance. Presidents Trophy not withstanding.

I also don't think they're a bitter failure if they don't win the Cup. Especially in the case of these Caps who haven't even been able to get to a Final, I think winning the East alone would actually go a substantially long way for them as a franchise.

...They still have to do it though.
    But that's exactly what on paper means lol. It means they are the best constructed team in theory. BEFORE anyone takes the ice. I get what you mean, and we agree with that part, but there's always theory and validation to everything. The theory isn't always correct, but it does exist.