Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ken Rosenthal
    ✔ ‎@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: MLB has cleared free-agent Cuban outfielder Luis Robert to sign with a club.

10:57 AM - 20 Apr 2017

just saw this ...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Can you share the link on that, would love to read the rest.
    I can give you the one BA put out today.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft...AoZQUmCYTDI.97

11. White Sox

The White Sox would snap up Gore if he fell this far, but thatís unlikely. An infusion of pitching talent in offseason trades gives the Sox the flexibility to go back to one of their favored phyla of talent, toolsy prep outfielders such as Louisville prep toolshed Jordan Adell.

Pick: Jordon Adell, of, Ballard HS, Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Ken Rosenthal
    ✔ ‎@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: MLB has cleared free-agent Cuban outfielder Luis Robert to sign with a club.

10:57 AM - 20 Apr 2017

just saw this ...
    Let's get on it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Luis Roberts can't sign until May 20th. Does anyone know if he can agree early?

11. White Sox

"The White Sox would snap up Gore if he fell this far, but thatís unlikely. An infusion of pitching talent in offseason trades gives the Sox the flexibility to go back to one of their favored phyla of talent, toolsy prep outfielders such as Louisville prep toolshed Jordan Adell.

Pick: Jordon Adell, of, Ballard HS, Louisville "

How many of our 'toolsy" picks have made it..............another Courtney Hawkins.........

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    Luis Roberts can't sign until May 20th. Does anyone know if he can agree early?

I can't find out, but it's doubtful. Saw this article which looks promising for us. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...rade+Rumors%29

Also read another article that said we were the only team expressing interest that are not in the penalty area for international spending. We need Abreu and Moncada to seal this deal for us.

If the kid is smart, and the money is close I think he comes to Chicago.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Kenny Williams will witness a private workout by Luis Roberts. May 20 is when Roberts can sign with a MLB club.

Bring him back KW
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

2017 MLB Draft Thread

It seems lately that the Sox are leaning pitcher with the first pick which probably means the high end bats will go early and a good pitcher will fall. If Kyle Wright is there (which he shouldn't be) the Sox will pounce all over him.

Callis in his latest mock had the Sox drafting DL Hall, a LHP from Valdosta HS in Georgia. Teams love this kid and some think he's better than MacKenzie Gore, the other LH HS pitcher.

Mayo had them going Alex Faedo out of the University of Florida. A big time RHP who would've challenged for the #1 spot in last year's draft if he were eligible. Big time FB/SLD combo.

Adam Haseley and Pavin Smith are two names I wonder if the Sox are considering if available. Both play at UVA and are tremendous hitters. Haseley is an OF while Smith is a 1B. Get this, Smith has more HR (10) than Ks (7). I still wonder about his true game power.

Haseley is hitting .399/.481/.680 with 25 XBH (12 HR). He plays OF which we know the Sox need and has good speed. Some scouts think he can stick in CF some think he'll move to RF.

The other OF is Jeren Kendall and he won't be there at 11.

I watch Hassley & Smith because they are local for me. Hassley also is a good pitcher. Pavin Smith is just a natural hitter. He should be a lock to make it. I think his power may settle in around 15 HR's a year,but, a high average hitter....

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    It seems lately that the Sox are leaning pitcher with the first pick which probably means the high end bats will go early and a good pitcher will fall. If Kyle Wright is there (which he shouldn't be) the Sox will pounce all over him.

Callis in his latest mock had the Sox drafting DL Hall, a LHP from Valdosta HS in Georgia. Teams love this kid and some think he's better than MacKenzie Gore, the other LH HS pitcher.

Mayo had them going Alex Faedo out of the University of Florida. A big time RHP who would've challenged for the #1 spot in last year's draft if he were eligible. Big time FB/SLD combo.

Adam Haseley and Pavin Smith are two names I wonder if the Sox are considering if available. Both play at UVA and are tremendous hitters. Haseley is an OF while Smith is a 1B. Get this, Smith has more HR (10) than Ks (7). I still wonder about his true game power.

Haseley is hitting .399/.481/.680 with 25 XBH (12 HR). He plays OF which we know the Sox need and has good speed. Some scouts think he can stick in CF some think he'll move to RF.

The other OF is Jeren Kendall and he won't be there at 11.
    Faedo's stock keeps tumbling. Two months ago he was pretty much the best prospect available not named Hunter Greene but his stuff has taken a step back this year and so has his velocity. I've also read that Hall's stuff has been inconsistent from start to start and if I'm picking that early, I want something more reliable.

I actually think there's a decent shot Kendall is there. In fact I'd be very surprised if one of Jeren Kendall, Austin Beck or Jordan Adell doesn't slide to 11, all of which would be great picks. I'm very big on Austin Beck, that Oppo power for a HSer is something else. I'd also be a big fan of Seth Romero over a guy like Faedo. Romero has off the field issues, but his stuff is very good, 15.43K/9, as long as you have faith in your minor league coaches to mentor him. I know you're big on getting a guy who can help right away, but I'm just not sure they're the best talent available for what's going to be there at #11.
    Last edited by Tryptamine; 05-07-2017 at 03:14 AM.

2017 MLB Draft Thread

Tryp, Jo Adell seems to be the guy that will be there. I can't see Jeren falling to 11. But that would be nice.

I've read where Faedo's stuff has come back over his last handful of starts and velo is creeping back up. Scouts have said his velo is down because of the two knee surgeries in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I watch Hassley & Smith because they are local for me. Hassley also is a good pitcher. Pavin Smith is just a natural hitter. He should be a lock to make it. I think his power may settle in around 15 HR's a year,but, a high average hitter....
    That's what scares me though about Smith. If his power is only a 15HR a year guy then he's a little better than Yonder Alonso and not Anthony Rizzo. If I'm drafting a 1B in the 1st round, he needs to have a chance to be a Rizzo type player.

That's just my assessment ,because I've watched him from the beginning. I could be wrong,but, that's how I see him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast