Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Hopes

Well Reuben Foster failed a drug test at the Combine so he could/should(?) be there at 21.

I wouldn't love the pick with this red flag attached to it but if they vet, vet, vet, and are comfortable could be a steal. I'm not supporting this pick though. Too risky for me.

Watch us draft Foster in the first and Mixon in the second.
    2014 Prediction Game Champion

Quinn listed RB, WR, DB, and TE as the strongest positions in this draft class
    #QWiNNING

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Quinn listed RB, WR, DB, and TE as the strongest positions in this draft class
    Very surprised on this one. WR has really improved a great deal throughout the entire draft process. I have 3 going in the 1st round, another 2 going in the 2nd, 5 in the 3rd, 6 in the 4th, the value is at its best in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Honestly, I think Lions would pass on Foster and take someone like Watt or Jarrad Davis. Both fit the bill athletically and "character" wise, as well as filling a position of need.

I love Foster's upside, but he just seems like a train wreck waiting to happen.

I hope we don't take any "pure" edge guys in round 1. (Watt can move around, he's not strictly an edge player) None of them wow me or stick out. I'd rather take one of the LB, go secondary, or even offensive weapon. (Corey Davis if he falls, maybe McCaffrey)

https://www.draftsite.com/mydraftsit...ck-draft/2017/

Hello fellas. Barring a significant change, my final version of my mock draft. 4 rounds, would have liked to load it up on Walter Football so I can get into the analysis, but the damn site has been down all week. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I'm not surprised you have Foster falling that far. My complaint, and it would more towards the Lions in this case, is not taking him earlier. Move up for him and take Roberts later if he is still there in the third. Not bad overall though. Watt and Tankersley would be a huge boost for us in areas of need. I like Anthony Walker a lot but I defer to you as I do not know a lot about Chase Allen.

IDK if you follow Kent Lee Platte's RAS scoring but Allen graded out at nearly 7/10 on the Relative Athletic Scale.

Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post

Hello fellas. Barring a significant change, my final version of my mock draft. 4 rounds, would have liked to load it up on Walter Football so I can get into the analysis, but the damn site has been down all week. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    Any mock draft where Lions get Watt and Hodges would make me happy two of my favorite prospects in this draft class
    Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm not surprised you have Foster falling that far. My complaint, and it would more towards the Lions in this case, is not taking him earlier. Move up for him and take Roberts later if he is still there in the third. Not bad overall though. Watt and Tankersley would be a huge boost for us in areas of need. I like Anthony Walker a lot but I defer to you as I do not know a lot about Chase Allen.

IDK if you follow Kent Lee Platte's RAS scoring but Allen graded out at nearly 7/10 on the Relative Athletic Scale.

Foster... if it were JUST the failed, or inconclusive drug test, I would still have him towards the end of the first. Combine that with his incident at the Combine (haha not intentional, but it stays), the history of concussions, the poor interviews and I have him slipping into the 3rd. This guy is a damn maniac and has a screw loose.

As far as Chase Allen, it's a long-shot for him to be selected there but... just going on a hunch. Over the past 4 days he went from the 689th ranked player, to the 320th, to the 240th... something is up with him. It prompted me to check out how his game footage looks. He's a fast LB, smart, naturally instinctive and closes in on his assignment in a hurry. Actually tackles pretty soundly. I think he's an ace on ST as well, pure MLB that can play the SAM. I can see Bob Quinn going for him, much like he drafted Antwione Williams in the 5th last year. Chase Allen ran a 4.6 40 which is a good time when compared to other LB's this year- Zach Cunningham ran a 4.72. 40-time doesn't necessarily play too much of an important factor for Quinn when it comes to LB's, the positions where it's most important are CB, S and WR where he usually likes players that run in the 4.4 range. For reference sake, Tankersley had a 4.42. I have Watt mostly staying at DE but could see him playing LB in Nickel packages. I think TA is going to take the defense to the next level this year and start incorporating new schemes similar to how he introduced the 3 Safety formations. Should be interesting to watch. For rounds 4-6 I would say we pick up a RB, WR and Safety in any order and the UDFA's will feature at least another Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    Any mock draft where Lions get Watt and Hodges would make me happy two of my favorite prospects in this draft class
    Hodges is a freak. I really don't see much difference between him and Evan Engram. Hodges is a bit more raw but the guy blows the top off opposing defenses as a TE. He's like a bullet.

Very realistic. I could see why the picks went where they did.

Joe Mixon is such an obvious pick to the Raiders that I hadn't thought of before. They dgaf about character and they are moving to Vegas. The "bad guy" thing is going to sell there af.

I think the bears would sign up for that draft in a heartbeat.

I am fine if they like Watt enough and want him but I don't see him as an obvious fit. As you said though, Austin may be working on more diverse packages that would use Watt well. A good football player a can be dropped into any system and succeed if they find the right way to use them. If Watt is able to flex into different spots and be a guy the offense doesn't know where he's going to be most of the time, that could work.

I like Peppers but I get why people are afraid of taking him in the first. I just think he's a special freak talent and safe at 21. His ceiling in All-Pro and his floor is high because you can try him at several positions before you cut bait. Hell, they could try him at RB if he struggles for any reason. Look at how Pryor was able to transition into another position successfully.

I like the idea that we're going to have a shot at a dynamic player at 21 though AND then we still have the chance to trade back and stock up on some of those solid 2-4 round players. It would be a let down to not have a pick to over analyze on Thursday night but if we traded with Cle and had the first pick in the second round and a couple more 2 & 3 round picks, it could be huge.
    2014 Prediction Game Champion

Hodges is a freak. I really don't see much difference between him and Evan Engram. Hodges is a bit more raw but the guy blows the top off opposing defenses as a TE. He's like a bullet.
    If your talking about as a pure receiver I honestly think Hodges has the most upside in the draft at TE considering hes only been a TE for 2 or 3 years I believe (Was recruited as a QB) but he doesn't have great blocking chops but thats not what we need, Hodges could be a Jimmy Graham type TE for our offense like Ebron was suppose to be, obviously Hodges isn't the prospect OJ Howard is (since Howard is an elite blocker and recevier) but as a pure receiving threat I don't think anyone has as much upside as Hodges considering his athletic tools and short amount of time playing the position...

But back to the rumors about Foster if he is there at 21 and we pass on him I would be quite angry we have solid vets in the locker room, Stafford, Ngata, Tate, Glover Quin, Darius Slay they would keep Foster in line hes a top 5/10 talent and if hes there at 21 at our biggest position of need how could we pass on him? Randy Moss worked out well for the most part, Dez Bryant worked out well for the most part, Chandler Jones had issues coming out of Syracuse, Shane Ray had issues coming out, and Foster doesn't have as big of a ego as Bryant/Moss/Jones had coming out of college. It would be a terrible mistake to pass on Foster in my opinion.

Gawd I wish the draft would just hurry up

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    If your talking about as a pure receiver I honestly think Hodges has the most upside in the draft at TE considering hes only been a TE for 2 or 3 years I believe (Was recruited as a QB) but he doesn't have great blocking chops but thats not what we need, Hodges could be a Jimmy Graham type TE for our offense like Ebron was suppose to be, obviously Hodges isn't the prospect OJ Howard is (since Howard is an elite blocker and recevier) but as a pure receiving threat I don't think anyone has as much upside as Hodges considering his athletic tools and short amount of time playing the position...

But back to the rumors about Foster if he is there at 21 and we pass on him I would be quite angry we have solid vets in the locker room, Stafford, Ngata, Tate, Glover Quin, Darius Slay they would keep Foster in line hes a top 5/10 talent and if hes there at 21 at our biggest position of need how could we pass on him? Randy Moss worked out well for the most part, Dez Bryant worked out well for the most part, Chandler Jones had issues coming out of Syracuse, Shane Ray had issues coming out, and Foster doesn't have as big of a ego as Bryant/Moss/Jones had coming out of college. It would be a terrible mistake to pass on Foster in my opinion.
    Speaking of Hodges as a receiver - yes, that's what I was referring to, still has work to do as a blocker. As far as OJ goes... I don't really see him as an elite Receiver but is by far the best blocking TE in the draft. I think it's going to take OJ about 3 years to develop into a top receiving threat, but I don't think he's any better than Hunter Henry was coming out last year. So, tops at blocking and overall good at receiving, but not elite at receiving. Could be wrong, just what I see right now.

As far as Foster goes, there was never a point where I had him as a Top 5 talent. I'd say... Top 25, sure, he has that potential, but not Top 5 or 10. About half the scouts felt that he wasn't even the best LB in the draft, many already had him as a 2nd round pick before his incident with the hospital staff, but the amount of teams that were thinking about drafting him in the Top 10? You could count on 1 hand. Top 5? You can count on 1 finger. Shane Ray handled himself well during the draft process, as did Randy Moss, Dez Bryant, etc. and that's where the difference is. Reuben Foster is starting to look more like Randy Gregory. We don't need that headache. Of the teams that could take him in the 2nd round would be Dallas, maybe Cincy. That's about it. The 3rd round is where he might end up... 49ers, Cincy, Indy, I don't think he gets past Tennessee though and that's where I have him right now- his floor. The most important thing that teams look for when they invite you to the Combine is that you stay out of trouble. That's it. They don't care about the "character concerns" as much as long as you stay out of trouble and behave while you're there. He didn't do that. He already had major concerns about concussions and health as a red flag, and now he just added even more things for teams to look at.

As far as talent goes, yeah, the guy is pretty talented. I don't think he's on the same level as Dont'a Hightower was coming out of college, nor Luke Kuechley, Anthony Barr, or even Lenny Floyd last year. I think he's a much better prospect than Reggie Ragland was last year, but I don't see him as this can't miss LB a la Von Miller, and as for that team inside the Top 5 that would have drafted him - the 49ers - they did (possibly still do) feel that he could be the next Von Miller but this is coming from a GM who is going to be the next Matt Millen. I'd be more upset with us passing up on Jarrad Davis if he is available than Reuben Foster. I see Reuben more of like a Shawn Merriman type... talented as hell, short career.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Wick925 View Post
    Gawd I wish the draft would just hurry up

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    6 more days!
    #QWiNNING

Speaking of Hodges as a receiver - yes, that's what I was referring to, still has work to do as a blocker. As far as OJ goes... I don't really see him as an elite Receiver but is by far the best blocking TE in the draft. I think it's going to take OJ about 3 years to develop into a top receiving threat, but I don't think he's any better than Hunter Henry was coming out last year. So, tops at blocking and overall good at receiving, but not elite at receiving. Could be wrong, just what I see right now.

As far as Foster goes, there was never a point where I had him as a Top 5 talent. I'd say... Top 25, sure, he has that potential, but not Top 5 or 10. About half the scouts felt that he wasn't even the best LB in the draft, many already had him as a 2nd round pick before his incident with the hospital staff, but the amount of teams that were thinking about drafting him in the Top 10? You could count on 1 hand. Top 5? You can count on 1 finger. Shane Ray handled himself well during the draft process, as did Randy Moss, Dez Bryant, etc. and that's where the difference is. Reuben Foster is starting to look more like Randy Gregory. We don't need that headache. Of the teams that could take him in the 2nd round would be Dallas, maybe Cincy. That's about it. The 3rd round is where he might end up... 49ers, Cincy, Indy, I don't think he gets past Tennessee though and that's where I have him right now- his floor. The most important thing that teams look for when they invite you to the Combine is that you stay out of trouble. That's it. They don't care about the "character concerns" as much as long as you stay out of trouble and behave while you're there. He didn't do that. He already had major concerns about concussions and health as a red flag, and now he just added even more things for teams to look at.

As far as talent goes, yeah, the guy is pretty talented. I don't think he's on the same level as Dont'a Hightower was coming out of college, nor Luke Kuechley, Anthony Barr, or even Lenny Floyd last year. I think he's a much better prospect than Reggie Ragland was last year, but I don't see him as this can't miss LB a la Von Miller, and as for that team inside the Top 5 that would have drafted him - the 49ers - they did (possibly still do) feel that he could be the next Von Miller but this is coming from a GM who is going to be the next Matt Millen. I'd be more upset with us passing up on Jarrad Davis if he is available than Reuben Foster. I see Reuben more of like a Shawn Merriman type... talented as hell, short career.
    I have zero interest in Jarrad Davis small fast LB with injury problems? Sound Familiar? Some guy named Ernie Sims small fast quick LB Sims 6-0 230 coming out of FSU Davis 6-1 230 coming out of UF, if you want to take a LB thats safe I would prefer Zach Cunningham to Jarrad Davis but I wouldn't take a LB Round 1 unless Hasson Riddick falls or unless the team trusts Rueben Foster but thats just me

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast