Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Draft Hopes

Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    Laken could work in Seattle, he would play RG and kick Ifedi to RT. The lateral quickness, shuttle time, SPARQ score wouldn't be as important for those positions in Seattle's zone-blocking scheme. Allows him to take on one-on-one assignments, it plays to Laken's strengths, also allows him to call audibles, this is exactly how Laken should be used.

That being said, it's a move that cannot be made not because of a lack of interest on Seattle's part, but because one of those picks is a comp pick. Did the NFL go through with this rule change after all, Strive? Where you can trade comp picks this year?

EDIT: Drew, not Strive, lol sorry about that. I thought it was Strive that posted that.
    Yes the rule change was made it was a comp pick the Browns traded to Patriots for Jamie Collins
    Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    Yes the rule change was made it was a comp pick the Browns traded to Patriots for Jamie Collins
    Awesome, thank you. I knew they talked about it last year, then approved it, then revoked it so I wasn't sure where they stood on that subject. Being that I don't do trades in my mocks anymore, it never dawned on me that it was ok again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    Awesome, thank you. I knew they talked about it last year, then approved it, then revoked it so I wasn't sure where they stood on that subject. Being that I don't do trades in my mocks anymore, it never dawned on me that it was ok again lol.
    They never revoked it, the rule change just didn't go into affect till this year

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by C-Wick925 View Post
    They never revoked it, the rule change just didn't go into affect till this year

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Ah ok. I remember they said that it would happen for last year's draft, things got hazy with what happened afterwards. Noted, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by b-ballistic View Post
    Reddick.
    Shite! Reddick gone to Cardinals!

well hopefully we can still get Jaleel Johnson in the 4th we have so many picks left and drafting for depth that you have to figure we are going to move up to target guys we want. Still feel we need a disruptive DT and Johnson though weak against the run due to technique can cause havoc on QB's. Quite a few TE's still available as well so I won't be shocked when we pull a trigger on one of them as well.

Really like what Quinn does with his draft process. Maybe not always the flashiest player taken but they seem to fit the mold that Quinn is looking for.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011